By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Wikileaks + US diplomacy = biggest "diplomatic" storm ever incoming !

This one's bound to stir up some controversy in the UK: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11882876

Wikileaks cable claims UK 'pledged to limit Iraq probe'

The Chilcot inquiry (which this is referring to) was quite a big thing in the UK, to try and determine the legality of the UK involvement in the Iraqi war, with many senior politicians and civil servants being gruled. Wikileaks are now claiming that the inquiry was limited to protect US interests.

Around the Network
O-D-C said:

apparently most of mid-east wants the States to bomb Iran, interesting...

Not very suprising, given Arabs vs Persians historic context. The most of mid-east belongs to Arabs, see.

Politicans are just out of control with their reaction to Wikileaks. Now we have a big-time Canadian politician publicly calling for the assassination of Assange: (edit - it seems he's a political advisor to the Canadian Prime Minister and an activist, not a politician. still)

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

NJ5 said:

Politicans are just out of control with their reaction to Wikileaks. Now we have a big-time Canadian politician publicly calling for the assassination of Assange: (edit - it seems he's a political advisor and activist, not a politician. still)

Who videotapes the news they're watching?

Assange is an Australian right?  Can't really do anything to him.  They could kill the person responsible for the leaks for treason though.

Seems extreme though.  Unless this actually does end up having some negative effects.

I just sent an email to this Flanagan asshole telling him to fuck off.

If anyone wants to join in the party, his address is tflanaga@ucalgary.ca

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

Interpol issues 'red notice' for Wikileaks' Assange

Lol, they reaised the maximun alert, for a sex offence...... -.-

benao87 said:

Interpol issues 'red notice' for Wikileaks' Assange

Lol, they reaised the maximun alert, for a sex offence...... -.-

maximum alert?  its a "contact police if you've seen this molesterer" deal.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

None of the leaks that I've heard about seem that groundbreaking. Arabs dislike Persians? Wow, I never knew that! NOT

I haven't read enough about it yet to comment further I must admit though.

NJ5 said:

Politicans are just out of control with their reaction to Wikileaks. Now we have a big-time Canadian politician publicly calling for the assassination of Assange: (edit - it seems he's a political advisor to the Canadian Prime Minister and an activist, not a politician. still)

Is that not against the law... 

Apparently he also wants to target China and Russia, who will be even less obliging, and none too skiddish on the whole assassination deal

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.