By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - GT5 sells 1.8m in two days WW

>:( @ HW boost this game will inevitably give.

Outstanding sales indeed, but it will push PS3 way above Wii

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
Jay520 said:

Another PS3 game that smashed people'e expectations.

and this is without Black Friday sales. Am I Right? Wednesday and Thursday?

So 1.8m bought the game before Black Friday. I wonder how many people bought it on Black Friday?

Its not smashed expectations

Its on track to match the expectations people had.

True, I guess I just wanted to flame those who said it wouldn't sell well due to the genre dying, low scores, low install base, etc.

morenoingrato said:

>:( @ HW boost this game will inevitably give.

Outstanding sales indeed, but it will push PS3 way above Wii

I don't know if we should just assume that far.  Hopefully the boost is large, but that may be setting people up for disappointment.  Everyone gives Wii as a gift around this time, it's just huge during this time.  I hope what you say happens, but I'd be happy as long as the boost is big lol.

Let's see how the legs will be shall we?

So my predictions could be not as stupid as many people said. Some said the game will do 6 millions life time... But when you see these numbers and compare it with GT4, GT5 could really reach these 6 millions in the first 20 weeks. Only problem could be bad legs because of mixed reviews.

12.08.2010, prediction:

GT5 will sell ~10 million life time (after 20 weeks around 6 million, rest with legs).

Around the Network

Awesome numbers for an IP with greats legs

Forgive me if I'm wrong as I don't live in the US but Thursday was Thanksgiving right? Are the shops normally open that day? I assumed they closed. My point being that are these numbers not 2 days EMEAA and 1 day US/Japan or have I got that wrong?

We're likely not tracking sales in the smaller regions so this is probably closer to 2 million. Opening in India is probably around 15k-20k. GOW3 opened to about 15k and GT5 would appear to be getting a bigger release there since it's the first game to get a midnight opening there. I'm curious to see what it sells in South America although I don't think the game launches there until December.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

A203D said:
snfr said:

Thanks for ruining this thread. Yep, Forza 3 is a better game because reviewers said so, just like Modern Wafare 2 is a better game than Halo:Reach

Seriously, reviews mean nothing because they are all subjective. Everyone should have his own opinion after playing both GT5 and Forza 3. And I doubt you have played GT5. Some may like Forza more, some GT5, none of these games is objectively better than the other one.

My point was that Forza could be better in some areas, but when ign and a lot of other pubs reviewed it they didnt review the 3D component, which GT5 sets the gold standard for. its compared to the likes of Forza and Need for Speed, despite that the full components of the game havent been reviewed.

lets say Halo Reach was reviewed without the online multiplayer mode. its hardly fair. Forza might be better in some areas, but when it comes to the full package of GT5, of 3D and headtracking for the cockpit, then i doubt Forza can hold a candle to it.

Well, as I said, it's opinion which one is better; and I was sarcastic with my comment about GT5/Forza3/MW2/Reach anyway. But you are definitely right about the 3D component.

My point was directed to Nsanity who claimed that Forza is the better game because of having a higher meta score and getting awards, which is simply ridiculous, because we don't know much about the reviewers and circumstances (just like the 3D component not being reviewed for example).

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3

johnglen said:
ProdigyBam said:

Vgchartz numbers dont matter to me, ill wait for PD shipment updated, they will ship 7-8 million copies as of 31st decembre

I'll wait for NPD, media create, charttrack e.t.c and not the BS PR numbers from PD or sony in general. But of course sony's numbers have become some people's religion since they are the only numbers they find comfort with.

*facepalm*

Companies can't lie about their numbers in financial reports, they can get sued for that, you know. I don't understand why it's so hard to accept... (bias? probably...)

And as I said: Media Create, Charttrack etc. are all just sales trackers which aren't perfect either. Why are you here again? To tell us how awesome other sales trackers are and how unreliable VGChartz is?

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3