By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Are YOU Happy with GT5? What would you rate it?

Are YOU Happy with GT5? What would you rate it?

Masterpiece!!! Perfect 10! 88 27.50%

F#@*n Amazing!!! 9.5 82 25.63%

Outstanding!!! 9.0 69 21.56%

Great Game!!!! 8.5 26 8.13%

Great Game, Could be better 8.0 30 9.38%

Good, but not worth the wait 7.5 25 7.81%

Total:320

Now that you've had time with the game, how do you like it?  Is GT 5 the best racing sim you've ever played or a little disappointing after so many years of hype? Personally, it's the best racing sim I've ever played, but I don't think they needed 1,031 cars. Especially since some of the standard ones look like shit on wheels.

I made this thread since people seem to be having a meltdown over the "official" scores the game is getting. People don't seem to realize that reviewing a game doesn't take a special skill or degree and the reviewer is just some dude giving their opinion. At the end of the day aren't we all just some dude?

Please rate with the poll options as well as give your opinion.

My Personal score: 9.5

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Around the Network

quick question, sure the likes of AC and blops haven't taken forever and an age to make but what have they done to welcome "non-fans"? Why should GT5 be singled out for not "hand-holding?" It's a racing SIM, it's been that way for a while now and if after 7 games people can't see that then there's no hope for gaming

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

yes its a great game, the standart cars look like ps2 upgrades but stil looks nice.

the 200!! premium cars looks amazing!!! and i love the cockpit view.

the cars all handle diffrent en sound diffrent

i dont like the long loading time.

hopefuly PD gt6 will have all cars premium and beter damage.

overall GT5 is just how GT is... a exelent driving Sim!

i voted 9

I will deduct a point for each yaer of development plus each standard car.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
hiroko said:

yes its a great game, the standart cars look like ps2 upgrades but stil looks nice.

the 200!! premium cars looks amazing!!! and i love the cockpit view.

the cars all handle diffrent en sound diffrent

i dont like the long loading time.

hopefuly PD gt6 will have all cars premium and beter damage.

overall GT5 is just how GT is... a exelent driving Sim!

i voted 9

That's exactly what I thought of when I took a picture of my first car. I didn't really notice at first, until I looked at a few replays of my races. The details of the standard car models compared to the detail of the tracks is REALLY noticeable. At least the majority of the cool cars are premium.....

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Around the Network

i only hate the jaggy shadows. everything else is superb. even the stardard car looks fine in racing. 9.0 for me.

Ajescent said:

quick question, sure the likes of AC and blops haven't taken forever and an age to make but what have they done to welcome "non-fans"? Why should GT5 be singled out for not "hand-holding?" It's a racing SIM, it's been that way for a while now and if after 7 games people can't see that then there's no hope for gaming

actually, gt5 improved a bit in this area as the licensing has been played down quite a bit. So non-fans can start racing without worrying licenses too much. but i agree PD should do more to satisfy new comers. such as a career mode...

jst a few shadows.

Apart from that is is brillaint.

I dont really like the look of the loading screens though and i hate that stupud black and whitestripe effect in some of the menu's.

its a 9.5 for me.

to the people who picked 10, can you post in the thread please and say why its a 10. If not then i am going to consider any 10 a fake from someone who is just trying to sku the results

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

9.3/10

The game does what its supposed to. Its the next sequel in the GT series and it plays like it. However there are a lot of lousy menus and overblown load times (for the menus).

There are a few things that seem a little odd to me, though. Like the fact that the licenses don't play much of a role anymore, and that you have to be a certain level just to BUY a car instead of race it.

Other than that I really can't complain about what I don't like.. its all up to stuff that I would rather improve than fix.

I don't get what people have against the menus.  They are quite simple and straight forward to me.