By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Are YOU Happy with GT5? What would you rate it?

Are YOU Happy with GT5? What would you rate it?

Masterpiece!!! Perfect 10! 88 27.50%

F#@*n Amazing!!! 9.5 82 25.63%

Outstanding!!! 9.0 69 21.56%

Great Game!!!! 8.5 26 8.13%

Great Game, Could be better 8.0 30 9.38%

Good, but not worth the wait 7.5 25 7.81%

Total:320

best racer deserves a

Around the Network

9.5 because of the loading times, bad shadows and other graphics-issues.

The driving is just awesome(using a DFGT). I love the Museum-Cards and the stories of the cars.

All reviews saying the same thing (even bad ones).

"BEST SIM RACING GAME EVER"

So for me 10 (Perfect) because I love SIM > ARCADE.

Edit - My score was Reviews based... could change after I play the game in December.

I have been playing it none stop and Im not much of a racing whore.

The game has its issue like jagged shadows and such but it still looks phenomenal hands down the best looking racing game I played on consoles.(night/rain driving blew my mind!!!)

I havn't even tried every feature of the game but so far its definitly a 9/10.

Grandia said:

@ geddesmond2

GT5 is  significantly behind its expectations, 85% on metacritic is not that what people thaught it will get. All under 90% is a big disappointment for a Gran Turismo. Thats why there is many hate for GT5.

But the scores below 85 came because the reviewers wanted to play an Arcade style game and DP gave way the perfect SIM.

But GT is that ... SIM not Arcade.

For real fans it the BEST GT EVER CREATED.

Around the Network

9.0 for me, the technical issues weighed down the score but man I'd give it a 10 if it was based on pure fun :D

Even though it's a 9 in my eyes, I still feels like better than anything else I've ever played and it'll only get better!

puffy said:

9.0 for me, the technical issues weighed down the score but man I'd give it a 10 if it was based on pure fun :D

Even though it's a 9 in my eyes, I still feels like better than anything else I've ever played and it'll only get better!

Completely agree with you. 9/10 for me too. For all its technical issues, people could conceivably be playing this thing for years. Not replaying. Playing.

Sorry people but that's GT5.

It's a 9.0 -9.5 so far. A flawed masterpiece.

Grandia said:

I gave GT 5 a 7.5, GT5 is a good Game but that is not enaugh for the hype that was built around this game, not enaugh for ist costs of 60 Million Dollar in development. Only to be a good game is not enaugh because of the history that Gran Turisom has. Every GT from GT1 - GT4 raise the standarts of the Racing Genre but GT5 did not handle this.GT5 stands only by 85% on Metacritic.

In the End GT5 is only a good Racing Game not more, no less thas not enough for a Gran Turismo. Forza 3 is the new King

Every single time I read a review in Gamespot (and other sites) from a user who gave GY5 a score lower than 8,5 they always mention that GT5 did not live up to the expectations, that it cost so much money and time and that Forza is better. I really question whether those people actually own a ps3 and GT5.

So, Grandia, can you please elaborate on why it deserves a 7.5? And it would be nice to focus on the actual gameplay, instead of the production and the hype generated mostly by fans. How many hours have you played this game?