By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Are YOU Happy with GT5? What would you rate it?

Are YOU Happy with GT5? What would you rate it?

Masterpiece!!! Perfect 10! 88 27.50%

F#@*n Amazing!!! 9.5 82 25.63%

Outstanding!!! 9.0 69 21.56%

Great Game!!!! 8.5 26 8.13%

Great Game, Could be better 8.0 30 9.38%

Good, but not worth the wait 7.5 25 7.81%

Total:320
ethomaz said:

Stop blaming my name.

What I read in reviews GT5 desevers a 10/10 score because it's the best driving sim ever created.

But it isn't the best racing (or Arcade racer)... it's the bes sim racing.

But the poll is about what YOU think of the game. If you're going by another persons' opinion it's not what YOU think.

Example: I made the mistake of going by what other people thought of Oblivion IV and found that it wasn't what I wanted in an RPG. What sounds nice on paper doesn't always translate to the experience.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Around the Network
Hyruken said:

long ass opinion

So I gather you actually tried all those cars, to come to the conclusion that they don't sound like the real thing?

I have a lot of issues with your review, but that point stood out to me.

Grandia said:

@ geddesmond2

GT5 is  significantly behind its expectations, 85% on metacritic is not that what people thaught it will get. All under 90% is a big disappointment for a Gran Turismo. Thats why there is many hate for GT5.

But what do YOU think of the game? You're just using the metacritic score and what other people have already said to justify.....actually I don't really know what you're trying to justfiy. Why did you post in this thread?

I can't rate it yet. Barely got the first licence. Ugly shadows. I will rate it down for that.

I have a feeling it will evolve to be a beautiful racing game. We'll see.

So far its the best racing game on console (IMO), i really love it. the only problem is the 800 standard cars, the reviewers will not be happy with that (no body its happy lol), but IMO 220 premium cars is more than enough because of the 400 forza 3 cars i only used about 120-130 and i played more than 200 hours.

So far 9.5

Around the Network
Hynad said:
Hyruken said:

long ass opinion

So I gather you actually tried all those cars, to come to the conclusion that they don't sound like the real thing?

I have a lot of issues with your review, but that point stood out to me.

Of course i haven't. I have tried about 100 or so i would say. Of those 100 i would guess about 25 have the same engine sounds. The Impreza for example which has many varients, sounds nothing like a scooby. If they didn't get common cars sounding right then why would they have done so for the very rare cars?

Plus if you visit the forums your see people who are far more better at the technical side then me say the samething.

So by having an issue with it doesn't make it wrong. Which it isn't.

adriane23 said:
ethomaz said:

Stop blaming my name.

What I read in reviews GT5 desevers a 10/10 score because it's the best driving sim ever created.

But the poll is about what YOU think of the game. If you're going by another persons' opinion it's not what YOU think.

Example: I made the mistake of going by what other people thought of Oblivion IV and found that it wasn't what I wanted in an RPG. What sounds nice on paper doesn't always translate to the experience.

I didn't vote on pool yet because I said that can change my vote after play the game.

My opinion (10/10) is all about reviews now.

I just expressed my feeling about all reviews I read and all of then said "GT IS THE BEST SIM RACING GAME" even the scores 8.

Honestly, around a 210. I just don't get what is all the hype with racing sims.

Great game. 9.5

I heard so many complaints about the menu.  Both critics and users alike.  I bet if that was the iPhone/iPad menu they'd love it.  The menu is nice.

Similar to Windows 7 mobile interface which people love.

ethomaz said:
adriane23 said:
ethomaz said:

Stop blaming my name.

I didn't vote on pool yet because I said that can change my vote after play the game.

My opinion (10/10) is all about reviews now.

I just expressed my feeling about all reviews I read and all of then said "GT IS THE BEST SIM RACING GAME" even the scores 8.

OK, fair enough. As long as you didn't vote in the poll yet.