By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Treyarch or Infinity Ward?

Infinity Ward because they made COD4 . Although MW2 was utter crap.

Around the Network

I posted earlier but I'll shorten my response. IW is more talented, but Treyarch is better because they support their games after release. I think Treyarch is the better developer. Also they listen to the community.

I had a long response I wrote , but I can no longer post vgchartz on ps3, stupid I guess its a result of becoming gammerconnect.

1st Treyarch makes AAA games.

In short, Treyarch the have Zombie mode and the don't encourge boosting. First, they got rid of the nuke which was just abused over and over in free for all to get the nuke symbol. Also by eliminating tactical insertion in free for all they cut down majorly on boosting in general. I hate cheaters. Also this is important to me because in multiplayer I play free for all about 90% of the time.

I could go on for pages, but IW will suck now since they lost most of waht made them good.

dunno001 said:

...You didn't make this a poll? For shame!

But put me in the Treyarch camp. They know how to make more than one game.

IW is a much smaller company then Treyarch. You can't expect them to make many games.

Boutros said:
dunno001 said:

IW is a much smaller company then Treyarch. You can't expect them to make many games.

No, but I can at least expect some variety. IW was founded in 2002, and bought by Activision in October 2003, the same month that Call of Duty came out. Since then, they have released a grand total of 5 games in 1 franchise. Nothing else.

Treyarch, founded in 1996, was bought by bought by Activision in 2001. Before 2001 had even come about, they had released 8 games over 5 different franchises.

Had IW even tried doing something else, I'd not be so critical of them. However, in less time, Treyarch had worked on as many franchises as IW had released games. I can't help but see IW as a one-trick pony, especially since the next game they're reportedly working on is... surprise! Another CoD game!

-dunno001

-On a quest for the truly perfect game; I don't think it exists...

Around the Network

Infinity Award. The only game in the COD franchise that I enjoyed was Modern Warfare.

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

IW 100%

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

dunno001 said:
Boutros said:
dunno001 said:

No, but I can at least expect some variety. IW was founded in 2002, and bought by Activision in October 2003, the same month that Call of Duty came out. Since then, they have released a grand total of 5 games in 1 franchise. Nothing else.

Treyarch, founded in 1996, was bought by bought by Activision in 2001. Before 2001 had even come about, they had released 8 games over 5 different franchises.

Had IW even tried doing something else, I'd not be so critical of them. However, in less time, Treyarch had worked on as many franchises as IW had released games. I can't help but see IW as a one-trick pony, especially since the next game they're reportedly working on is... surprise! Another CoD game!

But how is it a bad thing? Look at Polyphony Digital. They've been doing Gran Turismo since forever and no one dislikes them because of it.

I actually don't want IW to do anything else than a CoD game. They're too good at it.

Snesboy said:
-PaNdOrA- said:

Infinity Ward no likey the Wii :(

So I would have to pick Treyarch, they likey the Wii mucho!

Pretty much this.

I'll add my assent to this point

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Treyarch