By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Performance optimizer ad - let me know when you get one.

I got one about 45 minutes ago, and my antivirus caught it trying to install a downloader on my PC.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network

I had that happen to me about an hour ago. I just closed the tab and that seemed to stop it. I think I will check my computer just in case

I got it today just about 2 hours ago

Currently playing: Civ 6

It's a Google Adds problem. I had the same problem at another website i frequent. Or atleast it was last time. Google sucks at filtering out programs like that.

I seem to have gotten rid of the downloads before they downloaded. Hopefully. I picked up No Script and Adblock to deal with it.

I got one just a minute ago.

Around the Network

I like the Trauma Center ad! Though I don't actually see it anymore. I turned on noscript. :x

I might have just got one a minute ago (i think), it asked me if I wanted to download a malware scanner. The page that loaded looked like the windows security panel.

htp://scanner2.malware-scan.com/9_swp/scan.php?tmn=null&aid=signa1we_ma9_mb1&lid=vinch&affid=&ax=1&ed=2&mt_info=3958_0_11470

Was the URL, i would not reccomend going there

I just got the same one with Sam Yikin.

Guys if you get that ad don't click "no". Seriously, that's Windows antivirus 101. Whatever a pop up add says, never click on anything in the box, just X out of it and it goes away. I got that optimizer add like 3 times in the last few weeks and it minimizes your browser, but if you just X out of it your browser reopens and everything is just fine.

i got many during the past few days, just got another one when i clicked into this site

It (PS3's market share) might hit 30%, but definently not more. ~ Neo

Flaming (Calling another user (any user) a fanboy is flaming.) ~ Machina-AX