By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is GT5 some kind of joke?

Acevil said:

All joking aside, I really don't understand what people have against offering variety.

Maybe GT needs a lot of patience and time to enjoy... and most of people just want a Arcade race.

Around the Network
KylieDog said:

I too have to admit the Top Gear special event with the 'hippy vans' is lame as hell.

I haven't played it yet, but is it really that lame? I've heard some complaining about it in GTplanet as well. I have to admit, it's the event I'm least looking forward from the list, by presentation alone.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Ginyu said:

The game isnt a joke its the fans expectations thats the joke.

Can't you spend you time and efforts on something you actually like, rather than something you don't.  Or is your life really that pathetic?

Go Karts lol

If you have something additional its better then not having it at all. Whats the problem with Go Karts ? It offers more then any other racing game and still people complain about the fact that its only a Sim Racers.

And the selection. Maybe they actually like those cars you mentioned all of those cars are Cult Cars. A lot of people like them a lot. From a design standpoint I could understand that its more interresting to design a Schwimmwagen then a Veyron. Sportscars have to be very similar from their shape to offer the least resistance maybe its more boring. Maybe there are other problems it was planned but they werent able to finish it in time ?

But another possibilty is that they can sell in future packages of the newest cars as DLC. And so they dont include already everything in the main game.

KylieDog said:
lestatdark said:
KylieDog said:

I too have to admit the Top Gear special event with the 'hippy vans' is lame as hell.

I haven't played it yet, but is it really that lame? I've heard some complaining about it in GTplanet as well. I have to admit, it's the event I'm least looking forward from the list, by presentation alone.

They are slow as hell, you'll reach 50 on a long straight if you are lucky, you cannot really duck in and out since you all move the same speed, it just is not possible. 

Slow and boring, I found.

How is the slipstream with them? With their shape, the aerodynamics must really be sucky. Since the top gear track is prime to some slipstreaming, it's seems a shame to reduce the initial experience in it due to the severe limitations of the VW Sambabus.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

This is what GT is about, breadth. People who buy GT want to be able to soup up standard cars with turbo upgrades and racing tires as well as access to a plethorea of sports cars and supercars. If you want only Ferrari's, Lambo's and ridiculous unrealistic racing on thirteen on the dozen tracks (seriously, the amount of variaton between Underground 1 and 2, Carbon and Most Wanted is... extremely low to say the least), try Need for Speed or something.

Edit; yes, I played the Sambabus event today, it was boring as fuck but I got through it. This one thing does not make it a bad game though, I think people are looking hard for reasons to hate on this. Some people just don't understand what GT is about.

Is there anything PS fans don't bitch and whine about? You guys do it to all PS3 exclusives, I had to sit through this with Killzone 2, LBP, Uncharted, Mod Racer,  Heavy Rain,  heavenly sword, all of them.

I know NSMB, Forza, Halo, they all have their flaws, but their fans never bitch about as much you guys do it. Stop wanting every Sony game to be the best game ever, stop watching for theses games to all be 9's and 10's in metacritic.

A game got 8.5 and it feels like this is the worst game ever made. This is seriously getting out of control, because you can't go around talking shit about Forza 3 doesnt make GT5 bad, jeez.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

GT always had lame and boring races, right beside the amazing fast and fun ones.

I can't remember exactly which ones, but GT3 had some pretty terrible races.

Basically take  a family car out for a spin and try to get 1st place.

Its nothing new, why complain about it?

KylieDog said:
lestatdark said:
KylieDog said:

They are slow as hell, you'll reach 50 on a long straight if you are lucky, you cannot really duck in and out since you all move the same speed, it just is not possible. 

How is the slipstream with them? With their shape, the aerodynamics must really be sucky. Since the top gear track is prime to some slipstreaming, it's seems a shame to reduce the initial experience in it due to the severe limitations of the VW Sambabus.

Slipstream is non existant, I tried and it isn't hard to stay in the right position for it.

Damn, that makes me kinda worried about how difficult the Professional event must be then (I'm guessing that it has the same event partition as the Kart event, as it's the only one i've done so far).

Current PC Build

lestatdark said:
KylieDog said:
lestatdark said:
KylieDog said:

Slipstream is non existant, I tried and it isn't hard to stay in the right position for it.

Damn, that makes me kinda worried about how difficult the Professional event must be then (I'm guessing that it has the same event partition as the Kart event, as it's the only one i've done so far).

I get annoyed sometimes in the special events and licenses when the penalties are so inconsistent. Sometimes a mere bump in the rear or side of an opponent disqualifies you and other times you ram them with an enormous thud at high speed when braking into a corner and nothing happens! The worst one thus far was the last test in the iC license (at least I think it was) when you drive an old Ferrari against a field of old European sports cars.