By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is GT5 some kind of joke?

I'm personally digging the game so far.  I also don't care about what the scores are.  They're good enough.  I think most of the whining comes from the fact that the first four games were released within eight years, while it took five years for the next release.  That's a big wait for fans, so they expect the best.

I think everything is legit.  The game is good, but not as good as everyone wanted after a huge wait.  I'm still enjoying it and am personally glad GT is back.  The technology has overcome Kaz's desire for perfection.  That's it.

I'm going to continue enjoying this awesome game.

Around the Network

@ocean-1984

Read that article...

GT5: Fans love it, and that’s all that Matters

--OkeyDokey-- said:

Go into arcade mode. Select Special Stage Route 7 night/weather. Select the McLaren MP4-12C. On the second lap, watch the fireworks fill up the sky from cockpit view.

Then come back and laugh, troll. This game > you.

Sounds like a lot of steps to be wowed by this game.  I thought the whole thing was pretty much supposed to do that?

nightsurge said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:

Go into arcade mode. Select Special Stage Route 7 night/weather. Select the McLaren MP4-12C. On the second lap, watch the fireworks fill up the sky from cockpit view.

Sounds like a lot of steps to be wowed by this game.  I thought the whole thing was pretty much supposed to do that?

it kind of is, I look at it and my jaw drops

Considering the opening video shows extended footage of a factory, I am wondering if they stuck a factory simulator in there .  Hey, maybe they snuck elements of the XBox driving game Apex in there, or at least what Apex tried to be.

Around the Network
--OkeyDokey-- said:

Gotta try this thanx!!

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

I think GT5 really fucked up. They took 5 years to develop a game that is obviously great but not revolutionary in any way. Polyphony should have spent less time nitpicking minor details/pointless additions and gotten this game out way sooner.

They allowed 2 Forza games (both very high quality) to come out during the time of its development and then when GT5 finally comes out its getting lower scores than Forza 3? Come on Polyphony, you gotta know you messed up. 

I think GT5 could have easily come out in 2008 with 1000 cars (none of them "premium"), all the tracks/races it has now, the great graphics it has now, online, plus better damage modelling...but without un-necessary stuff like a track editor, go karts, premium cars, b-spec, etc. It could have come out in 2008 which would mean much lower expectation and it probably would have pulled 90's across the board by reviewers.

...Then saying GT5 came out in 2008, they could start on GT6 which would add all the un-necessary features GT5 has but to an even higher quality and it could come out in 2010 or 2011. That way there would be a real GT5 game out (prologue doesn't count) to counter Forza 3 and then an even better GT6 to kill Forza 4 whenever it comes out.

That's just my opinion. All that being said I'm gonna go buy GT5 probably this weekend.