By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Nintendo hardware sales more than 2 million this week

Quite possible.

Another thing of note is that Wii's lifetimes sales have surpassed the GameCube's lifetime sales in both Japan and Europe this week. It's a few months away from the N64 in both territories (1.3m Japan, 1.9m Europe), but it has a good shot of surpassing the N64 in both territories before the end of Q1 2007.

In America, Wii catching GameCube sales in the first quarter is unlikely (behind 5.4m), but it should be able to reach GameCube's worldwide sales in the first quarter anyway on the strength of Europe and Japan. Pretty impressive.

And the DS should beat the NES' lifetime sales in two or three weeks. Nintendo's gotta be pretty happy with themselves.

Around the Network

I suspect they have another 500k Wiis in storage for the final Xmas rush - plus a heap more DSs.

I say yes - I'd expect to hit 3m, and possibly even 4(!) before the end of the year (1m Wii, 3m DS).

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

FishyJoe said:
Don't forget what Reggie said. The week before Christmas will have the biggest week ever for the Wii.

link please?

To Each Man, Responsibility
shams said:
I suspect they have another 500k Wiis in storage for the final Xmas rush - plus a heap more DSs.

I say yes - I'd expect to hit 3m, and possibly even 4(!) before the end of the year (1m Wii, 3m DS).

Are you speculating 500k in addition to normal supply or including?

I'd say that it will get awful close. It all depends on how many Wiis are let loose on the public during the final week before christmas. I figure the Wii can probably sell 1m during the last week if stock holds, and the DS can certainly do 2m.

Just kiss the tip.

Around the Network
Sqrl said:
FishyJoe said:
Don't forget what Reggie said. The week before Christmas will have the biggest week ever for the Wii.

link please?

In the context of the record 350k Wii sales during Black Friday's week:

Fils-Aime predicted a new sales record the week before Christmas, despite being "very concerned" about the U.S. economy and the rising price of gasoline.

Source: http://kotaku.com/gaming/black-friday/nintendo-350k-wii-sold-last-week-record-ds-sales-327167.php

BTW, this quote clearly puts the "no stockpiling" theories to rest.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Wait so is he saying 600k+ in the US alone? If that actually happens it deserves a "WOW"...

Sqrl said:
Wait so is he saying 600k+ in the US alone? If that actually happens it deserves a "WOW"...

What? He said beating the 350k record in USA.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

FishyJoe said:
New Japan data is up. 1.4m DS + 625k Wii is an incredible number. Could we see 3m for the week before Christmas?

John-Warrior needs Nintendo stock badly.

John Lucas 

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!

NJ5 said:
Sqrl said:

What? He said beating the 350k record in USA.

350k was not a record for the Wii. It was a record for Black Friday week.

600k is the record for Wii sales in a week.