By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Nintendo hardware sales more than 2 million this week

New Japan data is up. 1.4m DS + 625k Wii is an incredible number. Could we see 3m for the week before Christmas?

Around the Network

depends on increase^^ maybe, maybe not

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Considering Nintendo doesn't seem to have any Wii's in storage, I'd say no. 2.5m maybe on the back of the DS.

thats a crazy number---nuts

Don't forget what Reggie said. The week before Christmas will have the biggest week ever for the Wii.

Around the Network

Doubtful, since it will entirely depend on the DS due to supply constraint.

I am a PC gamer, and also have a NDS now, but without access to a Nintendo Wii until End of 2007.

Currently playing: Super Smash Brothers Brawl(Wii), Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer(DS), Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime (DS), WiiFit(Wii)

Games Recently Beaten: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King (Normal; Very Hard after the next DLCs become available)

1 word: RTFA

Gamerace said:
Considering Nintendo doesn't seem to have any Wii's in storage, I'd say no. 2.5m maybe on the back of the DS.

At the current rate the Wii will sell around 2.4 million in December out of a 1.8 million they could produce. seems like a bit of a stockpile to me so far. I know some of it could be clearing out the retail channel in Europe, but I find it unlikely they had that many sitting around. I am going to have to go with no though. I just don't see both systems spiking a half million going into the holidays.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

ya pssibly as lon as they have enough wii's in stock. But it probally can with the great sucess of the DS

If the Wii continues to sell 625k per week for the next 3 weeks, it will have sold 18 million LTD. As FishyJoe said, Reggie said supply will be bigger before Christmas, so 18.5 million is very feasible too.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Will Wii dominate 2008 in Japan like most of 2007?

Edit: I mean, with the new "comeback" numbers in mind.