By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - VGC Pokemon Black/White Thread

arcane_chaos said:
lestatdark said:
arcane_chaos said:
lestatdark said:
arcane_chaos said:

I beat the game the other day, fantastic way to end the game, now traveling the east side of Unova, though it's a little challenging since every trainers pokemon went to the 60's(my team is currently in their 50's with the exception of my Emboar)

surprisingly my team if fairing well even though they about 6-10 lower than their foes, I think that pokerus is giving them the edge, going to bring my ditto over, make some eggs and send them over to my pokemon black!

I'm currently hatching four eggs, since I sent my SoulSilver Ditto to White. 

Two of them are to give Egg moves to Hydreigon (Dark Pulse) and Salamence (Dragon Pulse), one is to create a Beldum from scratch (since I only had the level 31 on from SoulSilver that Steve gives as a trade) and the other is to create Phione.

Thankfully, Larvesta's Flame Body makes things a lot faster.

Edit - Also, kudos to Game Freak for finally creating a pretty amazing egg hatching area, the Skyarrow Bridge XD.

yeah I brought 3 slugma's with flame body over, eggs hatced hella fast, also eggs comes quick I got three tegpig eggs in like 5 minutes. I don't like the transfer system/game.(maybe it's because I suck ass! lol)

also found out my Zeckrom has a docile nature....awww man....(though it dose have a SP. ATK. characteristic)

Does the Flame Body effect stack with several pokemon? I thought it would only work once. I'm actually quite fond of the Poke Transfer, to me it's relatively simple. You just aim at the heads poking outside the bushes, they'll jump out and then just catch them while they slowly jump from bush to bush.

You're having a Sp.Atk increase with a Docile nature? 

I had a bit of bad luck (and some distraction) when I breed my Gible. Even though it has Outrage from the get go, it also has a Timid nature (Speed Up, Attack down) and it's a male, so I can't breed it for another Outrage Gible with a better nature. That's why I'm trying to get as many Attack EV's as possible in him

well pokemon have both a nature and a characteristic, the nature is where you gain more on one stat but lose less on another(unless you have a docile,hardy,serious,bashful, or quirky nature)

characteristics on the other hand also increase the stat that it's meant for but without the hinderance of another stat.(my Zekrom has a thoroughly cunning charateristic with increases it's sp.atk)

also I'm not sure if the flame body ability stacks up, but i manage to hatch 8 eggs in less than an hour(if that's saying something)

I didn't knew that about characteristic. Do you mean the highest IV values? If so my Zekrom has the Sturdy Body which means that the highest IV value is located on Defense. 

But if i'm correct, that doesn't mean that you actually have high IV's on that stat, it only means that every other IV can't top that one. So even if I have, let's say 10 IV's on defense on Zekrom, everything else is below that, and that means low IV's all around. 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

Maxed out the EV's of my team, except for Zweilous, which still has room for some more Speed EV's. Fearow here I come  

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
arcane_chaos said:
lestatdark said:
arcane_chaos said:
lestatdark said:
arcane_chaos said:

I beat the game the other day, fantastic way to end the game, now traveling the east side of Unova, though it's a little challenging since every trainers pokemon went to the 60's(my team is currently in their 50's with the exception of my Emboar)

surprisingly my team if fairing well even though they about 6-10 lower than their foes, I think that pokerus is giving them the edge, going to bring my ditto over, make some eggs and send them over to my pokemon black!

I'm currently hatching four eggs, since I sent my SoulSilver Ditto to White. 

Two of them are to give Egg moves to Hydreigon (Dark Pulse) and Salamence (Dragon Pulse), one is to create a Beldum from scratch (since I only had the level 31 on from SoulSilver that Steve gives as a trade) and the other is to create Phione.

Thankfully, Larvesta's Flame Body makes things a lot faster.

Edit - Also, kudos to Game Freak for finally creating a pretty amazing egg hatching area, the Skyarrow Bridge XD.

yeah I brought 3 slugma's with flame body over, eggs hatced hella fast, also eggs comes quick I got three tegpig eggs in like 5 minutes. I don't like the transfer system/game.(maybe it's because I suck ass! lol)

also found out my Zeckrom has a docile nature....awww man....(though it dose have a SP. ATK. characteristic)

Does the Flame Body effect stack with several pokemon? I thought it would only work once. I'm actually quite fond of the Poke Transfer, to me it's relatively simple. You just aim at the heads poking outside the bushes, they'll jump out and then just catch them while they slowly jump from bush to bush.

I had a bit of bad luck (and some distraction) when I breed my Gible. Even though it has Outrage from the get go, it also has a Timid nature (Speed Up, Attack down) and it's a male, so I can't breed it for another Outrage Gible with a better nature. That's why I'm trying to get as many Attack EV's as possible in him

well pokemon have both a nature and a characteristic, the nature is where you gain more on one stat but lose less on another(unless you have a docile,hardy,serious,bashful, or quirky nature)

characteristics on the other hand also increase the stat that it's meant for but without the hinderance of another stat.(my Zekrom has a thoroughly cunning charateristic with increases it's sp.atk)

also I'm not sure if the flame body ability stacks up, but i manage to hatch 8 eggs in less than an hour(if that's saying something)

I didn't knew that about characteristic. Do you mean the highest IV values? If so my Zekrom has the Sturdy Body which means that the highest IV value is located on Defense. 

But if i'm correct, that doesn't mean that you actually have high IV's on that stat, it only means that every other IV can't top that one. So even if I have, let's say 10 IV's on defense on Zekrom, everything else is below that, and that means low IV's all around. 

yeah, that's what i was trying to get across.

on another note I just realized that you only get 8 boxes the game, that't kinda low compared to the previous games

arcane_chaos said:
lestatdark said:
arcane_chaos said:
lestatdark said:

on another note I just realized that you only get 8 boxes the game, that't kinda low compared to the previous games

You get 8 more once you fill those 8. I've got 16 boxes now, because I brought some pokemon from Soul Silver over. 

Current PC Build

lestatdark said:
arcane_chaos said:
lestatdark said:
arcane_chaos said:
lestatdark said:

You get 8 more once you fill those 8. I've got 16 boxes now, because I brought some pokemon from Soul Silver over. 

oh that's good to hear, i've bringing over many pokemon over from HG/D&P&P/ only to notice i'm already on my 7th box.

also since you seem so wise in the way of pokemon(lol) you know any good EV training spot is B&W?

Around the Network
lestatdark said:

Finally, after 50 tediously slow levels, Deino evolved into Zweilous. Just 14 more to go till Hydreigon >_<.

Whomever thought that it was a good idea to put such high levels to evolve pokemon should be fired from Game Freak D:

And yet, in the battle with Ghetsis...

Absolutely terrible to kill, took me so DAMN LONG and it killed SO MANY of my team...even Reshirom >.<

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Conegamer said:
lestatdark said:

Finally, after 50 tediously slow levels, Deino evolved into Zweilous. Just 14 more to go till Hydreigon >_<.

Whomever thought that it was a good idea to put such high levels to evolve pokemon should be fired from Game Freak D:

Absolutely terrible to kill, took me so DAMN LONG and it killed SO MANY of my team...even Reshirom >.<

OMG this!!! that guy nearly knocked out my enite team(it took out Zekrom,Haxorus,Emboar,andUnfeazent) thank the heavens I got a critical hit with my Zebstika's wild charge while holding and electric gem!!!

arcane_chaos said:
lestatdark said:
arcane_chaos said:
lestatdark said:
arcane_chaos said:
lestatdark said:

oh that's good to hear, i've bringing over many pokemon over from HG/D&P&P/ only to notice i'm already on my 7th box.

also since you seem so wise in the way of pokemon(lol) you know any good EV training spot is B&W?

it depends on what you want to train. Route 15 is good for exp and EV training (Speed), Route 17 is good for Sp. Def EV training (Frillish gives 1 EV in Sp. Def). 

Your best bet though, is to go into the battle subway and win some good amount of BP and buy each of the stats Bracers in there. They all work like Macho Bracer, but instead of doubling the amount of EV's that you earn in each battle, you'll gain 4 EV's for the stat the Bracer refers to.

For example, Power Lens gives you 4 EV's on Special Attack plus the EV's for the pokemon that you defeat. Imagine that you fight Maractus on the Desert Resort area; winning against one with the Power Lens gives you 4 EV's plus the 2 that Maractus gives, for a total of 6 EV's on Special Attack.

As a reminder, Pokerus doubles the amount of EV's that you learn as well.

Current PC Build

Conegamer said:
lestatdark said:

That's the reason why I EV trained him on speed and special attack

Current PC Build

arcane_chaos said:
Conegamer said:
lestatdark said:

OMG this!!! that guy nearly knocked out my enite team(it took out Zekrom,Haxorus,Emboar,andUnfeazent) thank the heavens I got a critical hit with my Zebstika's wild charge while holding and electric gem!!!

Indeed O.o

He took out my Excadrill, Emboar, Zebstrika, Corricosta and Reshirom, just a good job his health was worn down and he didn't use a full restore...

I swear, he has a move which is super effective against EVERYTHING

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.