By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - VGC Pokemon Black/White Thread

alright got the other two fighting trio (terrakion and virizion)

virizion was a real pain to catch, training for the elite four now

Around the Network
zgamer5 said:
lestatdark said:
zgamer5 said:
lestatdark said:

Well finally caught Reshiram on Black and finished the main game. 

After the credits, i'll send him over to White and be done with Black for a long, long while. White'll get all the love from now on, to make my ultimate dragon team

it will never be complete without rayquaza.

edit: you caught him :(

will be getting the game tomorow if it is in my country.

meanwhile im 42 hours in soul silver and i didnt yet beat the elite four. this year is going to busy im gonna play platinum finish soul silver, then play white.

What's your team on Soul Silver? The Elite Four isn't that hard on SS and HG, I managed to beat them while being 5-7 levels below Lance's team.

after 8th badge i had a victreebel(level 26) nidoqueen(level 28) typhlosion(level 46) pidgeoto(level 35) poliwhirl(level and ampharos(level 37).

then i replaced victreebel and nidoqueen with my extreme speed dratini and lugia. then i went to the indigo plateau. after that i tried to catch a larvitar, and i tried to find a water stoe to evolve poliwhirl. i tried to catch larvitar but i failed its very hard. then i found out that laprace is in the safari and that it learns ice beam so i caught it at level 16 and started training it.

then i got up my dratini and laprace to level 28 my lugia and typlhosion to level 49, my ampharos to level 47 and my pidgeot to level 43. then while searching for aerial ace in mount moon i got the pre evolution of hitmonlee/hitmontop/hitmonchan and replaced pidgeot with it.

so now i have typhlosion level 51 dragonair level 34 laprace level 31 hitmonlee level 32 lugia level 49 and ampharos level 47.

i can beat the elite four but i want to train my pokemon. also my dragonair knows draco meteor :)

That's a nice team, but (as a personal opinion only), I wouldn't recommend Draco Meteor for Dragonair/Dragonite. It's Sp. Atk stat doesn't quite take advantage of it, and since most of the dragon types in pre-Gen V games were Dragon/Flying, moves like Ice Punch or Ice Beam would do wonders on Dragonite.

My SS Dragonite, at level 68, with Thunder Punch, Ice Punch, Outrage and Fly could easily take almost all of Lance's second team.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
zgamer5 said:
lestatdark said:
zgamer5 said:
lestatdark said:

After the credits, i'll send him over to White and be done with Black for a long, long while. White'll get all the love from now on, to make my ultimate dragon team

meanwhile im 42 hours in soul silver and i didnt yet beat the elite four. this year is going to busy im gonna play platinum finish soul silver, then play white.

What's your team on Soul Silver? The Elite Four isn't that hard on SS and HG, I managed to beat them while being 5-7 levels below Lance's team.

after 8th badge i had a victreebel(level 26) nidoqueen(level 28) typhlosion(level 46) pidgeoto(level 35) poliwhirl(level and ampharos(level 37).

then i replaced victreebel and nidoqueen with my extreme speed dratini and lugia. then i went to the indigo plateau. after that i tried to catch a larvitar, and i tried to find a water stoe to evolve poliwhirl. i tried to catch larvitar but i failed its very hard. then i found out that laprace is in the safari and that it learns ice beam so i caught it at level 16 and started training it.

then i got up my dratini and laprace to level 28 my lugia and typlhosion to level 49, my ampharos to level 47 and my pidgeot to level 43. then while searching for aerial ace in mount moon i got the pre evolution of hitmonlee/hitmontop/hitmonchan and replaced pidgeot with it.

so now i have typhlosion level 51 dragonair level 34 laprace level 31 hitmonlee level 32 lugia level 49 and ampharos level 47.

i can beat the elite four but i want to train my pokemon. also my dragonair knows draco meteor :)

That's a nice team, but (as a personal opinion only), I wouldn't recommend Draco Meteor for Dragonair/Dragonite. It's Sp. Atk stat doesn't quite take advantage of it, and since most of the dragon types in pre-Gen V games were Dragon/Flying, moves like Ice Punch or Ice Beam would do wonders on Dragonite.

My SS Dragonite, at level 68, with Thunder Punch, Ice Punch, Outrage and Fly could easily take almost all of Lance's second team.

my dragonair knows thunder, hyperbeam, dragon pulse, and draco meteor. wait dragonite can learn ice punch? is that threw a tm?

and did you beat red in the game?

i gave it draco meteor so it could one hit lances team.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

zgamer5 said:
lestatdark said:
zgamer5 said:
lestatdark said:
zgamer5 said:
lestatdark said:

my dragonair knows thunder, hyperbeam, dragon pulse, and draco meteor. wait dragonite can learn ice punch? is that threw a tm?

Ice Punch is learned from the Move Tutor in the Battle Frontier in HG/SS.

My apologies, but my Garchomp is actually on SS that had the stat increase of 12 for Attack. My Garchom has the Brave nature (Attack , Speed -) and the personality is "highly curious." It's stats at Lv76 are:

HP: 273
Attack: 254
Defense: 172
Sp. Atk.: 149
Sp. Def.: 173
Speed: 207

Attacks:
Crunch
Dragon Rush
Earthquake
Stone Edge

I hatched this bugger from an Egg

My Dragonite that I leveled up on SS as well is Lv79, with the Adament nature (Attack , Sp. Atk. -) and has the "loves to eat" personality. Stats are:

HP: 244
Attack: 249
Defense: 180
Sp. Atk.: 141
Sp. Def.: 178
Speed: 164

Attacks:
ThunderPunch
Aerial Ace
Outrage
Ice Punch

I hatched this one from an egg, too. This one didn't have ExtremeSpeed (the one that does is still a Dratini right now lol).

zgamer5 said:
lestatdark said:
zgamer5 said:
lestatdark said:
zgamer5 said:
lestatdark said:

Yeah, with a level 72 team. Red isn't that hard, given that the only real threats are Snorlax and Lapras, given their endurance, but with a good strategy you can overcome them.

On HG I had an even better team for Red than I had in SS. Rhyperior took care of Snorlax, Pikachu, Blastoise and Lapras; my Lapras took care of Venusaur and Charizard (I hd my Lapras and Rhyperior EV trained for Speed and Sp.Def, both had over 200 in each stat). 

Thunder Punch, Ice Punch and many other great moves can be taught by the move tutor in the area prior to the Battle Frontier. I enhanced most of my team there. 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
Naraku_Diabolos said:

My apologies, but my Garchomp is actually on SS that had the stat increase of 12 for Attack. My Garchom has the Brave nature (Attack , Speed -) and the personality is "highly curious." It's stats at Lv76 are:

Attacks:
Crunch
Dragon Rush
Earthquake
Stone Edge

My Dragonite that I leveled up on SS as well is Lv79, with the Adament nature (Attack , Sp. Atk. -) and has the "loves to eat" personality. Stats are:

Attacks:
ThunderPunch
Aerial Ace
Outrage
Ice Punch

I hatched this one from an egg, too. This one didn't have ExtremeSpeed (the one that does is still a Dratini right now lol).

ahhh so far away.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

Naraku_Diabolos said:
zgamer5 said:
lestatdark said:
zgamer5 said:
lestatdark said:
zgamer5 said:
lestatdark said:

Attacks:
Crunch
Dragon Rush
Earthquake
Stone Edge

Attacks:
ThunderPunch
Aerial Ace
Outrage
Ice Punch

Those are some pretty good stats, though something strikes me as odd.

My SS Garchomp, at level 68 has the following stats:

HP - 243
Attack - 231
Defense - 170
Sp.Atk - 136
Sp.Def - 141
Speed - 144

While your Garchomp is much faster than mine, their attacks are kinda similar, even with 8 levels difference. And I've never earned more than 8 attack per level with him. His nature is Relaxed (Defense up, Speed down)

And my Level 79 Dragonite has somewhat equal or better stats than yours, but that's because I maxed his EV's (kinda funny how we have a Dragonite at the same level )

HP - 262
Attack - 249
Sp. Atk - 183
Sp. Def - 192
Speed - 170

His nature is Docile (No stats effect).

Current PC Build

lestatdark said:
killeryoshis said:

I just beat the elite four and now trying to complete my pokedex. (I got to get  SS later) anyway why do people on trade network want such  high prices for some pokemon?

Haven't checked the Entralink yet, given that I have both games, but what kind of trades are people offering? I've seen some ridiculous ones in the past on Platinum or SS, like they'll give a Stunky if you trade them for a Celebi or Deoxys.

They want legendaries for small pokemon like tepig (which I want -_-) Some aren't ripoffs though 

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Training a Deino from Level 1 to Level 50 is insane. Had he good base stats, like Rufflet or Larvesta, that wouldn't be an issue, but having to put the Dark/Dragon equivalent of Poliwag against much more powerful pokemon like Zebstrika becomes quite the hassle after a while.

Current PC Build

lestatdark said:
arcane_chaos said:

I beat the game the other day, fantastic way to end the game, now traveling the east side of Unova, though it's a little challenging since every trainers pokemon went to the 60's(my team is currently in their 50's with the exception of my Emboar)

surprisingly my team if fairing well even though they about 6-10 lower than their foes, I think that pokerus is giving them the edge, going to bring my ditto over, make some eggs and send them over to my pokemon black!

I'm currently hatching four eggs, since I sent my SoulSilver Ditto to White. 

Two of them are to give Egg moves to Hydreigon (Dark Pulse) and Salamence (Dragon Pulse), one is to create a Beldum from scratch (since I only had the level 31 on from SoulSilver that Steve gives as a trade) and the other is to create Phione.

Thankfully, Larvesta's Flame Body makes things a lot faster.

Edit - Also, kudos to Game Freak for finally creating a pretty amazing egg hatching area, the Skyarrow Bridge XD.

yeah I brought 3 slugma's with flame body over, eggs hatced hella fast, also eggs comes quick I got three tegpig eggs in like 5 minutes. I don't like the transfer system/game.(maybe it's because I suck ass! lol)

also found out my Zeckrom has a docile nature....awww man....(though it dose have a SP. ATK. characteristic)