By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - VGC Pokemon Black/White Thread

DrZoidberg said:
Conegamer said:

Just captured Cobalion, nice.

Is Axew a good pokemon to use then?

its final form will have a ton of attacking power, although its primarily a physical attacking dragon because of its low speacial attack

Hmm...may keep my Excadrill in there istead then

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
Conegamer said:

Just captured Cobalion, nice.

Is Axew a good pokemon to use then?

Haxorus is probably one of the best attacking sweepers in the game. I used Shadow Claw, Rock Slide, Dragon Dance and Dual Chop as my moveset and he destroyed both the Ice Gym and the Dragon gym (while still being Fraxure).

He doesn't have much defense and HP though, so you have to strategize the use of Dragon Dance. Nothing that a couple of X Defend can't handle.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

zgamer5 said:
lestatdark said:

Well finally caught Reshiram on Black and finished the main game. 

After the credits, i'll send him over to White and be done with Black for a long, long while. White'll get all the love from now on, to make my ultimate dragon team

it will never be complete without rayquaza.

edit: you caught him :(

will be getting the game tomorow if it is in my country.

meanwhile im 42 hours in soul silver and i didnt yet beat the elite four. this year is going to busy im gonna play platinum finish soul silver, then play white.

What's your team on Soul Silver? The Elite Four isn't that hard on SS and HG, I managed to beat them while being 5-7 levels below Lance's team.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Okay, I gained Pokemon White yesterday have just defeated the Castelia Gym leader Burgh, I chose Snivy. I have also struggled with trying to gain Victini via Wi-Fi. My Nintendo USB Connector has not worked and my DS cannot connect to my Wirless Router due to its security settings.

Rainbow Yoshi said:

Okay, I gained Pokemon White yesterday have just defeated the Castelia Gym leader Burgh, I chose Snivy. I have also struggled with trying to gain Victini via Wi-Fi. My Nintendo USB Connector has not worked and my DS cannot connect to my Wirless Router due to its security settings.

Can't you access your Router's web homepage and change the security settings? My current router originally had a WPA-2 key, but I changed it to a 128bit WEP key.

Current PC Build

Around the Network
lestatdark said:
Rainbow Yoshi said:

Can't you access your Router's web homepage and change the security settings? My current router originally had a WPA-2 key, but I changed it to a 128bit WEP key.

But how do you change it to WEP?

I just beat the elite four and now trying to complete my pokedex. (I got to get  SS later) anyway why do people on trade network want such  high prices for some pokemon?

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

killeryoshis said:

I just beat the elite four and now trying to complete my pokedex. (I got to get  SS later) anyway why do people on trade network want such  high prices for some pokemon?

Haven't checked the Entralink yet, given that I have both games, but what kind of trades are people offering? I've seen some ridiculous ones in the past on Platinum or SS, like they'll give a Stunky if you trade them for a Celebi or Deoxys.

Current PC Build

Rainbow Yoshi said:
lestatdark said:
Rainbow Yoshi said:

But how do you change it to WEP?

There must be an option in the homepage called Router Security or Wireless Security. There should also be a tab with the type of security and you can change that tab to WEP. You'll have to create a new password though, so make sure you make it long (a 26 character WEP key = 128 bit encryption).

Current PC Build

lestatdark said:
zgamer5 said:
lestatdark said:

Well finally caught Reshiram on Black and finished the main game. 

After the credits, i'll send him over to White and be done with Black for a long, long while. White'll get all the love from now on, to make my ultimate dragon team

it will never be complete without rayquaza.

edit: you caught him :(

will be getting the game tomorow if it is in my country.

meanwhile im 42 hours in soul silver and i didnt yet beat the elite four. this year is going to busy im gonna play platinum finish soul silver, then play white.

What's your team on Soul Silver? The Elite Four isn't that hard on SS and HG, I managed to beat them while being 5-7 levels below Lance's team.

after 8th badge i had a victreebel(level 26) nidoqueen(level 28) typhlosion(level 46) pidgeoto(level 35) poliwhirl(level and ampharos(level 37).

then i replaced victreebel and nidoqueen with my extreme speed dratini and lugia. then i went to the indigo plateau. after that i tried to catch a larvitar, and i tried to find a water stoe to evolve poliwhirl. i tried to catch larvitar but i failed its very hard. then i found out that laprace is in the safari and that it learns ice beam so i caught it at level 16 and started training it.

then i got up my dratini and laprace to level 28 my lugia and typlhosion to level 49, my ampharos to level 47 and my pidgeot to level 43. then while searching for aerial ace in mount moon i got the pre evolution of hitmonlee/hitmontop/hitmonchan and replaced pidgeot with it.

so now i have typhlosion level 51 dragonair level 34 laprace level 31 hitmonlee level 32 lugia level 49 and ampharos level 47.

i can beat the elite four but i want to train my pokemon. also my dragonair knows draco meteor :)

Being in 3rd place never felt so good