By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Resident Evil 5 for Wii Petition.

RolStoppable said:
twesterm said:
RolStoppable said:
endurance said:
i dont think RE5 will come but i think this and the sales of the RE titles on wii might motivate capcom to make a real RE game on wii.
maybe RE4 part 2

Sounds good. The game will probably only feature women as playable characters, a story you better ignore completely and pretty funky music.

Ugh, completely off topic but the music in RE4 is one thing that pissed me off. It wasn't that the music was bad (to me at least), it's that it completely killed the mood-- or I suppose the proper way to say it would be that the lack of music completely killed the mood. So the people that have never played the game can get caught, the music in the game pretty much went like this: when there are enemies present the music plays, when there are no enemies present or you killed them all, there is no music. The reason that bothered me is because RE4 is supposed to be a tense game that should make the player feel nervous but the music killed that completely. I would just get finished with killing a horde of baddies and then suddenly the music would stop. I knew I was safe and that I was free to run about the area to collect everything I missed. I know that the game shouldn't be only tense with no cool down, but it just seems they shouldn't so blatantly tell you hey, you're done with this area so now go back and search around for ammo and whatever you might have missed because there's no more danger here! Hopefully that is fixed with RE5. /rant

I have read your rant about the music in RE4 before and I agree with you. The game gave you the feel of being safe, there was only one exception, the second to last room in chapter 3-1. The music didn't stop in this room until you left it, thus making it probably the scariest room of the whole game.

I hope you got my reference to FFX-2 in the previous post and were not just responding because you had read "funky music".

I actually refuse to play X-2-- I've never gotten past the opening sequence. >_>

Around the Network

I don't want RE5 on the Wii. I don't want a port put out that's a dumbed-down version of what's on the 360 and PS3. I have far too many concerns that something would be wrong with it. While I really don't care about graphics, I do care greatly about frame rate, and as this game has been in production for a long time, I think that a port to the Wii would happen too quickly and there could be too many negative consequences.

I would love to see a similar game on the Wii though, maybe one that focused on Leon again during the events of RE5. Heck, they could even call it RE5, but then throw a subtitle under it. I'd sign a petition for that.

Pity so few people have faith in Capcom's abilities.

Girl Gamer Elite said:
Fair enough, I've said my piece, obviously my opinion can't be the law of the universe, but I will speak it none the less regardless how it affects my already waining popularity.

Don't judge a person by his answers but by his Questions - Voltaire

And I wanted to say something else but then I get banned. 

Girl Gamer Elite said:

It's not so much lack of faith in their abilities, I'm sure with enough time and money it could be done with most of the game play in tact, but with the kind of time, money, and manpower investments it would take it would make much more sense just to make a new game. Let's say we live in a perfect world where they managed to get the game to run on the Wii with only scaled down models, textures, lighting, and effects and the gameplay mostly intact. The result would be a game with better controls that is noticeably worse looking for the same budget as a new game. Even with the better controls, the game wouldn't compare visually to the 360 and PS3 (and I know, graphics don't matteR) and the game would always be compared to the 360 and PS3 versions. It would get docked major points in graphics and it would be game with a worse score. I know we all say reviews don't matter, but people see 360: 9.4, PS3: 9.2, and Wii: 8.5 and they will notice. So what did Capcom get for all that? A game with the budget of an original game that has lower review scores and will not sell as well despite the larger fanbase. Now knowing that, wouldn't it make more sense to make an original game that can't be compared to the other versions so we can have Resident Evil 5 with review scores of 360: 9.4, PS3: 9.2 and Resident Evil 6 with a review score of Wii: 9.3 all for the same price? That way, you get all good games (assuming we're living in an ideal world) and RE fans will even then buy two games instead of one.

Around the Network
twesterm said:
Girl Gamer Elite said:

It's not so much lack of faith in their abilities, I'm sure with enough time and money it could be done with most of the game play in tact, but with the kind of time, money, and manpower investments it would take it would make much more sense just to make a new game. Let's say we live in a perfect world where they managed to get the game to run on the Wii with only scaled down models, textures, lighting, and effects and the gameplay mostly intact. The result would be a game with better controls that is noticeably worse looking for the same budget as a new game. Even with the better controls, the game wouldn't compare visually to the 360 and PS3 (and I know, graphics don't matteR) and the game would always be compared to the 360 and PS3 versions. It would get docked major points in graphics and it would be game with a worse score. I know we all say reviews don't matter, but people see 360: 9.4, PS3: 9.2, and Wii: 8.5 and they will notice. So what did Capcom get for all that? A game with the budget of an original game that has lower review scores and will not sell as well despite the larger fanbase. Now knowing that, wouldn't it make more sense to make an original game that can't be compared to the other versions so we can have Resident Evil 5 with review scores of 360: 9.4, PS3: 9.2 and Resident Evil 6 with a review score of Wii: 9.3 all for the same price? That way, you get all good games (assuming we're living in an ideal world) and RE fans will even then buy two games instead of one.
well said twestern

Ah, we'd wait for Capcom to make a worthwhile version of RE5 for the Wii though Twestern. Money is not an issue considering how much the Wii is making them.

If it won't happen then you have nothing to worry about, otherwise, your words only hint at the fear it very well could.

P.S. Ah, Ari-Gold, I knew there was another 360 fanboy aside from Legend11. :)

Girl Gamer Elite said:

Ah, we'd wait for Capcom to make a worthwhile version of RE5 for the Wii though Twestern. Money is not an issue considering how much the Wii is making them.

If it won't happen then you have nothing to worry about, otherwise, your words only hint at the fear it very well could.

P.S. Ah, Ari-Gold, I knew there was another 360 fanboy aside from Legend11. :)

Hmm, since you don't like rational explanations then howsabout this: if RE5 is so easy to bring to the Wii and so profitable, why aren't more games Wii/360/PS3? Why haven't we seen a COD4 Wii? Mass Effect Wii? Uncharted Wii? Devil May Cry 5 Wii? FFXIII Wii? Or any other on the list of highly profitable games ported to the Wii?

Again I agree with Twestern he only should search for other examples (or some of them) ;).

I honestly just wrote down the first big games that came to my head, it's not worth the effort to go much further than that. :-p