By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gran Turismo 5 CRITIC REVIEWS & Metacritic Watch Thread!

They should make GT with car battles and of course FPS mode. How dare they miss out a zombie mode as well

Around the Network
Aldro said:

Gamereactors review says =

Efter 30 speltimmar

Which means

After 30 hours of gameplay yada yada yada

=

7/10

Isn't 30 kinda' little for a game with this much ..content? Ive played for about 30 myself but thats not ONLY the singleplayer I guess. Only A-Spec lvl 10 lol.

30 hours is way too short a time to judge a game like this. You wouldn't stop playing Baldur's Gate II after 15-20 hours either and write a review.

Helvetes spillanmeldere! Skjerp dere!

Gamernode

10/10

"In six years, there have been Forza MotorSport racing games, Need for Speed racing games, and other racing franchises that have tried to take the title from Gran Turismo. With one iteration, Gran Turismo 5 reminds us why it's the champion. The racing is tight and well-controlled, the visuals make you think you're playing real life, and the vast amount of cars, tracks, modes, and customizations make Gran Turismo 5 seem more like a racing MMO than just a simulator. Racing fans, your opus is here. Enjoy it."

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Great analisys in Meristation(Spain) 9.5/10

http://www.meristation.com/v3/des_analisis.php?pic=GEN&id=cw4cf158819b41f&idj=cw42893da71ff42

Every so often, go on sale games that are key in this industry. Titles that mark the future of the leisure life of a console, or even one generation of them. Sometimes even displayed titles that cross borders and compete with products of superior-PC platforms. Just do not reach the technical level can reach a compatible, but come to offer the same level playable and outweigh their gambling options. Titles at this level are counted and exceptions to the rule, and care products such as clubs that require more than a creative process "normal" driving force is required, a "motor" (pun intended) that has a goal set at the highest levels of demand itself. This engine is called Kazunori Yamauchi. If this is added an unbridled passion, almost sickly, to achieve those goals without a doubt will find an instrument set a new standard in the community. Never, I repeat, never-achieved perfect, but its powers will be reflected in every part of the game on every menu in every detail. This week we have witnessed the arrival of another of these as rare as necessary titles: Gran Turismo 5.

Traduced by google xD

Is it just me, or are many game sites taking their time with GT5 reviews ?

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Around the Network
Notorius.A.i.G said:

Oh you mean the review sites with common sense? :P Well atleast most of them.

IGN's review was just disappointing. The score I'm fine with. But I seriously doubt they played enough of the game to get the full scale of Gran Turismo

Notorius.A.i.G said:

yup

Gamespot,gametrailers,IGN AU,IGN UK,Thesixaxis,Dpad.

still a lot left.

Pyramid12 said:
Notorius.A.i.G said:

yup

Gamespot,gametrailers,IGN AU,IGN UK,Thesixaxis,Dpad.

still a lot left.

And they need to add the other scores. GT5 currently is under 30 reviews on Metacritic. And that's unusual for a game of this caliber.

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Gamespot

8/10

This accessible but realistic driving simulation is both sublime and subpar.

The Good

• Accessible and rewarding for newcomers and veterans alike  
  • Uncompromisingly realistic handling  
  • Loads of great cars to drive and varied courses to drive them on  
  • License tests are no longer mandatory  
  • Premium cars are incredibly detailed.

The Bad

• Quality of visuals is wildly inconsistent  
  • Outdated and impractical online lobby system  
  • Too easy to win early races simply by entering in a powerful car.

benao87 said:

Gamespot

8/10

This accessible but realistic driving simulation is both sublime and subpar.

The Good
  • Accessible and rewarding for newcomers and veterans alike  
  • Uncompromisingly realistic handling  
  • Loads of great cars to drive and varied courses to drive them on  
  • License tests are no longer mandatory  
  • Premium cars are incredibly detailed.
The Bad
  • Quality of visuals is wildly inconsistent  
  • Outdated and impractical online lobby system  
  • Too easy to win early races simply by entering in a powerful car.

Wait what? I love the lobby system :(
It's suppose to be fairly easy at the start though, even more if you have a powerful car. Progression...
Agree on visual inconsistency but I only play with Premium cars and so far, I havent really played on bad courses.

Should be a 9/10 from what im reading though, yet its an 8 .