By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Waiting for the Wii, jeebus!

Will Kwaad come back and say that these lines are normal for New York again? 

http://www.switched.com/2007/12/12/lines-grow-at-nintendo-world-for-wii/

Lines Grow at Nintendo World for Wii

Posted Dec 12th 2007 9:30AM by Tim Stevens

In a happening that can only be described as some sort of bizarro throwback to the holiday season last year, hundreds of shoppers in NYC have lined up outside of Nintendo's flagship Nintendo World store in Rockefeller Center. Over two hundred were queued as of last night, all hoping to score themselves one of the company's hot Wii consoles this morning.

If you haven't already bought your special someone (or yourself) a Wii for this holiday season, you have one of two options: get your lazy butt in line like the poor souls standing in the cold in NY, or go pay up on eBay like everybody else. We warned last month of this continued shortage, and back then eBay prices were around $350 -- about $100 over retail. Now Wii systems are fetching in the $400-$450 range, an amazing premium for a year-old system.

Around the Network

you know what...if there was a way to get all the nubers sold on ebay for teh big three i would like to see them

You know I was about to stay in line last Sunday at Best Buy to get a Wii, then I came to realize that I'm not that anixous to get one right now.

only minigames now, big show will come

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

yeah even at me a place where gaming isnt to popular wii keeps on selling out

Around the Network

boy im glad i already have one. I have had a friend looking for one, she finally got one at best buy on Sunday. I told her to go at like 4am, store opens at 10. She got there at about 4:30 and was 16th in line, they had 18 come in. Lucky.

Where is this demand coming from? Nintendo stopped advertising the Wii. This is just insanity.

spreading the word ( mouth too mouth ) is best ad there is

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Those lines are fake. The Wii is a fad. It doesn't sells anymore. You can find it anywhere now, you don't need to stay in lines anymore.

Wii demand is high here too. I've asked some importers and VG shops how was the demand and stock. High and none respectively.

No, this isn't true. I was there yesterday morning and the place was deserted. Here's pic:

I lie. The picture is from last month.