By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Prediction: GT5s metacritic will be only 79-84%

Barozi said:
DeviousDevil said:

My main concern is the 800 ..800!!! standard cars. You cant change wheels on them or do racing modifications on em. No cockpit view. I mean the standard cars are just making the game look bad. Couldnt they have made 50 more premium ones and just screwed the standard ones alltogether :(.

The environments are weak at some points, trees are not exactly wow, damage is a bit :(, sure its fancy but it doesnt feel realistic as you bounce around. Shadows are ..jaggy from what ive seen!

and 5 years in the making with constant delays.

i swear to god i really love gran turismo and the ps3, but im just scared over the reviews gt5 will get. wish they would delay it haha..

Could you explain that one a bit more, because it seems I haven't payed attention in the last few weeks regarding GT5 news. Also read some comments about this in that thread but I still couldn't figure out my questions.

What does standard car mean in this context ? Not tuneable at all or just some parts of it or are they tuneable but if you do you can't drive certain races anymore with that car ?

you cannot put custom (performance enhancing) rims on standard cars or get it "Racing Modified." no cockpit, no headlights no wheel changes those rain whipe things dont work.

why on earth would you even want to use standard cars after these limitations? its just pure awful... the no cockpit itself was bad enough!

i want more premium ones or atleast remove the standard ones. its embarassing lol

Around the Network

What are the odds on Edge giving it a 6/10?

Didn't we have a prediction compilation for this same thing, If I remember correctly I said 90-94 range with a precise number at 93. I stand by it, maybe reduce the exact number a little to 91.

yeah those standard cars really sound kind of redundant. Well unless maybe it's your own car that makes an appearance. Better than not having it in the game, but Polyphony should have at least put the same amount of effort in the visual department of these standard cars.

i'm definitely disappointed by the game, but it's still good.

i guess a 85 metacritic /- 2 seems plausible, imo

Around the Network

this is starting to scare me a little after seeing gameplay videos the graphics for the tracks look really dated, bland, and flat. what have PP been doing for the last 6 years? there is no way the game is going to deliver on the hype 

-Newcloud- said:

this is starting to scare me a little after seeing gameplay videos the graphics for the tracks look really dated, bland, and flat. what have PP been doing for the last 6 years? there is no way the game is going to deliver on the hype 

Hate to agree

Your fear could become true, the first official Review about GT5 apperard today on the Internet, and GT5 only get 14 of 20 Points. The Review comes from JeuxVideo its one of the biggest gaming Mags in France. GT5 realy might be the biggest folp of the year.  Here a link to the first GT5 Test:   http://www.jeuxvideo.com/articles/0001/00013884-gran-turismo-5-test.htm

DeviousDevil said:
-Newcloud- said:

Hate to agree

Yea same here, but if i dont get RDR and madden 11 on black friday, im still going to get GT5.

The ones more likely to voice their opinion on forums are the ones disappointed by it.

The people that are actually enjoying it arn't gonna be around as much for obvious reasons.

I've heard some bad things about it but i'm not sure who or what to believe yet. My biggest gripes so far:

- no option to disable the HUD. It's abit distracting.

- Camera options for standard cars. They're pretty bad, but the chase cam is the worst. It's locked onto the car giving it an awkward feeling. I'm gettin my copy tommorrow.

Anyways, I'm sticking to NeoGaf for impressions for now.

http://soundcloud.com/cathode

PSN: Parasitic_Link