By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - OUTCH ! GT5 first french review : 14/20 !!!!!

SleepWaking said:
darthdevidem01 said:
SleepWaking said:

Ok I love this thread, one of the highest in your country wow. Don't worry I leave you all to it now.

Yeah 880/900

Unfortunately Uni's just look at the average score over 4 sections though

You failed to enter medical school?? If so that sucks....

No I got in....but in the end my average was 710/900....so there was no way to tell them how high one of those scores was in comparison to everyone else, that high score could've helped at some point during admissions...but doesn't matter in the end.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
SleepWaking said:
darthdevidem01 said:
SleepWaking said:

Ok I love this thread, one of the highest in your country wow. Don't worry I leave you all to it now.

Yeah 880/900

Unfortunately Uni's just look at the average score over 4 sections though

You failed to enter medical school?? If so that sucks....

No I got in....but in the end my average was 710/900....so there was no way to tell them how high one of those scores was, that could've helped at some point during admissions...but doesn't matter in the end.

I see, I do know what you mean though. Thankfully lately it seems no matter what I do, or actually what I don't do, I always get high grades. Sometimes it even makes me believe it's all a joke....

14/20 for the graphs... oh France, how could we lol without you? ;D

Seriously tho, first review always gives a shitty score for a very hyped game. Just imagine the amount of clicks the site has had for giving it a 14/20.

Baalzamon said:

I'm not defending it, as I really don't care, but I'd really like to see how this same group rates other games.  To give it a 75% (15/20) for graphics is absolutely insane for this game.  Also, how, after a 15, 14, 17, and 15 out of 20, does it get a final rating of 14?

I also think these critics are being extremely picky about literally everything in this game just because the expectations were so high.  These same problems in a call of duty game (once again, I don't care, I'm not even getting the game) likely result in all 17's and 18's or higher with an overall rating of 18 or 19.

Being french and regularly reading JV.com, I've came to the conclusion that since 4-5 months,  everything Sony related on this website is guaranteed to receive a torpedo in the face.

Jeuxvideo.com is loosing the small quantity of credibility left to them.

I didn't expect GT5 to score noticeably better than Forza 3, but giving it 3 points less is simply unprofessional.

Pyramid12 said:

Uhhh you guys know that this VERY SAME SITE gave GT5P 15/20.........let me say that again 15/20......

So according to this site Prolog is better than the full game.....LULZ!

there are areas where gt5 seems to have made backward steps..

shadows for example which are extremely poor and often flickering and distract from racing.. gtp was definitely better in this aspect then the version of gt5 in my hands

just sayin'

Around the Network
Tuganuno said:

14/20 for the graphs... oh France, how could we lol without you? ;D

Seriously tho, first review always gives a shitty score for a very hyped game. Just imagine the amount of clicks the site has had for giving it a 14/20.

come on, this has nothing to do with france

also, early review tend to give .... GOOD SCORE, particularly the IGN-like site

Time to Work !

I've got it. And I give it 19/20. Superb game.

I play PC and PS3. The best of both worlds.

wyvers said:
Pyramid12 said:

Uhhh you guys know that this VERY SAME SITE gave GT5P 15/20.........let me say that again 15/20......

there are areas where gt5 seems to have made backward steps..

shadows for example which are extremely poor and often flickering and distract from racing.. gtp was definitely better in this aspect then the version of gt5 in my hands

just sayin'

do you put away 5 point for bad shadows ?

Time to Work !

darthdevidem01 said:
SleepWaking said:
CGI-Quality said:
Pyramid12 said:

Credibility is 3.....2.....1......gone!

Why??? Expectations have been raised since then, it might be a bad review I don't know I haven't played it yet, but this doesn't prove that.

I'll add the nail to this long due coffin called jeux.com's GT5 review:

JEUXVIDEO.COM reviews: 

*GT5 prologue 
Graphics 19/20 
Gameplay 16/20 
Durability 12/20 
Sound 15/20 
Overall 15/20 

*GT5 
Graphics 15/20 
Gameplay 14/20 
Durability 17/20 
Sound 15/20 
Overall 14/20 

IT MAKES NO SENSE THAT GT5 looses 4 points in graphics and 2 points in gameplay from prologue!!!

Different times, different standards. That's all there is to it.

Also, this thread rocks.

*adds jeuxvideo.com to list of bias and unreliable reviewers*

Them bastards. How dare they give their opinion on a game!

Sig thanks to Saber! :D