By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Marvel VS Capcom 3 Official VGC Thread

Cross-X said:
leatherhat said:

Ive posted this enough times on this site but people still wonder what the roster is- this is it, in full

I should probably note that this was leaked before some characters were officially announced, specifically zero and she hulk

Do you know that that list is fake? It's been known  to be fake for a long time across the internet from neogaf to Capcom unity.

Strider has been deconfirmed

Spider Woman is not a character from the Spider Man Franchise hence shouldn't have the Spider Man logo for Spider Woman.

She Hulk has her own series, her own logo. Why would they use the Hulk logo?

In fact if that is true, why hasn't all the character portraits been revealed on that roster instead of just names of the unrevealed characters?

o_O  NO STRIDER? WTF IS THIS *%&$? oh heeeeeeelllll Noooooo

damn good thing they have Dante and Deadpool, if not without strider this is leaning more towards a rental for me

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network
M.U.G.E.N said:
Cross-X said:
leatherhat said:

Ive posted this enough times on this site but people still wonder what the roster is- this is it, in full

I should probably note that this was leaked before some characters were officially announced, specifically zero and she hulk

Do you know that that list is fake? It's been known  to be fake for a long time across the internet from neogaf to Capcom unity.

Spider Woman is not a character from the Spider Man Franchise hence shouldn't have the Spider Man logo for Spider Woman.

In fact if that is true, why hasn't all the character portraits been revealed on that roster instead of just names of the unrevealed characters?

damn good thing they have Dante and Deadpool, if not without strider this is leaning more towards a rental for me

He is what Niitsuma said:

"In choosing the characters for the game, the concept was not that they'd make new versions of the MVC2 characters, but instead that they'd make selections from the action games Capcom has released in the 10 years since MVC2. The new characters were given priority. However, this approach on its own would have ended up with poor balance in terms of speed, power, gender and other areas, so they used the MVC2 characters to support the cast."

So basically characters like Strider, Captain Commando and Jin Saotome have been deconfirmed because of this pretty much. He said that although Strider is popular in the west, he did not include Strider because he did not fit in with the concept of Marvel VS Capcom 3, which is the concept above. Also because Capcom co owns Strider and not fully own him...

Cross-X said:

I know it's hard to believe that Capcom would take out Strider, a veteran and popular character from previous MvC games, but in case you still don't believe, here's where the deconfirmation comes from:

Guy sent in word about a Tweet Ryota Niitsuma posted not too long ago explaining that Strider Hiryu would not be a playable character in Marvel vs. Capcom 3.

Here's a translation.

Strider Hiryu is popular overseas as well, we took him out of Marvel vs. Capcom 3, because he didn't fit in with its concept.

http://www.eventhubs.com./news/2010/nov/30/strider-hiryu-disconfirmed-marvel-vs-capcom-3/

Cross-X said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Cross-X said:
leatherhat said:

He is what Niitsuma said:

"In choosing the characters for the game, the concept was not that they'd make new versions of the MVC2 characters, but instead that they'd make selections from the action games Capcom has released in the 10 years since MVC2. The new characters were given priority. However, this approach on its own would have ended up with poor balance in terms of speed, power, gender and other areas, so they used the MVC2 characters to support the cast."

So basically characters like Strider, Captain Commando and Jin Saotome have been deconfirmed because of this pretty much. He said that although Strider is popular in the west, he did not include Strider because he did not fit in with the concept of Marvel VS Capcom 3, which is the concept above. Also because Capcom co owns Strider and not fully own him...

It's starting to sound to me like DLC will follow later on with these other characters -_- not a fan of DLC fighters in a fighting game, but then again I might be wrong

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network

As we reported over a month ago, Capcom will have some presence at Japan's Jump Festa event, which kicks off on December 18th. Andriasang is now reporting that on top of having booth space for Marvel vs Capcom 3 (so that the public can test it out), Capcom will also be holding a stage show for the game. This tends to be where the developers like to make their new character and feature announcements.

Expect Character Reveal then people.

Who do you think will be revealed?

My thoughts are MegaMan, Mike Haggar and Frank West - Storm, Ms Marvel and Green Goblin/Venom

Are thier any new Amatarasu gameplay vids?

Simplified 3 button mapping??? I knew Tatsunoko vs. Capcom was an experimental product to greenlight MVC3 (atleast that's the only clue).

I gotta say, Capcom side looks like it's begging for their own villains to show up (officially). Some characters that I want to main are already revealed, likewise Marvel and Capcom side.

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!

2 new characters announced.

Storm and C. Viper

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/12/09/see-c-viper-and-storm-in-marvel-vs-capcom-3/

I see dissapointment on many faces around here, but bloody hell Storm is back!

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!