By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Atlus USA Announces Baroque for Wii (& PS2) + Trailer!

totalwar23 said:
You know, for once, I would like to see a developer or publisher announce a game for the Wii without "It's also coming for the PS2"

This is Atlus. They arn't known for pushing the limits of systems. They are however known for making good games. They focus on gameplay more then anything else.

Around the Network

Well, Atlus didn't really make this game anyway, they're just localizing and publishing it for North America.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

totalwar23 said:
ameratsu said:
totalwar23 said:
You know, for once, I would like to see a developer or publisher announce a game for the Wii without "It's also coming for the PS2"

The Wii is very popular right now and the PS2 is still doing very well considering it's age. Why would a developer choose to make it for only one of these sucessful platforms when it is potentially more profitable to have it for both?

Making certain games for both just makes sense. Furthermore, most gamers either have a PS2 or a Wii so you are really reaching a substantial market by making a game for both platforms.

yes, but their is a gap between what the Wii can do and what the PS2 can do. If developers are lumping both consoles together, then that means that all Wii games will continue to have PS2 quality. Yes it's all financially sound for publishers to do this but quality wise, it's not so great.

Because the PS2 had such crappy games?

DKII said:
totalwar23 said:
ameratsu said:
totalwar23 said:

The Wii is very popular right now and the PS2 is still doing very well considering it's age. Why would a developer choose to make it for only one of these sucessful platforms when it is potentially more profitable to have it for both?

Making certain games for both just makes sense. Furthermore, most gamers either have a PS2 or a Wii so you are really reaching a substantial market by making a game for both platforms.

yes, but their is a gap between what the Wii can do and what the PS2 can do. If developers are lumping both consoles together, then that means that all Wii games will continue to have PS2 quality. Yes it's all financially sound for publishers to do this but quality wise, it's not so great.

Because the PS2 had such crappy games?

I think this is a really good point.  Is it such a bad thing for some PS2 games to be on Wii?  Is anyone complaining about enhanced remakes of RE4 or Okami?  How about the sequel to Odin Sphere with identical graphics and art style (although hopefully minus the framerate issues)?  It's okay for some games to be cross platform as long as they are good games.  Don't judge a game as crap automatically before you ever played it just because it's also on the PS2.  

I may pick it up at some point but feb obviously belongs to smash, distantly followed (but still followed) by No More Heroes.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network

I might buy this game for my ps3.

mM

But it has crappy graphics... :O

naznatips said:

I think this is a really good point. Is it such a bad thing for some PS2 games to be on Wii? Is anyone complaining about enhanced remakes of RE4 or Okami? How about the sequel to Odin Sphere with identical graphics and art style (although hopefully minus the framerate issues)? It's okay for some games to be cross platform as long as they are good games. Don't judge a game as crap automatically before you ever played it just because it's also on the PS2.

I'll second this. I have no problem with good ports coming to Wii. I already have RE4 and Godfather, and I'll likely get Okami and Bully as well.

A good game is a good game. A good port simply has to implement good Wii controls, support 420p, and not screw anything up in translation. Extra content is a bonus, but not essential.

The games designed from the ground up for Wii will come, and there's plenty of fun to be had in the meantime.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

I actually held off on buying okami for ps2 because I had a feeling the game just HAD to come to wii at some point. I expected it a bit sooner though.

[2:08:58 am] Moongoddess256: being asian makes you naturally good at ddr
[2:09:22 am] gnizmo: its a weird genetic thing
[2:09:30 am] gnizmo: goes back to hunting giant crabs in feudal Japan

FreeTalkLive rocks! said:
The game looks like a good looking PS2 game but nothing amazing. The art style of the trailer is WOW but not the actual footage :(

Same here. I want some story/plot details too. Anyone?

PS Vita and PC gamer

CPU Intel i5 2500K at 4.5 Ghz / Gigabyte Z68 Mobo / 8 Gb Corsair Vengeance 1600 mhz / Sapphire HD 7970 Dual X Boost / Corsair Obsidian 550d