By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - My reviews of bad games (The bargain bin special)

When I say bad, I mean bad when it comes to the general industry consensus (metacritic), which also means that heaps of gamers are ignorant of how truly bad or good these 'bad' games are, mainly because they kept away from them. I'm here to help. 

WET (PS3. Also on 360): WET is a good game. I bought it for about $20 a while back and I felt very happy about my purchase. It's a game that combines a whole bunch of gameplay elements such as Third Person shooting, a bullet time mode, Prince of Persia like plat-forming and God of War like sword combat. It doesn't particularly excel at any of those things, but they all come across as extremely solid and the game plays very well overall. The art design is great, you really get that Tarantino vibe from all the characters and settings and Rubi is a great protagonist. WET has enough cool moments to keep you interested and if you can find it for $20 or below, it's a great buy or rent.

Timeshift (PS3. Also on 360): If your looking for an interesting FPS which changes things up pretty frequently, then Timeshift is the perfect game for you. The games visuals have aged pretty well and it still controls perfectly, but it's the time control mechanic that makes everything interesting. You can pretty much pause, reverse, slow down or stop time any time you want during the game (as long as your meters filled up) and it directly impacts how you fight certain enemies and figure out certain puzzles. The story is pretty much non existent, but it's just a fun game to play and for the low price of $20 or below, it's an excellent way to pass the time.

The Saboteur (PS3. Also on 360): Buy it. This is a AAA game that was never given it's chance to shine. The Saboteur does have it's flaws, but they don't stand in the way of the amount of fun I had while playing through Nazi occupied France. It's pretty much Assassins Creed, Grand Theft Auto and Price of Persia (08) all mixed together to create an extremely fun world of witty French rebels, snarky Germans and a lovable Irishmen who you come to really like as the game goes on. I paid $18 for the game, but I would have gladly paid double that and so I highly recommend it.

The Bourne Conspiracy: It's a fun third person shooter that incorporates melee combat and stealth mechanics into a pretty epic campaign. It's a good game and if you liked SplinterCell: Conviction, then you'll probably like this game as well. 

Legendary: It's bad, don't buy it. 

Turning Point: Fall of Something Something: Noooooo.

Dark Messiah of Might & Magic (PC & 360)" Damn, this game is fun. It's like a linear Oblivion and I loved Oblivion, so I also really enjoyed this game which is like a non open world oblivion. It's pretty much a FPS/Hack 'n' Slash game with the usual high fantasy storyline and a few RPG elements thrown in. I played it on both the 360 and PC and recommend the PC version, though the 360 version isn't that bad of a port. It's a great game, I've seen it around for $10 and it'd make a fine addition to your backlog.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Around the Network

I played the bourne demo and found it pretty fun. I'll pick it up if i can find it.

for ages when i went into an gaming store, i would look at turning point: fall of liberty and say umm i might buy that. time went on the game has got very cheap yet still haven't brought it yet. 

Whats so bad about it. you should highlight the bad things in those bad bad games 

Of Course That's Just My Opinion, I Could Be Wrong

I found turning point to be an okay game, the graphics arent great, though it can be fun at times as you kill the enemy's "enviourmentally", though the bad side is theres alot of bugs, which can actually make the game fun, as you laugh at the bugs. The animation isn't that gread.  Though if you find it in the bargain bin for cheap, you should buy it and just try it out for yourself

Pretty much agree with everything though I've heard that the 360 version of Dark Messiah of Might & Magic is really bad. PC version at least was awesome.

I also greatly recommend The Saboteur, not only is it a good game, it also plays (well parts of it at least) in my current home town Saarbrücken !
I never thought I would see that in any video game. (being only the 43th biggest city in Germany)

Around the Network

Turning point: fall of liberty was indeed bad. I bought it despite the terrible demo and metacritic. I figured the story sounded really good, and just as long as the shooting mechanics worked, I would still have a good time.

The thing is, the developers didn't just know how to screw up an FPS, but also games in general.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

I'd like to add in Afro Samurai and Shadowrun.... Shadowrun is selling for 5$ last time I checked gamestop... it's a FREAKIN STEAL, check the demo out... but it's also exclusive to 360 and PC. Afro Samurai (availible for both 360/PS3) is about 10-20$ last time I checked gamestop... great buy... but I recommend playing the demo.. it's repititive but if you don't mind slicing and dicing and mastering the combos in the game... you won't mind the repititive aspect of the game so much and will enjoy it.

All gaming systems, consoles/PC, have thier perks... why fight over preferences? I like Coke and you like Pepsi, that's it, let's not fight over which toy we like best cause that's what they are. Is someone's preference in a toy important or is the relationship between you and your neighbor more important? Answer is obvious, but THE most important thing is your relationship with God almighty. God Bless you in Jesus's name.

I can communicate without talking... I can send a loved one money without actually sending money... and I can commit theft without the product disappearing, the point of theft is the point of theft not one of it's possible symptoms which is the product dissappearing. The thief wants to gain something without paying for it, that's the point of theft, the thief doesn't have to care or anybody else has to care if the product dissappears. The product dissappearing is just a possible symptom of theft. Gifts are sacrfices, in order to give a gift, it has to be a genuine sacrfice/gift, meaning a copy of the game isn't still in your PC. Piracy is theft and/or being a culprit of theft.

i was in doubts about getting Saboteur, reading your "review" help me decide and i will buy it next time i order some games. thanks.

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

Calmador said:

I'd like to add in Afro Samurai and Shadowrun.... Shadowrun is selling for 5$ last time I checked gamestop... it's a FREAKIN STEAL, check the demo out... but it's also exclusive to 360 and PS3. Afro Samurai (availible for both 360/PS3) is about 10-20$ last time I checked gamestop... great buy... but I recommend playing the demo.. it's repititive but if you don't mind slicing and dicing and mastering the combos in the game... you won't mind the repititive aspect of the game so much and will enjoy it.

You just reminded me about Afro Samurai.

Afro Samurai is a  good game that follows the  plotline of the popular anime starring Samuel L Jackson. The interesting storyline, art style, soundtrack and gore are good enough to keep you interested even when the combat does get get a little repetitive. It's definitely a worthy recommendation and it's a great addition to anyone's collection.

To the people asking about Turning Point, its just a bad game. I'm usually very optimistic when it comes to games but Turning Point was a real bummer and it's headache inducing. The gun-play is bland, the game looks really rough, it's technically a mess, the story is stupid and it just felt like a rushed game that was made to capitalise on the early 360 FPS software surge.

I'd also recommend checking out Folklore, Dark Sector, The Darkness, Earth Defence Force 2017 and Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm. All of those games are amazing and I found some far better than many of the so called 'AAA' games I've played as of recently. Look up some trailers or gameplay videos on Youtube and if you can find them for below $20, then your in for a treat.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Doobie_wop said:
Calmador said:

I'd like to add in Afro Samurai and Shadowrun.... Shadowrun is selling for 5$ last time I checked gamestop... it's a FREAKIN STEAL, check the demo out... but it's also exclusive to 360 and PS3. Afro Samurai (availible for both 360/PS3) is about 10-20$ last time I checked gamestop... great buy... but I recommend playing the demo.. it's repititive but if you don't mind slicing and dicing and mastering the combos in the game... you won't mind the repititive aspect of the game so much and will enjoy it.

You just reminded me about Afro Samurai.

Afro Samurai is a  good game that follows the  plotline of the popular anime starring Samuel L Jackson. The interesting storyline, art style, soundtrack and gore are good enough to keep you interested even when the combat does get get a little repetitive. It's definitely a worthy recommendation and it's a great addition to anyone's collection.

To the people asking about Turning Point, its just a bad game. I'm usually very optimistic when it comes to games but Turning Point was a real bummer and it's headache inducing. The gun-play is bland, the game looks really rough, it's technically a mess, the story is stupid and it just felt like a rushed game that was made to capitalise on the early 360 FPS software surge.

I'd also recommend checking out Folklore, Dark Sector, The Darkness, Earth Defence Force 2017 and Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm. All of those games are amazing and I found some far better than many of the so called 'AAA' games I've played as of recently. Look up some trailers or gameplay videos on Youtube and if you can find them for below $20, then your in for a treat.

Folklore I keep hearing about it around in talks... all I know about it is its name... I've played a bit of Dark Sector.. my impressions of it is that it's probably an okay game... I own the Darkness and I have yet to complete it but the little I played... my impressions are.. that game is probably epic.... Earth Defence Force... I havent played it but from what I know... I think that kind of game appeals to a certain crowd ya know.

All gaming systems, consoles/PC, have thier perks... why fight over preferences? I like Coke and you like Pepsi, that's it, let's not fight over which toy we like best cause that's what they are. Is someone's preference in a toy important or is the relationship between you and your neighbor more important? Answer is obvious, but THE most important thing is your relationship with God almighty. God Bless you in Jesus's name.

I can communicate without talking... I can send a loved one money without actually sending money... and I can commit theft without the product disappearing, the point of theft is the point of theft not one of it's possible symptoms which is the product dissappearing. The thief wants to gain something without paying for it, that's the point of theft, the thief doesn't have to care or anybody else has to care if the product dissappears. The product dissappearing is just a possible symptom of theft. Gifts are sacrfices, in order to give a gift, it has to be a genuine sacrfice/gift, meaning a copy of the game isn't still in your PC. Piracy is theft and/or being a culprit of theft.