By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Call of duty wont Last because

there isn't an Face to connect with the Call of Duty name. Nintendo has done this the best and has matched an face for all there franchise's such as Mario, Donkey Kong, Zelda/Link etc are the reason why those games have ran for as much as 25 years. 

Call of duty might be the biggest games of this gen but they have no face. An Game could come out and be exactly like COD but better and could attach the crowds and COD will die. While many have failed at that there will be one since there are always someone trying to take down the best. And an Name like Call of Duty wont make it last. 

One thing Activison should of done is make an playable character like Soap be the face the Call of Duty in all its titles from MW and with that build an character. But since they haven't and its getting too late now it wont be long before we will get the guitar hero repeat where people will soon just stay with the last game instead of doing an minor upgrade with the next title. Also like Guitar hero due to the yearly cycle the games will lose its luster and it wont be the cool game all the gamers must buy. 

I find it funny because Guitar Hero and Tony Hawk are Activison titles that have suffered the game type of effect of the yearly cycle. I believe Activison know that COD wont last so they are going to quickly install pay to play online and 2 games a year cycle and bleed every last cent out of the COD name. 

Of Course That's Just My Opinion, I Could Be Wrong

Around the Network

Lol

I love the logic

The CoD brand is not going to last, and therefore Activision are milking it

As opposed to

Activision are milking the CoD franchise and therefore it is not going to last.

I could provide a billion examples of franchises that had a 'face' that crashed, and a billion of long lasting franchises that don't. Activision are milking CoD just like they did all their other franchises, and quite soon this will destroy the series

I think the COD franchise is really endangered because Activision will pull a Tony Hawk/Guitar Hero and over milk the franchise to the point where it gets burnt out and consumers get tired of it, which will eventually tarnish the name. Nothing against Treyarch (Black Ops is a great game), but I think Activison should just stick with Infinity Ward and a game can be made every 2-3 years, rather than leap frogging every single year from Treyarch to Infinity Ward for a new COD game. Infinity Ward seems to make the superior games, so it should really just be them handling the series. If a new game gets pumped out every year, mark my words, the franchise will die soon, unless radical changes in the gameplay is made to keep the series fresh.

Infinity Ward is done with Activision. It was widely covered and Activision's jack-booted approach to clearing out the studio ended up doing more harm to their public image than just about anything else they did this year.

Either way, Activision believes it's the IP, not the development studio that makes the franchise successful. And while I feel IW is a better developer than Treyarch, 9m copies sold in the opening weeks for Black Ops say most people don't care.

it doesnt matter if they milk the series if they keep making them like stupid it will take at least 5-7  more years before it actually becomes unprofitable and that would have easily done the job for them by them if not already.

Around the Network
scottie said:

Lol

I love the logic

The CoD brand is not going to last, and therefore Activision are milking it

As opposed to

Activision are milking the CoD franchise and therefore it is not going to last.

I could provide a billion examples of franchises that had a 'face' that crashed, and a billion of long lasting franchises that don't. Activision are milking CoD just like they did all their other franchises, and quite soon this will destroy the series

this lol i always wanted to do this.

What? I would say more , but this thinking is so faulty I would probably insult you.

I don't understand all of the call of duty hate. I fucking love the series and will buy every single game that comes out.

I seriously want Activision to do bankrupt.

Those guys can't innovate, they just stick to a successful formula and milk it till it crashes, instead of cycling for 2 or 3 years the same franchises.

oldschoolfool said:

I don't understand all of the call of duty hate. I fucking love the series and will buy every single game that comes out.

Even when your Eighty and the rumored space/future cod is now cod modern warefare?