By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - ''3200 tigers left in the wild.''

Anyone need a fur coat?

Around the Network
DarthVolod said:
melbye said:

Humanity deserves to die. What good things did we ever do for this planet?

This is exactly the kind of mentality that groups like PETA and environmentalists are creating, a generation of misanthropy. Even if you were correct in stating that humanity deserves to "die" for not saving the planet you are ignoring the efforts of countless animal rights/protection groups and the work of environmentalists around the world ... I guess human life has no value to you even when it is pushing your agenda? Also, I was not aware that the meaning of human life was to protect the planet and nature. Please enlighten me on how you came to this conclusion (or rather what documentary or television station you absorbed it from without questioning). 

On that subject, if preservation is the objective goal of human life as you accept then can you please tell me why this is so? What possible benefit is there to humanity if humans sacrificed themself for the sake of the planet? Whos is to benefit and for what purpose? The "planet" is a big chunk of mostly inatimate matter. Are you suggesting that human beings should lay down (with no explanation as to why they should do so) their lives to save a giant rock? Besides, isn't your statement a bit self contradictory? Humans arose on this planet and we are just as much a part of the natural world as any tiger. By hindering human progress and even going so far as to say they should all "die" aren't you, in effect, suggesting that we must destroy nature in order to preserve nature?

Another thing that makes me so suspect of bleeding hearts animal rights activists is the fact that they NEVER advocate the preservation of any species that one would define as "ugly." I never see campaigns advocating the preservation of bees (who do far more for us than tigers ever could) or for any other species that one could not put on a postcard. It is always the cute species like whales, dolphins, tigers, ect. ect. Just seems so hypocritical to me.

MMM man wtf are you talking about.... Do u think mankind is superior to everything else on the planet??, we just got lucky we evolved the way we did, but that doesnt mean we are different... we are just animals.. with bigger brains intelligence and at the same time more stupid and cruel..

From what u write your saying that mankind really doesnt need nature to survive, which is complete bullshit we must protect it because we need it, do u think technology will save us from living alone in the planet?, its not like humanity's main goal is to protect the nature, but U KNOW WHY WE HAVE TO PROTECT IT?? its because WE and no other animal has been changing the environment so much, because we have the power to change it, but at the same time we have to use it wisely..

It is stupid to think that humans can just go around doing whatever they want and that everything will just go fine and that time will fix everything.. that is the mentality of a lot of morons... when u say what benefit it brings to us?? is the benefit that we will get to live on this planet longer and better, we are animals part of the ecosystem, i supposed that you have never had a pet(i dont mean exotic ones, as i prefer them to be on the wild) when it just gives you so much not asking for more, and you are saying well we shouldn't take care of it?

Well from your words i think you rather have an xbox 360 or a ps3 over nature( which are the same thing like a stupid rock, if you make an analogy from what u said)

sad news....

Cheebee said:
Chairman-Mao said:

Well I'm not WWF supporter or anything but I do agree our treatment of animals can be disgusting. But our treatment of cows is nothing compared to how the Chinese treat endangered animals like keeping them in tiny crates, not feeding them and physically abusing them.

Are you serious? Either you are a hypocrite, or you know nothing.

Take a look at meat.org.

Humanity sickens me horribly.

I wish I had a copy of the video I watched last year in High school on the Chinese black market trade of endangered animals. 

DarthVolod said:
melbye said:

This is exactly the kind of mentality that groups like PETA and environmentalists are creating, a generation of misanthropy. Even if you were correct in stating that humanity deserves to "die" for not saving the planet you are ignoring the efforts of countless animal rights/protection groups and the work of environmentalists around the world ... I guess human life has no value to you even when it is pushing your agenda? Also, I was not aware that the meaning of human life was to protect the planet and nature. Please enlighten me on how you came to this conclusion (or rather what documentary or television station you absorbed it from without questioning). 

On that subject, if preservation is the objective goal of human life as you accept then can you please tell me why this is so? What possible benefit is there to humanity if humans sacrificed themself for the sake of the planet? Whos is to benefit and for what purpose? The "planet" is a big chunk of mostly inatimate matter. Are you suggesting that human beings should lay down (with no explanation as to why they should do so) their lives to save a giant rock? Besides, isn't your statement a bit self contradictory? Humans arose on this planet and we are just as much a part of the natural world as any tiger. By hindering human progress and even going so far as to say they should all "die" aren't you, in effect, suggesting that we must destroy nature in order to preserve nature?

Another thing that makes me so suspect of bleeding hearts animal rights activists is the fact that they NEVER advocate the preservation of any species that one would define as "ugly." I never see campaigns advocating the preservation of bees (who do far more for us than tigers ever could) or for any other species that one could not put on a postcard. It is always the cute species like whales, dolphins, tigers, ect. ect. Just seems so hypocritical to me.

As a student of history i have read 10000 years of it and i must say humanity has issues, it has nothing to do with PETA

Around the Network

Man is the most dangerous animals on earth.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Kyuubi Ricky SSJ2 said:
Beuli2 said:

It is time to get my last tiger barbecue ready.

LMAO

In all seriousness though this is terrible news. Tigers are like the Dons of the big cat world, they're so cool and they've been around for thousands of years. I can't believe they're just about to disappear. What animal will Sagat rename his move list after now? 

Liger Uppercut!

Unicorns ARE real - They are just fat, grey and called Rhinos

sad state the Tigers are in...

I guess there won't ever be any chances for me to club baby tigers

4lc0h0l said:
DarthVolod said:
melbye said:

MMM man wtf are you talking about.... Do u think mankind is superior to everything else on the planet??, we just got lucky we evolved the way we did, but that doesnt mean we are different... we are just animals.. with bigger brains intelligence and at the same time more stupid and cruel..

From what u write your saying that mankind really doesnt need nature to survive, which is complete bullshit we must protect it because we need it, do u think technology will save us from living alone in the planet?, its not like humanity's main goal is to protect the nature, but U KNOW WHY WE HAVE TO PROTECT IT?? its because WE and no other animal has been changing the environment so much, because we have the power to change it, but at the same time we have to use it wisely..

It is stupid to think that humans can just go around doing whatever they want and that everything will just go fine and that time will fix everything.. that is the mentality of a lot of morons... when u say what benefit it brings to us?? is the benefit that we will get to live on this planet longer and better, we are animals part of the ecosystem, i supposed that you have never had a pet(i dont mean exotic ones, as i prefer them to be on the wild) when it just gives you so much not asking for more, and you are saying well we shouldn't take care of it?

Well from your words i think you rather have an xbox 360 or a ps3 over nature( which are the same thing like a stupid rock, if you make an analogy from what u said)

Wow... ok. Let me try to respond to this jumbled mess here. In regards to your rather disturbing view of mankind as just a pack of specially evolved animals with no rights (sociopath's mentality), the fact is that animal rights, in the objective sense of the word, do not have rights. Humans possess rights due to their capacity to think and reason (which results in the transformation of matter in unique and novel ways). If you could point to an animal with this same ability to understand reality beyond merely the perceptual level (just being able to sense reality), and instead at the conceptual level (able to both perceive and integrate knowledge using logic and identification to transform matter to serve his/her purposes) then I would also argue that animal has rights. Perhaps, we will find life on other planets that displays this same ability to understand reality as humans do, and those creatures would then possess rights, but animals on this planet (with the soul exception of humans which I would not label as animals unless you are referring to prehistoric ancestors of humans) do not. Also, animals can not display cruelty in the fashion you suggest precisely because they lack reason and the ability to make choices which means they are incapable of moral actions whether good or bad.

That addresses your first point. The rest of your post attempts to put words into my mouth by making the ludicrous assertion that I am somehow "anti-nature." This is absurd for several reasons. For one, I never made the case that human beings could live without nature, because we are a part of nature! Some people tend to think that everything that humans do is unnatural and an affront to nature, but the inventions and objects that humans use are not somehow removed from nature, they are all composed of materials that were originally found in nature which humans have transformed to fit their purposes. An Xbox 360, a car, and a toaster are not somehow unnatural and otherworldy objects but rather an example of the remarkable and incalculable asset that is the human mind in action. Humans themselves are not dimensional space aliens from the 5th dimension either. We arose on this planet just like the tiger, the bear and ect.

Your post gets even less intelligible after this point, but I will try to finish it. Could you explain what you mean by technology not saving us from being "alone" on the planet ... that entire sentence is baffling to me. Yes, it is true that humanity alters the matter around him in a great variety of ways, but just because I alter something that does not, somehow, give that matter rights. Without the ability to transform matter and produce values human beings would be extinct. Of course, we should utilize matter for rational purposes. So far, humans have used it for a great variety of rational pursuits that have improved their status and made their lives far more prosperous. This is not always the case, but (particularility in the last few centuries) we have. Without such "wise" uses of nature we would not be able to argue about this on a forum in the first place.

It is at this point in your post that you cease to make any arguments and just proceed with ad hominem attacks against me. I never suggested that human beings can utilze the resources on this planet in any fashion whatsoever and expect to obtain results. I did not say or imply this at any point during my first post and calling me a "moron" will not change that. I do happen to have a pet (a dog chinese crested breed), and I have had several pets before her already. I take great care of her just as I took great care of the other pets I have had over the years. She receives more attention, love, and care than most human children. However, just because I have a great deal of affection for something that does not magically give it rights. Just as my xbox 360, ps3, and wii all give me great entertainment value I take great pains to protect and preserve them even though they don't possess rights in a rational sense. Rational humans take the same approach with other resources on this planet as well. It is in my own interest to care for my dog and my other possessions ... to do otherwise would be self-destructive.

This post has gone on much longer than I originally intended considering the fact that you clearly missed the point of my original post. I was not attempting to take some kind of anti-nature stance ... quite the opposite in fact if you had actually read and understood it. The poster I was responding to was calling for the extinction of an entire species, our own, because humanity has apparently "harmed" inadtimate matter which is, of course, nonsense. I was merely attemtpting to show how irrational and dangerous that mentality is.