By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - ''3200 tigers left in the wild.''

thranx said:
Chairman-Mao said:
thranx said:
Chairman-Mao said:

lol China wants to help? China is the problem. They sell exotic animals on the black market and treat them like shit. They also kill animals for their body parts (like gall bladders) and use them for medicine and whatnot.

I watched a video about this last year in Grade 12. Its disgusting and saddening.

as opposed to our treatment to cows?

Exotic tigers = endangered

Cows = plentiful

And we're using cows for milk and meat. Chinese use these animals for shit like fur coats and weird ancient medicine that doesn't actually do anything.

I was just trying to point out the hypocrisy in damming china for using aniamls for goods when we do the same just with a different beast. I beleive we killed off the wild cow didn't we? how many roam free? would it be ok for china to harvest tigers as long as they keep a large domesticated population of them and kill off all the wild ones? Some of every animal should be left undomesticated to roam free and thrive.

Well I'm not WWF supporter or anything but I do agree our treatment of animals can be disgusting. But our treatment of cows is nothing compared to how the Chinese treat endangered animals like keeping them in tiny crates, not feeding them and physically abusing them.

Around the Network
Chairman-Mao said:
thranx said:
Chairman-Mao said:
thranx said:
Chairman-Mao said:

lol China wants to help? China is the problem. They sell exotic animals on the black market and treat them like shit. They also kill animals for their body parts (like gall bladders) and use them for medicine and whatnot.

I watched a video about this last year in Grade 12. Its disgusting and saddening.

as opposed to our treatment to cows?

Exotic tigers = endangered

Cows = plentiful

And we're using cows for milk and meat. Chinese use these animals for shit like fur coats and weird ancient medicine that doesn't actually do anything.

I was just trying to point out the hypocrisy in damming china for using aniamls for goods when we do the same just with a different beast. I beleive we killed off the wild cow didn't we? how many roam free? would it be ok for china to harvest tigers as long as they keep a large domesticated population of them and kill off all the wild ones? Some of every animal should be left undomesticated to roam free and thrive.

Well I'm not WWF supporter or anything but I do agree our treatment of animals can be disgusting. But our treatment of cows is nothing compared to how the Chinese treat endangered animals like keeping them in tiny crates, not feeding them and physically abusing them.

you may want to look into chicken farms and how cows are actually treated. I think you may find in some cases it is very similar. I do agree there is a difference in complete exctinion of species that is happening in china and what is currently going on in america, but that could just be because we killed off so many already in the us.

We/they , need to try to keep the population growing. But I think it won't be a bad idea to take enough samples or something to be able to clone them in the future. For when it might go wrong. They should do that with every animal on the brink of extinction.

Chairman-Mao said:

Are you serious? Either you are a hypocrite, or you know nothing.

Take a look at meat.org.

Humanity sickens me horribly.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Humanity deserves to die. What good things did we ever do for this planet?

Around the Network

Their are a lot of them in zoo....In asia you can find a lot of tiger parks..Honestly I would not estimated more than 5.000 tigers..

melbye said:

Humanity deserves to die. What good things did we ever do for this planet?

This is exactly the kind of mentality that groups like PETA and environmentalists are creating, a generation of misanthropy. Even if you were correct in stating that humanity deserves to "die" for not saving the planet you are ignoring the efforts of countless animal rights/protection groups and the work of environmentalists around the world ... I guess human life has no value to you even when it is pushing your agenda? Also, I was not aware that the meaning of human life was to protect the planet and nature. Please enlighten me on how you came to this conclusion (or rather what documentary or television station you absorbed it from without questioning). 

On that subject, if preservation is the objective goal of human life as you accept then can you please tell me why this is so? What possible benefit is there to humanity if humans sacrificed themself for the sake of the planet? Whos is to benefit and for what purpose? The "planet" is a big chunk of mostly inatimate matter. Are you suggesting that human beings should lay down (with no explanation as to why they should do so) their lives to save a giant rock? Besides, isn't your statement a bit self contradictory? Humans arose on this planet and we are just as much a part of the natural world as any tiger. By hindering human progress and even going so far as to say they should all "die" aren't you, in effect, suggesting that we must destroy nature in order to preserve nature?

Another thing that makes me so suspect of bleeding hearts animal rights activists is the fact that they NEVER advocate the preservation of any species that one would define as "ugly." I never see campaigns advocating the preservation of bees (who do far more for us than tigers ever could) or for any other species that one could not put on a postcard. It is always the cute species like whales, dolphins, tigers, ect. ect. Just seems so hypocritical to me.

Anyways, no one here is discussing the real tragedy. If tigers become extinct than who will speak on behalf of Frosted Flakes???

What other species could tell us that our cereal is GREAT!

Mr.Metralha said:

By 2015 mankind will have successfully accomplished the task to wipe out tigers from earth's surface.

I'll tell to my grandson that I'm from the times were tigers once coexisted with humans. That will be a great story.

Meanwhile in Middle East:

Just looking at that it seems gives the impression of somethig you're not supposed to kill.

Shit, I want a tiger now :P

Mr.Metralha said:

By 2015 mankind will have successfully accomplished the task to wipe out tigers from earth's surface.

I'll tell to my grandson that I'm from the times were tigers once coexisted with humans. That will be a great story.

Meanwhile in Middle East:

Just looking at that it seems gives the impression of somethig you're not supposed to kill.

Shit, I want a tiger now :P

Beuli2 said:

It is time to get my last tiger barbecue ready.

LMAO

In all seriousness though this is terrible news. Tigers are like the Dons of the big cat world, they're so cool and they've been around for thousands of years. I can't believe they're just about to disappear. What animal will Sagat rename his move list after now?