By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Yowza! look at that 360 total SW for the week!

It won't be long and 360 will be above Wii for LTD SW sales in Americas. That's amazing given the LTD HW sales difference.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
binary solo said:

Yowza! look at that 360 total SW for the week!

It won't be long and 360 will be above Wii for LTD SW sales in Americas. That's amazing given the LTD HW sales difference.

It's hard to maintain a lead when the same titles are perpetually giving you a good amount of sales while 360 and PS3 constantly get these huge bumps in sales every time a big game comes out.  It was almost a matter of time.

I don't believe the PS3 is doing that poorly in the US/NA...

CGI-Quality said:
NYANKS said:
CGI-Quality said:
HKN said:

Kinect doing nothing for hardware as of yet.

I wouldn't say that, I just don't think it's doing as much for hardware as some hoped. We'll know in due time, however. In EMEAA, it'll have to hold off the onslaught that is Gran Turismo 5. Here in the States, Kinect will probably have the larger impact, and Japan is anybody's game, but will likely favor GT5 as well.

All in all, this week's numbers are likely a combination of a spike from Black Ops and Kinect together.

But is it just me, or is it QUITE a bit lower than expected?  I'm really not trying to troll, but I was expecting like 500k in sales, even some big Xbox fans in the thread seemed to have too.  I must've gotten the shipments completely botched or something.  I mean it did amazing, but am I being too optimistic for PS3?  I looked at the sales and was like "Oh, PS3 isn't in as bad a shape as I figured", even down like 70k lol.   What say you?

I agree mostly, I thought Kinect would do a bit higher as well (albeit not quite 500k though). Looking at things right now, PS3 is in fantastic shape and if it can keep itself no higher than 100k behind the 360 and Wii throughout Dec, I would consider that better for it than originally predicted.

Having said that, I still think if Kinect continues to hold a grip on the buzz, it will continue to push 360 consoles.

Oh no doubt, I wouldn't be surprised if they have only burned through 200 million of that 500 million in marketing.  I just feel like if PS3 can maintain closeness, with the hopeful shot in the arm from GT5, then it will continue to chip into that 360 lead throughout next year.  For a third place console, this really is amazing. Unprecedented, really.

CGI-Quality said:
HKN said:

I wouldn't say that, I just don't think it's doing as much for hardware as some hoped. We'll know in due time, however. In EMEAA, it'll have to hold off the onslaught that is Gran Turismo 5. Here in the States, Kinect will probably have the larger impact, and Japan is anybody's game, but will likely favor GT5 as well.

All in all, this week's numbers are likely a combination of a spike from Black Ops and Kinect together.

But for Black Ops 360 would have gone down a little WoW. MW2 gave 360 a 14% boost on more or less the same sales. I expect Black Ops gave 360 a 10% boost at least, but offset somewhat by the natural reduction one expescts after a major launch, i.e. Kinect.

It'll be interesting to see what happens for PS3 and 360 this coming week. For 360 after 2 weeks of major releases, and PS3 having one week of major release, I would expect the week before Black friday to see a slight drop for both systems; perhaps not so slight for PS3.

I think Wii's boost is more likely to see it go up again next week and then assplode BF.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
binary solo said:
CGI-Quality said:
HKN said:

But for Black Ops 360 would have gone down a little WoW. MW2 gave 360 a 14% boost on more or less the same sales. I expect Black Ops gave 360 a 10% boost at least, but offset somewhat by the natural reduction one expescts after a major launch, i.e. Kinect.

It'll be interesting to see what happens for PS3 and 360 this coming week. For 360 after 2 weeks of major releases, and PS3 having one week of major release, I would expect the week before Black friday to see a slight drop for both systems; perhaps not so slight for PS3.

I think Wii's boost is more likely to see it go up again next week and then assplode BF.

Don't count out the triple on Black Friday, it may surprise.  ;)  *prays* lol

NYANKS said:
CGI-Quality said:
HKN said:

But is it just me, or is it QUITE a bit lower than expected?  I'm really not trying to troll, but I was expecting like 500k in sales, even some big Xbox fans in the thread seemed to have too.  I must've gotten the shipments completely botched or something.  I mean it did amazing, but am I being too optimistic for PS3?  I looked at the sales and was like "Oh, PS3 isn't in as bad a shape as I figured", even down like 70k lol.   What say you?

From my perspective it's you.

I was expecting mid 400Ks for this week. Albeit I forgot it was Black Ops week, I never expected Black Ops to cause a major HW boost [edit: for 360]. People saying 500K were being overly optimistic about (i) Kinect HW boost in EMEAA or (ii) Kinect causing major HW boost 2 weeks running, or both. So for me 360 HW this week is exactly meeting my expectations. I just have no idea what to set as expectations next week. My gut is telling me it'll be flat-ish WW and in Americas as the natural holiday rise is offset by the natural post big release drop.

Jimi Hendrix

binary solo said:
NYANKS said:
CGI-Quality said:
HKN said:

I was expecting mid 400Ks for this week. Albeit I forgot it was Black Ops week, I never expected Black Ops to cause a major HW boost. People saying 500K were being overly optimistic about (i) Kinect HW boost in EMEAA or (ii) Kinect causing major HW boost 2 weeks running, or both. So for me 360 HW this week is exactly meeting my expectations. I just have no idea what to set as expectations next week. My gut is telling me it'll be flat-ish WW and in Americas as the natural holiday rise is offset by the natural post big release drop.

How is it me if you expected about 450k and I expected 500k, when it actually hit about 200k?  Your prediction is closer to mine than the actual, AND you din't factor in Black Ops, which might have raised your prediction to about mine. 

Believe me, I'm not in a dream land.  360 is kicking ass and will continue to beat the PS3 on just about any account.  I just figured it was a bit low going by general talk around the forums.

NYANKS said:
binary solo said:
NYANKS said:
CGI-Quality said:
HKN said:

I was expecting mid 400Ks for this week. Albeit I forgot it was Black Ops week, I never expected Black Ops to cause a major HW boost. People saying 500K were being overly optimistic about (i) Kinect HW boost in EMEAA or (ii) Kinect causing major HW boost 2 weeks running, or both. So for me 360 HW this week is exactly meeting my expectations. I just have no idea what to set as expectations next week. My gut is telling me it'll be flat-ish WW and in Americas as the natural holiday rise is offset by the natural post big release drop.

How is it me if you expected about 450k and I expected 500k, when it actually hit about 200k?  Your prediction is closer to mine than the actual, AND you din't factor in Black Ops, which might have raised your prediction to about mine. 

Believe me, I'm not in a dream land.  360 is kicking ass and will continue to beat the PS3 on just about any account.  I just figured it was a bit low going by general talk around the forums.

WHAT!?! you were expecting 500K from Americas ALONE??? I know we're in the Americas thread but when you wrote 500K I totally thought you meant world wide. So when I wrote mid 400Ks I was talking about my WW expectations. So you were pegging WW this week to be ~750K for 360?

Like I said, I did forget about Black Ops, but in a previous post I wrote that I only credit BO with a ~10% boosting effect for 360 (MW2 had a 14% effect on similar sales).

Jimi Hendrix

I can't believe some people try to spin Kinect sales.

Anyone thought about shortages?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3751297

Comparing the bundled Sports Champion with Kinect Sports...
Just Dance 2 outsold Dance Central... 1 million userbase vs 36 million userbase... new IP vs successor of a very successful game

Please THINK before making comments.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...