By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony and Microsoft will join forces within the next 10 - 15 years

Necromunda said:
Gilgamesh said:
Necromunda said:

I can see Google getting together with Sony. Imagine what that could bring.

Google and Sony and already collaborating on a lot of things already.

Hence why I can easily see it happening, console wise, in the future. Imagine the Playstation brand a thing of the past, and a new, brand, an epic collaboration spawned from the minds of Sony and Google.

Google is currently branching out to many other areas to secure there future hence Google android platform and google tv. I can differently see Google breaking into the gaming industry by teaming with an electronics company and SONY is the best since they have experienced success in the gaming sector while many others have failed (phillps, panasonic etc). 

Google should first should create an new mobile gaming network combining SCE/PSN with the Android platform for an revolutionary mobile gaming to compete against Apple. And then proceed into the home console. 

Of Course That's Just My Opinion, I Could Be Wrong

Around the Network
MrBubbles said:

buy join forces, i assume they mean microsoft will buy sony's gaming division

And by the time that happens, Apple will have bought Microsoft.

poroporo said:
MrBubbles said:

I doubt Sony would sell there most profitable sector so Microsoft would just buy the entire corporation or Apple 

Of Course That's Just My Opinion, I Could Be Wrong

mchaza said:
poroporo said:
MrBubbles said:

I doubt Sony would sell there most profitable sector so Microsoft would just buy the entire corporation or Apple 

Not that I'd like that to happen, I'd be forced to buy a Wii. Oh wait, I already own one. :/

If you look at the 1st and 2nd generation of video game consoles starting with the Magnavox Odyssey in 1972, video gaming has a history of big names in the consumer electronics testing out the console waters. History shows a big name like Apple or Google entering into the market as very likely.

Personally, I think if Apple or Google comes in alone then a Sony/Microsoft partnership or a combination of Apple or Google pairing with either or both Sony or Microsoft is highly likely.

Microsoft in regards to Google and Apple has the advantage of culture, language, and a very similar, silicon valley business type. Sony's advantage is their multi-product line making any entry and exit for either Google or Apple less costly because Sony can eat the costs somewhere else down the line.

Nintendo I just don't see pairing because they have never needed to and the strength of their 1st party franchises are the best in the industry.

Around the Network

My One Console Future Dream is starting to come into place except for Nintendo.

- Ultimate Game Collection and Exclusives from Sony 1st Party and all of 3rd Party.

- Sony's hardware with MS' software and OS for consoles

- All the best features of Live and PSN put together ie XBL for Free, etc

- Move's accuracy and controller combined with Kinect's camera and sensors for the ultimate Motion Gaming.

etc, etc...

I will support this.

Necromunda said:

I can see Google getting together with Sony. Imagine what that could bring.

I personally can see Microsoft going with Sony first and here is why.

Sony Vaio gets advertised like crazy with MS, and MS advertises VAIO for the MS OS's. Now I see Sony basically having a lot of the areas where MS lacks Ie tvs, computers etc. That type of hardware.

MS would not go with Google for a long long time. This Android vs Apple war would be perfect for MS if they just let it be. But they wanted to put their own 2 cents in. They don't seem to be Googles best mate, also see Bing getting created, one for a future Iphone and 2 against Google.

As far as I know Sony has yet to announce plans to jump on the Android bandwagon yet will soon make a Windows 7 phone. It appears Sony seems to be siding with MS against Google. Dell has obviously sided with MS as well. MS is playing this very well, and it is not to make friends with Google. Google is a threat to Sony, MS and Apple. Hence why they are working together.

I dunno what will happen in 10-15 years as mentioned but as I said MS and Sony is a very big possibility imo vs possibly Google and Nintendo.

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

poroporo said:
MrBubbles said:

People really need to stop underestimating MS. You do realise that MS posted one of their biggest ever quarters. MS definitely knows what they are doing. If threatened they will retalliate. Hence Kinect selling for an almighty profit (if the rumours are true). Dell siding with MS, Sony/Ericsson will prob use WIN 7 as its new platform under Sony - I predict.

The only damn reason why Apple and Google are so strong is because of all the anti whatever laws that MS has apparently breached. Like in Europe they cant use their own Explorer on their own OS... WTF???

Android and Apple and Linux etc better make you have to choose in Europe but most likely isnt the case. MS has had to keep jumping hurdles but is currently bloody strong.

I will make ANYONE a 100,000 dollar bet, we can do it with lawyers and everything that Apple will not be in the position to buy Microsoft in 10-15 years. Though if they arent I get the money -.-

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

I hope this becomes reality someday.

Wagram said:

I would be fine with that. ONLY if Microsoft NEVER EVER able to touch the hardware building.

But then it would be too difficult to develop for.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)