By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New IP from Bioware!

Is it bioware edmonton making it.

Or one of those EA spinoff companies... such as bioware mythic making it. Thats a big kicker for me.

Whenever a small dev gets big people start to criticise it more whether it's  valid or not.

I still have confidence that dragon age 2 will be enjoyable despite many detractors (I'm one of them as well I don't like the change) the first one had plenty of flaws... maybe they'll fix those and there will be a trade.

Around the Network
AnAntabus said:
Cross-X said:
Antabus said:

Need more games from BioWare. Why can't other companies make such gems as them. They suck. ;(

Epic? Valve? Naughty Dog? Blizzard?

Gears of war is good, valve does not make many good games,  only naughty dog game I've played was Jak something and it sucked. Blizzard has SC. None of those compare to the greatness which BioWare brings to us!

you forgot WoW. not for me I don't enjoy it, no denying that that's a major game with major critical acclaim though.

And Valve Has, Half Life, Left 4 Dead, Team Fortress, and CounterStrike... all shooters but all generally considered excellent.

I mean if your saying you don't like them.... that's fine, but anyone can say that about anygame. This is just general consensus.

Antabus said:
Cross-X said:
Antabus said:

Need more games from BioWare. Why can't other companies make such gems as them. They suck. ;(

Gears of war is good, valve does not make many good games,  only naughty dog game I've played was Jak something and it sucked. Blizzard has SC. None of those compare to the greatness which BioWare brings to us!

This Gen Valve has made 2 hit new IP's Portal and Left4Dead and The Orange Box has received Universal Praise. You may not like their games but doesn't mean they don't make many good games.

Blizzard has WoW, Starcraft and Diablo, all 3 multi million selling mega hit games.

Naughty Dog made the most critically acclaimed PS3 Exclusive franchise.

Epic made the mega hit Gears of War and soon will release Bullestorm.

What I'm trying to say is:

A) BioWare is one of the Top Devs in the industry

B) They've also made two Critically Acclaimed new IPs for this Gen, Mass Effect and Dragon Age

C) But there are a lot of other devs that have made gems for this gen and previously. They may not appeal to you but they're still great games.

ishiki said:
Antabus said:
Cross-X said:
Antabus said:

you forgot WoW. not for me I don't enjoy it, no denying that that's a major game with major critical acclaim though.

No, I did not forget it. :P I don't care if the game sells a lot or is critically acclaimed, I care if I like the game. Which is not the case with wow. BioWare never disappoints me, never. BioWare is the best <3

Cross-X said:
Antabus said:
Cross-X said:
Antabus said:

This Gen Valve has made 2 hit new IP's Portal and Left4Dead and The Orange Box has received Universal Praise. You may not like their games but doesn't mean they don't make many good games.

Blizzard has WoW, Starcraft and Diablo, all 3 multi million selling mega hit games.

B) They've also made two Critically Acclaimed new IPs for this Gen, Mass Effect and Dragon Age

C) But there are a lot of other devs that have made gems for this gen and previously. They may not appeal to you but they're still great games.

But yes it does. As I said on another post, I don't play the sales numbers or the reviews.. I can be as biased as I want. :P

A) Agree.

B) Well, duh... :D

C) Other mans gem is other mans trash and vice versa.

Around the Network
Antabus said:
ishiki said:
Antabus said:
Cross-X said:
Antabus said:

No, I did not forget it. :P I don't care if the game sells a lot or is critically acclaimed, I care if I like the game. Which is not the case with wow. BioWare never disappoints me, never. BioWare is the best <3

I'll agree there for the most part.

Antabus said:
Cross-X said:
Antabus said:
Cross-X said:
Antabus said:

But yes it does. As I said on another post, I don't play the sales numbers or the reviews.. I can be as biased as I want. :P

A) Agree.

B) Well, duh... :D

C) Other mans gem is other mans trash and vice versa.

If you say so man :D

I'm going to say something. people won't agree with

I saw the video about dragon age... it doesn't look the best... But people said that about Metroid Prime before it came out. but if it works. and I have faith because this is bioware.

I applaud them for trying different combat systems instead of trying to stick with same thing over and over.

granted if it ends up sucking. I don't applaud

Granted I'm going to hype something for once. Deus Ex 3 Human Revolutions Gonna Kick Anythings Ass, Even Biowares Ass... Or anyones this generation. All the gameplay leaks and stuff have me hyped for once. I'm prepared to eat my words too :P.

Wait a minute, Cross-X arnt you the producer for Mass Effect 2. so when you say it could be a Mass Effect COD cross over, is that a hint to what it actully is??