By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - CoD:BO plays itself. You're actually just watching it being played!!

Here's the proof: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RULv6HbgEjY

This guy shows how the game plays itself. Even if he doesn't fire a single shot, he shows how the game keeps progressing. Almost everything is scripted and you're not really playing the game. You're just watching it being played from a camera. At least you get to control the camera though. Guess people like doing that since this game sold so much.

At least I only buy games in which what I do actually makes a difference.

Around the Network

More comments on the subject can be found at: http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/e6xqm/how_scripted_is_the_action_in_cod_black_ops_you/

Try beating Payback without shooting. I bet you can't

Man... It's just one mission, but still, I can't believe how the gameplay in this game's single player campaign is weak. I already posted my comments about it on Black Ops' review page here on VGChartz. It's just sad. I had such high expectations for this campaign since I really loved World at War's and it was made by Treyarch too.

Oh well. I wonder who's developing the next CoD game? Sadly, IW are never going to do the sequel to MW2...

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

SHMUPGurus said:

Man... It's just one mission, but still, I can't believe how the gameplay in this game's single player campaign is weak. I already posted my comments about it on Black Ops' review page here on VGChartz. It's just sad. I had such high expectations for this campaign since I really loved World at War's and it was made by Treyarch too.

Oh well. I wonder who's developing the next CoD game? Sadly, IW are never going to do the sequel to MW2...

Comments from a Treyarch employee that worked on CoD:WaW about that game can be found here: http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/e6xqm/how_scripted_is_the_action_in_cod_black_ops_you/c15ta4z

He posted these comments after seeing this video I posted.

Around the Network
rubido said:
SHMUPGurus said:

Comments from a Treyarch employee that worked on CoD:WaW about that game can be found here: http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/e6xqm/how_scripted_is_the_action_in_cod_black_ops_you/c15ta4z

He posted these comments after seeing this video I posted.

Thanks for the link.

Something I find funny: "[...] Given limited resources, money, and developer time, the quickest "fix" to any given problem/bug was through level design and scripting. That's why the AI is such utter horseshit and everything is on rails: it's not worth it to "do it right."

That's bullshit. Infinity Ward at least had a good level designer for MW2! They managed to do a CoD game where you had multiple ways to do certain levels at least. Black Ops is just following corridors 80% of the time with a minimal amount of diversity in most levels.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Probably just for the PC version to compensate for PC users not being nearly as good at FPSes as console gamers.

KylieDog said:

It is the first level, you ai teammates aren't anywhere near as useful later in the game, especially on harder difficulties.

The guy from the video mentions that this is the second highest difficulty setting.

Honestly, who buys CoD for the single player anyway?

what kylie said

It was the first mission. In later levels they're only doing covering fire.