By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft favorite to buy Rock Band developer Harmonix?

MSNBC has been discussing possible purchasers. One of their 'favorites' appears to be MS, who they have the following to say about a potential deal - "exclusivity is big among all three of the console makers, making Harmonix a tempting acquisition if it could design music games specifically for its parent console. 

http://www.maxconsole.net/content.php?43001

Around the Network

I can see it now.  Kinect enabled Rock Band, you get bonus points for head banging and being over-dramatic when playing your instrument.

voty2000 said:

I can see it now.  Kinect enabled Rock Band, you get bonus points for head banging and being over-dramatic when playing your instrument.

Lol.

Nsanity said:

MSNBC has been discussing possible purchasers. One of their 'favorites' appears to be MS, who they have the following to say about a potential deal - "exclusivity is big among all three of the console makers, making Harmonix a tempting acquisition if it could design music games specifically for its parent console. 

http://www.maxconsole.net/content.php?43001

That would be pretty huge for Xbox.  It would certianly benfit the Harmonix guys to totally focus on one platform, and they have the best tracking for Kinect...very realistic, imho. 

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Would be a huge buy for whoever gets them.

Microsoft would probably be a good option for them too, Rock Band sells awesome on the 360.

Around the Network

It does seem to be the right move to make, imo.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Sounds like a very nice fit.  

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

i don't see it, MS seems to have an aversion to having first party developers and as much as i love rock band, the genre is in major fatigue mode right now.  not exactly a good investment imo.

kitler53 said:

i don't see it, MS seems to have an aversion to having first party developers and as much as i love rock band, the genre is in major fatigue mode right now.  not exactly a good investment imo.

They aren't just a rock band company anymore.  Try Dance Central and come back to me.

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

This was my biggest fear when i heard Harmonix was being sold. Ive invested so much money into my PS3 rockband set that this would be heartbreaking not being able to continue to grow my library and comntent. I really hope a 3rd party picks them up

However it would be a perfect way for Apple to jump into the videogame home console world and integrate itunes. So hers hoping.