By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Things I would love to see Mario Kart 3DS.

- Downloadable tracks!
- Maybe custom made tracks also?

Think for yourself, question authority

Around the Network
abroZ said:

- Maybe custom made tracks also?

UGC should be a staple for the series by now imo.  I don't understand why EAD never pushed further with the idea after the F-Zero X Expansion?

Hell, even Excitebike was built around UGC.

What's the big deal about friend codes?  MKWii pretty much lets you add someone to your list if you both agree and you're in the same friend hosted room.

No thanks to custom tracks.  I could only dream of the abominations... Also limited tracks encourage you to get better at knowing tracks and time trials would be meaningless if there would 1,000s and 1000's of tracks.

Items help balance things.  Take Sonic and SEGA ASR for instance.  There's no spiny shell or spiny shell equavilent to help those in inferior carts.  A player using Shadow can stay in first for an entire race unopposed.  Unluckily, Mario Kart isn't like that.  Also, VS mode of MKW has an item option for local multiplayer.  Maybe there should be an option for online with friends.  Still, part of Mario Kart's charm and sense of identity has been items.  Maybe it's just me...

Pixel Art can be fun.

Now that Square-Enix and Nintendo are back in bed together I want Geno included

Wario Colloseum 3D.
Waluigi Pinball 3D.
Bowser's Castle 3D with Bullet Bills.
Rainbow Road 3D.

But really all I want is a good Battle Mode.  I think a team Battle Mode would be a great idea, especially since today's games can give you 4v4 or 6v6, or even 4v4v4, 2v2v2v2v2v2, or 3v3v3v3, etc.

Around the Network

Does anyone else hope that Nintendo makes a Mario Kart Double Dash 3DS Game? Seriously had a blast playing DD on Gamecube.

Track Editor.

That's all I ask.

I want the cloud item from MKWii REMOVED!

Think for yourself, question authority

Cross-X said:

Does anyone else hope that Nintendo makes a Mario Kart Double Dash 3DS Game? Seriously had a blast playing DD on Gamecube.

Thank you.

And co-op Grand Prix. I have no idea why they took it out. But it's stupid that they did.

All I really want is a good battle mode.  M64 had an awesome battle mode, despite its limitations (4 arenas, only 2 of which were really great), and every game since has done this aspect a disservice.  Take out useless items (mushrooms in battle?  F.U. MKWii) and make some genuinely good stages (and don't rehash the bad ones, F.U. again to MKWii for repeating one of the not really great battle stages).  That's all it'd take to make me happy.  The rest is just a distraction for when I don't have friends around to play with. 

You do not have the right to never be offended.