Forums - Sony Discussion - Just got a PS3 - Recommend me some PSN Games

GodOfWar_3ever said:
darklich13 said:
GodOfWar_3ever said:
darklich13 said:

Hmm I'll check this one out for sure

Cool

What games did you get so far ?

Well, right not just Uncharted 2.  Probably get Wipeout for sure but I was also looking for another PSN game.  SuperStardust looks cool but other than that I am not sure of what is out there.  I have a bunch of retail games I want for sure.  Got to find a copy of Valkyria Chronicles.

Are you a God of War fan ?

Thinking of getting the remakes and 3.  How much better are the remakes compared to the PS2 versions?

EMULATION is the past.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Around the Network

Super Stardust HD

darklich13 said:
Munkeh111 said:

Sorry to completely ignore your question, but I can only really discuss other recommendations once you have Uncharted 2 (preferably 1 & 2...)

That is the game I bought with the system ;)

Excellent.

Now, while you don't actually need any PSN games as you have the greatest game of all time, the best ones to get are probably

WipEout HD (and fury)
flOwer
Super Stardust HD
PixelJunk Monsters

and that's probably enough for you to be getting on with

Munkeh111 said:
darklich13 said:
Munkeh111 said:

Sorry to completely ignore your question, but I can only really discuss other recommendations once you have Uncharted 2 (preferably 1 & 2...)

Excellent.

Now, while you don't actually need any PSN games as you have the greatest game of all time, the best ones to get are probably

WipEout HD (and fury)
flOwer
Super Stardust HD
PixelJunk Monsters

Thanks you good sir!! Yea its hard to turn down Uncharted 2 when it says "greatest game of all time" on the box. :)

Do you have to buy both Wipeout and Fury?

EMULATION is the past.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Flower & Siren

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

Around the Network

I don't have much other people haven't mentioned but...

Games that are amazing:  wipeoutHD, flower, braid, echochrome

Games that are great: crittercrunch, pixel junk shooter, pixel junk eden, trine, ratchet and clank quest for booty, fat princess

Games that were good: fl0w, zen pinball, Söldner X, Söldner X2

Games I didn't care for: rag doll kung fu, mushroom wars

darklich13 said:
GodOfWar_3ever said:
darklich13 said:
GodOfWar_3ever said:
darklich13 said:

Hmm I'll check this one out for sure

Cool

What games did you get so far ?

Well, right not just Uncharted 2.  Probably get Wipeout for sure but I was also looking for another PSN game.  SuperStardust looks cool but other than that I am not sure of what is out there.  I have a bunch of retail games I want for sure.  Got to find a copy of Valkyria Chronicles.

Are you a God of War fan ?

Thinking of getting the remakes and 3.  How much better are the remakes compared to the PS2 versions?

Better frame rate and use of anti-aliasing are the biggies here...it actually looks better in-game than during the in-engine recorded cutscenes cause of this.

And part III is a masterpiece and a great technical showcase..

My PSN favourites so far are:

Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle Cars

Joe Danger

Pixeljunk Shooter

Mushroom Wars

Burn Zombie Burn

edit: and Wipeout HD of course

I never quite understood all the hype for Flower by the way.

darklich13 said:
Munkeh111 said:
darklich13 said:
Munkeh111 said:

Excellent.

WipEout HD (and fury)
flOwer
Super Stardust HD
PixelJunk Monsters

Thanks you good sir!! Yea its hard to turn down Uncharted 2 when it says "greatest game of all time" on the box. :)

Do you have to buy both Wipeout and Fury?

No, you can buy HD, then Fury is an add-on, which is about the size of the main game, which I must admit, I don't actually have myself

well, since almost every before me already mentioned Flower I'd say give Siren a try (if you're a horror fan)