By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3>360 gap in Japan almost cancels 360>PS3 gap in Americas for the year

PS3>360 gap in Japan almost cancels 360>PS3 gap in Americas for the year

PS3's favor in Japan 81 41.75%

360's favor in Americas 86 44.33%

Virtual tie (within 10k) 27 13.92%

Total:194
KillerMan said:
Mr Puggsly said:
A_C_E said:

And who said Japan doesn't matter?

Me.

They have the worst attach ratios. Part of the reason why Xbox 360 software sales are significantly higher.

Also, they have generally horrible taste in games. Hence, they keep supporting horrible games.

Actually PS3 has sold more software worldwide than X360 if you align the launches. It seems that this myth that X360 sells a lot more software compared to PS3 is still alive and kicking.

My favorite myth is the one that PS3 has no good games to be worth buying the system.  That myth is all but gone now atleast ;) !

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

Around the Network
Eddie_Raja said:
Mr Puggsly said:
A_C_E said:

Me.

They have the worst attach ratios. Part of the reason why Xbox 360 software sales are significantly higher.

Also, they have generally horrible taste in games. Hence, they keep supporting horrible games.

Troll much?  Yeah because Halo and Gears are good taste compared to GT5, FF, Metal Gear Solid, and Demon's Souls....ROFLMAO!!!

Oh yeah, I'd rather play Gears and Halo than any of those.

But for what its worth... those are the tolerable Japanese games. You can tell because they sold well in the west.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
Eddie_Raja said:
Mr Puggsly said:
A_C_E said:

Me.

Troll much?  Yeah because Halo and Gears are good taste compared to GT5, FF, Metal Gear Solid, and Demon's Souls....ROFLMAO!!!

But for what its worth... those are the tolerable Japanese games. You can tell because they sold well in the west.

Tolerable? Ok....I guess we will just have to agree to disagree...You can go play your generic gorefests!

Eddie_Raja said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Eddie_Raja said:
Mr Puggsly said:
A_C_E said:

Me.

Tolerable? Ok....I guess we will just have to agree to disagree...You can go play your generic gorefests!

And half of those games on the list that you've mentioned have either a) Already came out on 360, b) Coming out on 360, the other half are restricted by the fact that they develop primarily for Sony.. You go off to name a whole range of different games yet fail to mention the great exclusives that 360 offers too, Fable, Mass Effect series(Which are now coming to PS3)  to name a few..

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

Pah double post.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

Around the Network

i say virtual tie, but Japan has been very nice to PS3 this yr and i think GT5 will have PS3 leading or keep it a virtual tie! 

Ali-Kharazi said:

Japan isn't interested in Kinnect and those who are are part of an already small 360 install base.

Japan will go wild when GT5 comes out and that will just settle it.

Japan has never been keen on XBox to begin with, but they have warmed up to it more with the Xbox 360, then they did with the original XBox. For people who don't know, the original XBox sold just over 500K in Japan. The XBox 360 will most likely break 1.5 million in Japan. That's the most any American produced game console has sold in the land of the rising sun. Microsoft has done a decent job, but they still have a LOT of work to do for next generation. I still think they need to purchase some Japanese develoepers and release a LOT of JRPG's  (at least 2-3 a month exclusively) on their next Xbox system. GT5 should do well, but it's not going to sell anywhere near what GT3 sold. It should easily sell 1 million worldwide it's first week. But after all the hardcore fans get it, it'll be downhill from then on. GT5 Pologue sold almost 4 million, but that was mainly because rabid fans got tired of waiting for the full version of the game. Those same 4 million gamers will get GT5, plus a couple million more over it's lifetime.

'gaming till I'm gone'

Mr Puggsly said:
A_C_E said:

Me.

Puggsly my ugly friend, nobody cares if you don't understand somebody else's culture of games. But you are right, if only Japan was as perfect as the rest of us.

NotStan said:
Eddie_Raja said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Eddie_Raja said:
Mr Puggsly said:
A_C_E said:

Me.

And half of those games on the list that you've mentioned have either a) Already came out on 360, b) Coming out on 360, the other half are restricted by the fact that they develop primarily for Sony.. You go off to name a whole range of different games yet fail to mention the great exclusives that 360 offers too, Fable, Mass Effect series(Which are now coming to PS3)  to name a few..

I was talking about japanese games vs American.  Don't be too much of a fanboy!  Look I already have ME1&2 on the PC (It is better than on 360), so the fact that it is coming to PS3 doesn't really excite me that much if at all.  I'm not saying Japan>America, I'm saying both countries make great games and that some of the most highly regarded titles are Japanse;thus it's stupid to insult Japan's ability to make games!

Mr Puggsly said:

Also, look at the attach ratios.

X360 3,994,325 (-8%) 403,012,359 (9.01)
Wii 3,969,294 ( 6%) 534,271,896 (7.06)
DS 2,706,330 ( 10%) 593,972,684 (4.36)
PS3 2,186,911 (-26%) 285,685,643 (6.99)

The 360 has the best of any console. Most notably for our discussion, 9.01 on the 360 vs 6.99 on the PS3.

It's not true... a lot of games are undertracked or with no sales in PS3... 360 is always more accurate in VGC.

And Microsoft said last time that attch rate was 8.8 for 360 and Sony 8.1 for PS3... so why VGC put 9.01 for 360 and 7.06 for PS3.

OP. 360's favor in Americas.