By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - When will Kinect be available everywhere?

scat398 said:
<p>It appears that Kinect is actually seeing demand increase at increasing rate.  While some may want to suggest that demand isn't as high as it appears, a thriving secondary market seems to suggest the opposite.  Prices in the secondary market will probably increase to $250 by black friday if shortages in the primary market continue.  This may be difficult for some to accept but it is the market that sets demand not console prefernce. </p>

last week they were at 220, now they're on ebay at 179 or so. Increase? Not exactly.

Around the Network

Well, going by most of those sites, the Move seems to be doing pretty good, too. 

BestBuy: The Move controller is backordered and will take 1-2 weeks to arrive.

Toys R Us: The Move and Nav controlers are sold out.

Target: The Move controller and the PS Eye are both sold out.

Amazon: The Move controller is sold out.

Gamestop & Game: Everything seems to be in stock at the moment, except the PS Eye at Game.

Amazon.uk: The Move controller and the 320GB PS3 Move Bundle are sold out.

Amazon.de: The Move and Nav controllers, as well as the Move Starter Bundles (which includes the 320GB Console Bundle) and PS Eye, are sold out.

I also noticed you forgot Wal-mart.  Online they seem to be sold out of the 250GB Bundle, but still have the sensor and 4GB Bundle (though you have to purchase 2 discounted games along with them.  On the Move side, they are sold out of the Move Bundle w/ an additional game and controller, as well as the Move standalone controller.

Then I guess there is also Newegg.  The have both Kinect Console Bundles, but are out of stock for the standalone sensor.  On the Move side, they are out of Move controllers.

In conclusion, I think both Sony and MS are going to enjoy the sales of their motion controls this holiday, and sales are going to be very interesting.    And to answer your question, I think they would both be fools to not have enough supply to meet demand by Black Friday in America.  Not sure when the holidays really kick off in the other parts of the world, though.

Seece said:

Wow, surprised it's out of stock, loads of PS3 fans here have been telling me they're piled higher than mountains in stores?

yea I seen a 53 foot trailer full behind wal-mart. LOL

I did see one in stock at wal-mart and it was most likely bought after I left.  People where eyeing it as I passed looking at games. 

To answer the orginal question: most likely January, after the holiday season.

It will be interesting to see how much the average Ebay selling price for a Kinect kit changes after Black Friday, but currently it's less $190. And as long as MS keeps $299 Kinect bundles in stock, I don't really see that average price changing much.

But there is currently no reason to believe that MS won't hit their projections as inventory is moving as fast as current production can keep up.

theprof00 said:
Coca-Cola said:
theprof00 said:

I dunno, it was sold out with only ~500k units in the US. It's really up to MS to decide when to end the shortages. I'm guessing it is going to be 1-2 weeks before Christmas, or possibly every week after black friday.

Also, there're over 200 kinects on amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=kinect&x=0&y=0

I also just watched 7 kinects end on ebay at 176$ including shipping. So apparently, the demand isn't as strong as it's been believed.

Which is strange, because last week, they were ending on ebay at 200-225 including shipping.

200 new kinect available is not from Amazon but from other sellers, and they are trying to sell em for $200.

Amazon hasn't had a new shipment this whole week.

Ah I see, available units don't count if they are simply listed on amazon at a price that was selling last week. Apparently the demand isn't high enough for those units to get sold at 200$. 

Because at that point you could just buy a new xbox with the sensor

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
Coca-Cola said:
theprof00 said:

I dunno, it was sold out with only ~500k units in the US. It's really up to MS to decide when to end the shortages. I'm guessing it is going to be 1-2 weeks before Christmas, or possibly every week after black friday.

Also, there're over 200 kinects on amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=kinect&x=0&y=0

I also just watched 7 kinects end on ebay at 176$ including shipping. So apparently, the demand isn't as strong as it's been believed.

Which is strange, because last week, they were ending on ebay at 200-225 including shipping.

200 new kinect available is not from Amazon but from other sellers, and they are trying to sell em for $200.

Amazon hasn't had a new shipment this whole week.

Ah I see, available units don't count if they are simply listed on amazon at a price that was selling last week. Apparently the demand isn't high enough for those units to get sold at 200$. 

Why are you always stealthing it on every kinect article?  I see you on everything MS down playing the success or Trying to stealth your way into conversations.

bannedagain said:

Because at that point you could just buy a new xbox with the sensor

lol

Walmart Black Friday advertisement is out and the back page says they are stocking a large shipment for Saturday after Thanksgiving.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

updated

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

DirtyP2002 said:

updated

Nice job keeping this post updated.  I've been keeping an eye on the secondary market prices at amazon and they seem to be holding between $199 and $220.  Will have to watch for a price spike on Black Friday and the days after to see if demand is going to stay strong in December.