By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halor Rach beaten hard by Black Ops

yo_john117 said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
viStaR said:

Solid_Snake4RD

Dude stop saying BS right now!

The 2.2M is at THE SAME TIME ON XBOX LIVE NOT IN MW2 , MW2 HAD MAX 1.1M MORE OR LESS.

REACH HAD MAX 910K NOT 900K MORE OR LESS.

BLACK OPS THE MAX I SAW WAS 1.350.000K MORE OR LESS.

NOW ON XBOX LIVE AT SAME TIME IS A DIFFERENT STORY , WHEN BLACK OPS HAD THOSE PROBABLY AROUND 400K WERE PLAYING REACH AND MW2 ASWELL!

MW2 NEVER HAD 2M AT ONCE , XBOX LIVE HAD NOT MW2.

CAPICHE ?

yeah twist the numbers

Actually he's right about those numbers man.

really?

so you think the PS3 and 360 version's gap is so low

360 sells dar more and still

PS3 version is at 850k and 360 version at 1.35

that is just not true

plus MW2 was certainly at 2m last year at same time

Around the Network
kimsk112 said:

Blackops is just been released and Reach has been out like almost two months? So when Reach was released, didn't it beat MW2 hard?

Couldn't I say Kinect Adventures is beating Uncharted 2 and God of War 3 sales right now? This is a stupid topic.

yes Reach beat it but one year after MW2 released and got beaten by MW2 within one of its release

you could say kinect adventures is beating uncharted and GOW3 but that is not fair comparision

its like comparing wii sports to anything

Solid_Snake4RD said:
kimsk112 said:

Blackops is just been released and Reach has been out like almost two months? So when Reach was released, didn't it beat MW2 hard?

Couldn't I say Kinect Adventures is beating Uncharted 2 and God of War 3 sales right now? This is a stupid topic.

yes Reach beat it but one year after MW2 released and got beaten by MW2 within one of its release

you could say kinect adventures is beating uncharted and GOW3 but that is not fair comparision

Ok then Kinect Sports is beating Uncharted and GOW3. Better?

Solid_Snake4RD said:
scat398 said:

Seems we should fix the original post now that we know Blackops never reached the numbers claimed by the OP.  Also, why are we comparing a game that just came out with a game that has been out for a month? shouldn't we wait to see where Black ops numbers are at the same point in it's life cycle.  History would suggest that Reach will be the most played MP game over time. 

never reached?

Black Ops certainly beat both MW2 and Reach peak numbers

just because some people can't digest it and trying to make the gap seem not that big doesn't mean we just change it

sure Black Ops just released but the point was the sharp drop suddenly from the mega numbers it used to have not other bullshit people think about

and Reach was already beaten by MW2 within its first month of release

"Black Ops certainly beat both MW2 and Reach peak numbers."

you say certainly, but numbers and sales don't seem to indicate this.  We should wait for offical usuage numbers by activision.

"sure Black Ops just released but the point was the sharp drop suddenly from the mega numbers it used to have not other bullshit people think about"

the drop seems similiar to previous halo drops when competeing franchises release, why is this one suddenly a problem.

"Reach was already beaten by MW2 within its first month of release."

and now reach is played more, proving that Reach and the halo brand has a longer staying power.  As I said before history suggest that Reach will again be the #1 shooter on 360.

How is it feasible for a game that's likely sold a little over 4 million copies on the platform to have 3 million on at the same time? Use the reasonableness test and you'll see how ridiculous that notion is.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

Around the Network

so the main point of this brown nosed TC is?

themanwithnoname said:

How is it feasible for a game that's likely sold a little over 4 million copies on the platform to have 3 million on at the same time? Use the reasonableness test and you'll see how ridiculous that notion is.

MW2 sold AROUND 4.8m and Black Ops outsold it

so the 360 version certainly did alot more 4 million copies

and as COD games are played more online than single player,this is certainly possible

tuscaniman said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
kimsk112 said:

Ok then Kinect Sports is beating Uncharted and GOW3. Better?

ok then infamous,heavy rain beating splinter cell.even better?

you can go on about these foolish comparision or get the point made not go bang your head about it

scat398 said:

you say certainly, but numbers and sales don't seem to indicate this.  We should wait for offical usuage numbers by activision.

The numbers are official

MW2 set the record at 2m last year.Reach overcame this record

Black Ops overcame both

the drop seems similiar to previous halo drops when competeing franchises release, why is this one suddenly a problem.

not really

yes the drop happens when a new game releases but the point i was making is this is too big which has never happened before 

HALO 3 was at top so long even with other games releasing compared to Reach

and now reach is played more, proving that Reach and the halo brand has a longer staying power.  As I said before history suggest that Reach will again be the #1 shooter on 360.

yeah but getting beat by 1 year old game that itself indicated something that this isn't just because of BLack Ops

by history HALO 3 was on top but the hsitory isn't comparable that much to current stat

wrong post

~locked~

For lacking content, context, and calling people trolls for reacting to this thread.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000