By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Kinect Adventures to be a 20 million seller? (I'm dead serious)

DirtyP2002 said:
I really hope MS gives us an update at this yeas CES.

I read somwehere on Gaf that they are giving an update on Kinects numbers at CES.

Around the Network
Nsanity said:
DirtyP2002 said:

I read somwehere on Gaf that they are giving an update on Kinects numbers at CES.

Could you link me if possible? perhaps just the thread?

Seece said:
Nsanity said:
DirtyP2002 said:

I'll see what i can do.

Nsanity said:
Seece said:
Nsanity said:
DirtyP2002 said:

I'll see what i can do.

Thanks,

found this - http://o.seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/businesstechnology/2017135749_brier02.html

The next version of the Xbox is in the works and reportedly will surface in 2013, but Microsoft is more likely to reveal the new system at the E3 game conference in June. However, Ballmer will surely provide an update on Xbox and Kinect sales through the holidays and talk about expanded use of Kinect and its application beyond game consoles.

Thats the one ^^

Around the Network

hee hee it's so much fun looking at all the old replies in this thread :3

Thank goodness I don't like making predictions :D

Congrats Toastboy, I didn't read the whole thread so I can't remember if I made a prediction or not, but I'd like to believe that I said it was possible

kowenicki said:
Seece said:
Nsanity said:
Seece said:
Nsanity said:
DirtyP2002 said:

I'll see what i can do.

Thanks,

found this - http://o.seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/businesstechnology/2017135749_brier02.html

The next version of the Xbox is in the works and reportedly will surface in 2013, but Microsoft is more likely to reveal the new system at the E3 game conference in June. However, Ballmer will surely provide an update on Xbox and Kinect sales through the holidays and talk about expanded use of Kinect and its application beyond game consoles.

I think there may be a surprise in that anouncement.

Like? Just high numbers or?

Seece said:

75% there, 15.5~ end of year

Hitler should be steadily rising from his grave right about now.

[...]

Don't worry, he's probably going to drown in the "sea of denial":

Seece said:

[Kinect sales predictions by the end of 2011, in millions)

huaxiong90 said:
Seece said:

All up to date, I wonder if anyone thinks 16 yet

Pfft, I suspect this thread's a trap for public humiliation.

!! haha, nah, I imagin around the low 20's is a solid estimate so most people won't be far off. At least there isn't a sea of denial like before though.

I find it quite interesting how people's expectations in Kinect have obviously lowered. By April last year, when Seece let people predict how much Kinect would sell by the end of 2011, 15 million was the lowest option available, and out of over 70 predictions, only one single prediction was less than 17 million, most people predicted it would sell 20 million or more by the end of 2011: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=125783

Fast forward 7 months and people seem to believe that saying Kinect will sell 20 million lifetime sounds like a crazy prediction...

ArnoldRimmer said:
Seece said:

75% there, 15.5~ end of year

Hitler should be steadily rising from his grave right about now.

[...]

Don't worry, he's probably going to drown in the "sea of denial":

Seece said:

[Kinect sales predictions by the end of 2011, in millions)

huaxiong90 said:
Seece said:

All up to date, I wonder if anyone thinks 16 yet

Pfft, I suspect this thread's a trap for public humiliation.

!! haha, nah, I imagin around the low 20's is a solid estimate so most people won't be far off. At least there isn't a sea of denial like before though.

I find it quite interesting how people's expectations in Kinect have obviously lowered. By April last year, when Seece let people predict how much Kinect would sell by the end of 2011, 15 million was the lowest option available, and out of over 70 predictions, only one single prediction was less than 17 million, most people predicted it would sell 20 million or more by the end of 2011: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=125783

Fast forward 7 months and people seem to believe that saying Kinect will sell 20 million lifetime sounds like a crazy prediction...

It is crazy, you'd have to be a plank to think it wouldn't reach 20m now. (and then)