By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - VGChartz! I need your ADVICE on WOMEN!

If she seems like she enjoys your company, then there is a good chance she also finds you attractive. I'd simply ask her if she'd like to go out again and if she says 'yes' then mention that specific date to see the movie and maybe dinner or whatever.

Plus, if you want it to be romantic, the movie isn't going to be a good ending. You'll need to invite her back to your place for food/drinks.

OR you can spend the same money for 100% guaranteed sex with a hooker.

Around the Network
superchunk said:

If she seems like she enjoys your company, then there is a good chance she also finds you attractive. I'd simply ask her if she'd like to go out again and if she says 'yes' then mention that specific date to see the movie and maybe dinner or whatever.

Plus, if you want it to be romantic, the movie isn't going to be a good ending. You'll need to invite her back to your place for food/drinks.

The NGO i'm working at currently is about fighting human trafficking, specifically trafficking women and children into prostitution. That'd be a bit more of a no-no than it already is XD

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
superchunk said:

The NGO i'm working at currently is about fighting human trafficking, specifically trafficking women and children into prostitution. That'd be a bit more of a no-no than it already is XD

meh, way to blow all the fun.

Mr Khan said:
superchunk said:

Ah, that's cool.  I bet that's a real intersting one to be working on. 

Khuutra said:

I always ask that question because I always gots to know if somebody's romantic interest is a gamer

ha nice question to ask... I'm actually incredibly lucky that my gf likes gaming,guess thats what makes her so special :D

but yeah for most people its very unlikely apart from maybe playing wii

"They will know heghan belongs to the helghast"

"England expects that everyman will do his duty"

"we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender"

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
Kasz216 said:
Khuutra said:

What it comes down to is: will the woman play New Super Mario Bros. Wii with you? Or Mario Kart?

Sometimes you can't really judge that till after you've dated for a while.

I wouldn't of expected my girlfriend to play those games with me, but she later turned out to really enjoy it.

From Mario Kart, to Trauma Center to like.... Gladius.... the SRPG for gamecube that had the most tacked on co-op in the hisotry of gaming.  (You press start and 2nd player takes control of half the characters... removing the need to pass the controller... i guess.)

There's two reasons for this.

1. Me and the wife are of the opinion that the current state of gaming in popular culture means there is no excuse for gamers to get into long-term relationships with non-gamers - or, at least, people who are hostile to the pasttime.

2. Mario games are excellent ice breakers and can make for a very good, very relaxed date with absolutely no pressure.

Being hostile isn't really the same though as just never doing it and not wanting to try something out of your comfort zone with someone you don't know that much.

It isn't fun for a lot of people to be terrible at something infront of people you want to get to know better.

Plus, the state of gaming in popular culture is a relativly new thing... and it's even newer as far as girls go.

A lot of girls have no negative feelings towards, but still do see it as a thing "guys do".

Khuutra said:
Kasz216 said:
Khuutra said:

What it comes down to is: will the woman play New Super Mario Bros. Wii with you? Or Mario Kart?

Sometimes you can't really judge that till after you've dated for a while.

I wouldn't of expected my girlfriend to play those games with me, but she later turned out to really enjoy it.

From Mario Kart, to Trauma Center to like.... Gladius.... the SRPG for gamecube that had the most tacked on co-op in the hisotry of gaming.  (You press start and 2nd player takes control of half the characters... removing the need to pass the controller... i guess.)

1. Me and the wife are of the opinion that the current state of gaming in popular culture means there is no excuse for gamers to get into long-term relationships with non-gamers - or, at least, people who are hostile to the pasttime.

2. Mario games are excellent ice breakers and can make for a very good, very relaxed date with absolutely no pressure.

I'm sorry to intrude but...

The bolded is just... not true. In order to find a gamer around here, you need to dig deep. Male gamers are rare as hell and usually when you find them, they only play one genre (sports games). Girl gamers are downright mythical.

As for not being hostile to the pasttime... yeah, that's probably easier to find. But answer me this: if a girl is not a gamer herself, wouldn't she probably resent you over time for dedicating so much of your free time to something that she isn't  able to understand, or share with you? In my experience and observations, yes. Yes she would.

Quem disse que a boca é tua?

Qual é, Dadinho...?

Dadinho é o caralho! Meu nome agora é Zé Pequeno!

Johann said:
Khuutra said:

The bolded is just... not true. In order to find a gamer around here, you need to dig deep. Male gamers are rare as hell and usually when you find them, they only play one genre (sports games). Girl gamers are downright mythical.

As for not being hostile to the pasttime... yeah, that's probably easier to find. But answer me this: if a girl is not a gamer herself, wouldn't she probably resent you for dedicating so much of your free time to something that she isn't  able to understand, or share with you? In my experience and observations, yes. Yes she would.

I apologize for my lack of clarity, but I was really referring to North America with that statement.

Khuutra said:
Johann said:
Khuutra said:

As for not being hostile to the pasttime... yeah, that's probably easier to find. But answer me this: if a girl is not a gamer herself, wouldn't she probably resent you for dedicating so much of your free time to something that she isn't  able to understand, or share with you? In my experience and observations, yes. Yes she would.

I apologize for my lack of clarity, but I was really referring to North America with that statement.

Oh, ok; No problem.

Still though, what do you think of my last paragraph? Any thoughts on that?

Quem disse que a boca é tua?

Qual é, Dadinho...?

Dadinho é o caralho! Meu nome agora é Zé Pequeno!

Johann said:
Khuutra said:

Oh, ok; No problem.

Still though, what do you think of my last paragraph? Any thoughts on that?

I'd say that counts as being hostile; people who aren't hostile can be indoctrinated, or at least tolerate moderation.