By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I made the title in honor of an old legendary vgchartz user that I haven't seen around in awhile.  Anyways, I am sick of hearing people say the Wii has zero games, my Wii is collecting dust, Wii is just for kids, etc...  Right now I have too many Wii games I haven't even had a chance to play or beat yet.  I still have a ton of MH3 to play.  I just bought Goldeneye and I am enjoying it (controls are a little jerky but after I customize it more hopefully I will have smoother controls for wiimote/nunchuck).  I am about to go buy Black Ops today and I just got 4 third party games from Amazon for under $54 (NH2, Little King's Story, Madworld and Okami)  I don't even have enough money for DKC Returns and other games coming out (will probably have to ask them for Christmas presents).  I shouldn't even have to talk about first party games (even though a F-Zero would have been nice).  Shit, I haven't even played Super Mario Galaxy 1/2 (will be my New Years Resolution). Sure, third party games are semi lacking but if you dig around there are plenty of good or decent third party games.  You just have to dig through the shit just like people who had PS2 had to.  Any market leading system is going to have a ton of shovelware and because of this somehow people have overlooked the good entirely on the Wii.   Most genres are covered decently with the Wii.  Third party company shortcomings are obvious but some third party companies have released good games on the Wii.  Are you satisfied with the games out on the Wii?

Around the Network

Yes I really are. In fact,my Wii games have more replay value than any other console I owned. There are some game which will stay classics like Super Mario Bros. or Ocarina of Time will. I played my Wii more often than any other console, including PS3, because if you are not into shooters, PS3 and Xbox are not really good console for you. I'm a platformer man, a true one, and I enjoy so much my games!

guiduc said:

Yes I really are. In fact,my Wii games have more replay value than any other console I owned. There are some game which will stay classics like Super Mario Bros. or Ocarina of Time will. I played my Wii more often than any other console, including PS3, because if you are not into shooters, PS3 and Xbox are not really good console for you. I'm a platformer man, a true one, and I enjoy so much my games!

Was the bolded ironic? Because it sounds like a very trite meme from, say, 2006. Before the respective lineups were properly fleshed.

"All you need in life is ignorance and confidence; then success is sure." - Mark Twain

"..." - Gordon Freeman

DKC:R > NMH 2, Madworld, Little King's story, Okami  :)

Considering I love crazy racers, puzzle games, and platformers I'd say I'm more than content.

The ignorance towards wii titles is amazing.  Many people think of wii sports, Mario Kart Wii, and all the shovelware, yet fail to see some of the gems. If you are going to critique a console and say it 'haz no gamez' or it's not core enough, you should at least no what is on the console. It's one thing to not like the titles the console has to offer, it's another to not even know about them.

Honestly, at the end of this gen I'm gonna play all the great titles that had little to no multiplayer or online; sonic colors, epic mickey, nmh1&2, okami and so many others! I'm gonna be busy for quite awhile.

And if you want deals and shooters, try PC gaming.

Today thanks to the info age it's easier to know what games are good on a console, it's not like the Atari 2600 days where the shovelware was everywhere, and most people had no way to know which games were the good ones, so it seemed like the 2600 only had crappy games with few exceptions (of course, Atari didn't help their case, PacMan and ET anyone...)

So if people want to know if they're good core/casual games on the Wii, the best advice for them: Do a little research, read a little...

BTW: TEH JAPAN IS GAMEZZZZ

Around the Network
WereKitten said:
guiduc said:

Was the bolded ironic? Because it sounds like a very trite meme from, say, 2006. Before the respective lineups were properly fleshed.

I woulnt say that if you´re not into shooters they are not good options (they have all sorts of games of course), but I would say that if you are into platformers the wii is definitely the best option for anyone

And yes I am a platformer man :)

I never quite get the 'my Wii is collecting dust' thing that goes around, considering I spend at least 6x as much time on my Wii compared to my PS3 (which ironically sits unused for weeks)

carmina...... :(

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

I'm satisfied because I've been playing it for hours, however I'm a bit dissapointed about what it was supposed to do, revolutionize gaming. At the beginning a lot of games had motion controls, but didn't work very well and had a negative impact among core gamers who wanted just to push buttons. Now it's like the gamecube but with Wii controls.

Nintendo is also to blame, most of their motion control games are Sport/Fitness, but where are the core games with good motion controls? Yeah, I enjoyed Mario Galaxy, NSMB, and overall all Nintendo stuff, but it wasn't the gaming revolution it promised

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

Soma said:

I'm satisfied because I've been playing it for hours, however I'm a bit dissapointed about what it was supposed to do, revolutionize gaming. At the beginning a lot of games had motion controls, but didn't work very well and had a negative impact among core gamers who wanted just to push buttons. Now it's like the gamecube but with Wii controls.

Nintendo is also to blame, most of their motion control games are Sport/Fitness, but where are the core games with good motion controls? Yeah, I enjoyed Mario Galaxy, NSMB, and overall all Nintendo stuff, but it wasn't the gaming revolution it promised

I can see your point.  However, I think the biggest opportunity for the Wiimote/nunchuck controls is for the FPS genre.  I just got Black Ops and I didn't play MW Reflex.  However, I did play the crap out of WaW  and I believe those controls were pretty solid.  I could aim and shoot with pretty damn good accuracy.  I have been playing Goldeneye and the controls aren't as smooth as WaW for me but I think I can twink them in future.  Playing a FPS with dual analog is not my style anymore.  Sure the keyboard and mouse will always be supreme for FPS but wiimote/nunchuck if used right offer pretty damn good controls for FPS.  Of course there are other genres that could benefit from the controls also.  The Wiimotion plus has made the controller more accurate also.  Perhaps most companies didn't utilize the controls as well as they could have.  There should be more games that take advantage of Wiimotion plus for one.