By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EMEAA Up!!! (Nov 6, 2010)

Zlejedi said:
Demotruk said:
Zlejedi said:
Demotruk said:
FreeTalkLive said:
Zlejedi said:

Which countries in others have Wii sold without Wii Sports?

Because the number of sports < Wii by 17k so pretty masive diffrence.

Several including South Korea.

And the Mario box doesn't contain WSR, I think?

According to google it does.

PAL version?

http://www.wii-bundles.com/new-super-mario-red-wii-console

It says so on the picture:

I see Wii Sports but not Wii Sports Resort.

Edit: Oh sorry, you were originally talking about Wii Sports, I thought you meant the discrepency between Wii and WSR which is much bigger. 17K isn't a huge amount for all of Asia. South Korea especially is not an insignificant market for Wii there.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Around the Network
Jordahn said:
*Sound Of Rain said:
CGI-Quality said:
*Sound Of Rain said:

PS3 doesn't even have Others anymore...I will wait until Worldwide #'s to state what I think about this week...and I will be nice about it...for now.

Here we go......lol.

While it is good to see the Wii pulling back up, the PS3 is as healthy as can be. That's really where it's at.

I was going to wait until the W.W #'s came in but if you want we can have this discussion now Lol...

You're just afraid to express your giddiness over Wii sales when it's still probable that the PS3 might outsell it worldwide.  There.

Wait...you think that the PS3 still has a chance to outsell the Wii Worldwide this week?

Zlejedi said:
Demotruk said:
Zlejedi said:
Demotruk said:

And the Mario box doesn't contain WSR, I think?

According to google it does.

PAL version?

The red bundle includes Wii Sports, it does not include Wii Sports Resort. I think you missed the 'R' in his post.

Wii Sports is bundled with every system in Europe and Americas, but I don't know about other countries like the Middle East, and Asia. Japan does not bundle Wii Sports.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

A203D said:
*Sound Of Rain said:

PS3 doesn't even have Others anymore...I will wait until Worldwide #'s to state what I think about this week...and I will be nice about it...for now.

Yeah true, but 70,000 more than the 360 and just 8000 shy of the wii is still reasonably good imo. and if you look at the software as well theres been nothing major out for the PS3 for a while, so its still pretty good i think.

Again, as I said before the PS3 is doing very strong #'s in Others and will probably continue to do so in Others but people have been saying that the PS3 has Others in the bag this Holiday and I always disagreed and this just proves that its not over yet...Wii and 360 both have a shot still. With that said PS3 could take Others back with G.T.5 but again who knows yet? Worldwide is a 100% different situation.

bazmeistergen said:
Zlejedi said:
Demotruk said:

PAL version?

Errr... that says Wii Sports not Wii Sports Resort.

Who cares!  More importantly it say's "Donkey Kong Original Edition" on it.  Me want!

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

Around the Network

Nice to see the Wii almost back on top.

The holliday effect will allow the Wii to outsold the 360 and the PS3 by a good margin and the evergreen games will start selling a lot too.

Nintendo will dominate the holiday period easily. Kinect will not change anything.

*Sound Of Rain said:
Jordahn said:

You're just afraid to express your giddiness over Wii sales when it's still probable that the PS3 might outsell it worldwide.  There.

Wait...you think that the PS3 still has a chance to outsell the Wii Worldwide this week?

At least you do.  Otherwise you wouldn't have been so reserved to express you feelings on these sales.

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

Jordahn said:
*Sound Of Rain said:

At least you do.  Otherwise you wouldn't have been so reserved to express you feelings on these sales.

Ha Lol...not at all I just don't want to be rude to the PS3 fans but I have been getting on a lot of PS3 fans nerves lately because I have always said that it won't last and Wii would be #1 Worldwide this Holiday. I have been saying that Holiday 2010 would be Wii>360>PS3 W.W and I even went farther and said that Wii and 360 would dominate PS3 this Holiday. I honestly didn't even expect Wii to outsell PS3 in Others this fast I expected PS3 to stay #1 in Others for a good amount of time. Why are you against me? What did I do LOl?

*Sound Of Rain said:
Jordahn said:

Ha Lol...not at all I just don't want to be rude to the PS3 fans but I have been getting on a lot of PS3 fans nerves lately because I have always said that it won't last and Wii would be #1 Worldwide this Holiday. I have been saying that Holiday 2010 would be Wii>360>PS3 W.W and I even went farther and said that Wii and 360 would dominate PS3 this Holiday. I honestly didn't even expect Wii to outsell PS3 in Others this fast I expected PS3 to stay #1 in Others for a good amount of time. Why are you against me? What did I do LOl?

You are aware that PS3 had a $50 gift card deal at Walmart, right? More than likely it will still be on top this week.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

Jeez! The last place I thought the Wii would outsell the PS3 this week was EMEAA.

Congratulations Wii.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson