By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Black Ops Wii-First review from ONM-Official Nintendo Magazine

FAMEL said:

I dont know why this game in the UK launched on the same day of the other versions (09/11/2010) and on some other countries in Europe (like mine: Portugal) the game was delayed about 2 weeks. What the hell is activision thinking? Is because of Goldeneye?

About the game itself it looks very good in graphics and gameplay.

Check out some videos that i found on youtube...

Video comparison of Wii version VS HD version:

Video online gameplay in HD video quality:

THIS GAME LOOKS AWESOME!!! Only hope that it plays even better! :P

Just a quick thought, the game in online mode looks that it has better graphics that the single player campaign... anyone with the game can clarify that for me?

Wii version does not look too good graphically... and why on earth the crosshair is not centered? I really hate games which do that. Why can't you just turn with the crosshair, it can't be that hard to do.

Around the Network
The Ghost of RubangB said:
Antabus said:

Local wi-fi, yeah.

Mario Kart DS can do 4 players online, and 8 players local.  You need 8 DS owners in the same room, but only one copy of the game.  You can do a world tour of all 32 tracks in the game.  I have done this several times, and it is THE BOMB.  It is way more fun than 4 player online.

Even though I personally don't like kart racers, it might be fun if 8 of my friends had a ds. Most of them only play farmville or stuff like that. You really have 7 friends with a ds? :O

When I used to live in L.A. I had a ton of friends with DS's.  We had DS parties, and played 10 player Tetris DS, and after a few people left we'd play 8 player Jam With the Band and 8 player Mario Kart DS, then after a few more left we'd play 6 player Star Fox Command, and then after a few more left we'd cool off with some 4 player Animal Crossing.  Animal Crossing required that all 4 players had their own game, so they could have their own town and character and all that, but the rest of those games only require one copy of the game.  There were web sites for DS owners to meet each other and meet up for these kinds of parties too.  And a few times I actually bumped into groups of strangers playing DS who let me join in.  It was all the rage until Wii Sports came out and took over the world.

In general, I think local multiplayer is more popular than online multiplayer because you can turn the games into drinking games, and because it gets non-owners addicted to the games, so they have to go buy them and show all their friends.  For online multiplayer everybody already owns it, so it can't spread in the same way.

Sorry to hear about your Farmville friends.  That game snatched up both my sisters and even my mom.

Oh. Maybe DS isn't as popular here or something. Only one of my friends owns a ds and he is offering it to me for free. :P

I prefer lan-games to splitscreen games. Shared screen just does not feel right for me. But yeah, lan games are a good reason to have "few" drinks. :D Too bad that the most of the actual gaming is done while having a terrible hangover...

well i bought the PS3 version adn the Wii version as it was only $64AUD.

So i am set to have fun on both lol.

What a ludicrous discussion. If BO PS3 gets anywhere close to the sales of MW2 PS3, then the Wii version of BO will have to increase the sales of the previous Wii COD game by over 700% to beat it.

How many annual franchise games on any console in the history of gaming have achieved such a feat?

It's quite frankly one of the most ridiculous, belligerent and disingenuous suggestions I've ever read...

VGChartz

Around the Network

back on topic,

This game is REALLY GOOD.

What has been improved/added:

- controls are vastly improved over Reflex (yes you can center your crosshairs to the screen)
- Voicechat can be muted per player
- zombie mode
- DLC - though not available now it will be
- online seems much smoother than Reflex
- better hit detection.
- sounds are really well done
- you can assign picking up weapons to either "A" or "left d-pad" (this is so small a detail that it is huge)

I have played all 3 main modes for a little while yesterday and these are what I had noticed.

After waiting for a year, I am HIGHLY satisfied.

Thank you Treyarch!

Love.

Me.

Antabus said:

Local wi-fi, yeah.

Mario Kart DS can do 4 players online, and 8 players local.  You need 8 DS owners in the same room, but only one copy of the game.  You can do a world tour of all 32 tracks in the game.  I have done this several times, and it is THE BOMB.  It is way more fun than 4 player online.

Even though I personally don't like kart racers, it might be fun if 8 of my friends had a ds. Most of them only play farmville or stuff like that. You really have 7 friends with a ds? :O

I don't know about other people, but most of my friends and acquaintances have at least 2 DS' each.  The likes of Mario Kart, Metroid Prime Hunters, Pokemon, Advance Wars and Zelda are all really fun when you get several people all playing together.

Even on some games, even people without the game cartridge can play, albeit it with limited choice; like in Mario Kart where they have to be Shy Guy.

How many people are online.

GianCarmen said:

10! :P Just joking!

Acevil said:
GianCarmen said:

10! :P Just joking!

Thanks got a good laugh from that.lol