By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Gamestops see ample Kinect Supply

Microsoft's Xbox 360 Kinect will unlikely see a retail drought this holiday.

Bob McKenzie, SVP of Merchandising and Marketing for GameStop, says he expects Kinect to be in stock for immediate future and that Microsoft has been quick with replenishing supply.

"It has exceeded our initial sales expectations, and we've been able to get good replenishment shipments from Microsoft," McKenzie told IGN.

"We came out of the weekend in real good shape; I don't have a lot of stores that are out of stock at this time and I anticipate going forward from the flow that I can see from [Microsoft] that we'll be in stock coming into the next several weeks."

Calls to numerous GameStop stores confirm Kinect's wide availability. Kinect went on sale in the United States last Thursday. Microsoft has yet to announce any shipping or sales figures for the device.

The company is backing Kinect with a large marketing push, however, that reportedly exceeds half a billion dollars.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/113/1133043p1.html

Looks like Microsoft expected a drought. I wonder what their production output is of the device.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Around the Network

All i know is that most of the people in my school are not excited about this. Microsoft is expecting to sell 5 million this holiday. I think they should bump it back down to 3-4 million

Well, it says right there in the article that "It exceeded out sales expectations" so I guess Kinect is selling pretty well.  I don't think Microsoft can sell five million before the end of the year if there aren't any supplies in store so the supply is there, too.  If anything, it looks like there is supply met with demand.  All is right with the world.

"It has exceeded our initial sales expectations, and we've been able to get good replenishment shipments from Microsoft,"

So what's the problem?

To be fair I don't think Microsoft ever said they expected to be sold out this holiday, it was other people who were speculating that.

You never want to be in a situation where people want to buy your product and you don't have enough any to sell them.

Expectations for sales were already high so for them to say it exceeded their expectations means it's doing very well.

Around the Network
SpartenOmega117 said:

All i know is that most of the people in my school are not excited about this. Microsoft is expecting to sell 5 million this holiday. I think they should bump it back down to 3-4 million

No duh.

Most high school kids are just into booze, weed, and dry humping. Its an awkward age.

Your high school has little reflection on what other demographics want.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
SpartenOmega117 said:

No duh.

Most high school kids are just into booze, weed, and dry humping. Its an awkward age.

Your high school has little reflection on what other demographics want.

lmfao!

My local Gamestop tells me that Kinect isn't selling very well and there are plenty still in the back.

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

Nsanity said:

"It has exceeded our initial sales expectations, and we've been able to get good replenishment shipments from Microsoft,"

So what's the problem?

What did Gamestop initially expected?

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.