By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The 7 best new IPs this generation

Little King's Story

Around the Network
jarrod said:

Outside Layton, this list put me to sleep.  

Mass Effect, Uncharted and L4D especially, they're all so derivative and cliche in terms of look and concept.  Why not really imaginative stuff like Portal, LBP or Scribblenauts?

And phoenix wright

lets pretend the GBa games never existed!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

this list is worthless... a new IP is a new IP even if only the demo is already out... and the best new IPs this generation are not well represented in this list... not by a long shot!

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

infamous should be their, even though the series only had one game, same thing for dragon age.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

The lack of Demon's Souls, Valkyria Chronicles, and Heavy Rain = I totally disagree. If only they made it a top ten, and included those in the top seven, regardless of order, I'd be happier.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Around the Network

Not too bad of a list, mine would probably be.. (in no particular order)

Bioshock
LittleBigPlanet
Uncharted
Assassin's Creed (the second one was good, and for a new IP it deserves to be on the list imo)
LFD2 (I've only played the 2nd but the game is awesome)
Resistance

I wanna put Dragon Age and maybe Borderlands up there, but I need to wait and see how #2 turns out.
I haven't played enough of Mass Effect, Gears Of War, Demon's Souls, or Valkyria Chronicles to put them on the list.
Heavy Rain is good but I wouldn't put it on my list.

huaxiong90 said:

The lack of Demon's Souls, Valkyria Chronicles, and Heavy Rain = I totally disagree. If only they made it a top ten, and included those in the top seven, regardless of order, I'd be happier.

The articles title is "Top 7 New FRANCHISES this gen"

Heavy Rain and Demon's Souls aren't franchises yet so they couldn't be in there.

I agree Valkyria Chronicles should be there....I think he's completely ignored PSP exists.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

"Wii" series should be in that list and should be at #1.

other than this i'd love to see no more heroes and the bit.trip series but i reckon they are nowhere as known or influential like some of the ips included.

Become a fan of I Love Videogames on facebook! The most updated and fun italian videogame fanpage on facebook! click here!

Also visit I Love Videogames: a new and fresh italian videogaming site! click here!

I absolutely love that top 3.

Though I was wondering what would be at #1 when I saw Uncharted at #2, but I forgot all about the Massive Effect.

I'm not such a big fan of Gears and Assassin's Creed but I can imagine them being on it.

darthdevidem01 said:
huaxiong90 said:

The articles title is "Top 7 New FRANCHISES this gen"

Heavy Rain and Demon's Souls aren't franchises yet so they couldn't be in there.

I agree Valkyria Chronicles should be there....I think he's completely ignored PSP exists.

Oh, my bad. Well then, Valkyria Chronicles should definitely be in the list.

Edit: And of course, the Wii franchise. But then again, Wii tends to be ignored by these publications, so I've stopped caring about that.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!