By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The 7 best new IPs this generation

I'd probably have borderlands on that list somewhere.

Around the Network

The Witcher? I miss that on there but I might be in the minority on that one.

I guess you're focusing on narrative driven.  For me the number one IP this gen is LittleBigPlanet.  I'd also swap Uncharted / Mass Effect as in truth ME1 is pretty weak on combat and level design plus Uncharted (particularly number 2) delivers a far more satisfying character arc - although to be fair it's a more traditional story with less characters.  Uncharted 1 & 2 constitute a more solid experience than ME1/2 I'd say, with Uncharted 2 taking narrative in a game to a new high.

L4D while very good feels a little outclassed in the list though.  It's a perfect MP experience but overall it's impact still remains slight, although it's a shame as I'd like to see more games use its "director" approach.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

No LittleBigPlanet???

But I agree with list except L4D and Professor Layton.

My reply was not put in and I'M TO LAZY TO RETYPE IT, now back to statistics.

Around the Network

Only 1 Japanese IP on that list is depressing I am shore there is more awesome new Japanese IPs this Gen.

Japanese Pop Culture Otaku

I changed my mind.

No LittleBigPlanet, no Demon's Souls, no Heavy Rain = FAIL

7)   Scribblenauts

6)   Professor Layton

5)   Little Big Planet

4)   No More Heroes

3)   Mass Effect

2)   Uncharted

1)   Bioshock

This list was written by someone with a small penis, who compensates for this by playing video games where he can use big guns.

Portal is much better than any of the games on that list, and Little Big Planet Deserves more than just an honorable mention

horrible list

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype