By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - A very heavy contender for greatest anime of all time!

Lafiel said:
outlawauron said:

I'm going to watch it at some point, but hearing from friends that have, I don't see how it can be even be mentioned with that title. He said that it was a good and engaging show but towards the end, it really just drug along. Not just for an episode, but for the last 15 or so.

Still a good show, just not quite at that top tier.

sry, but I don't see how you can judge it that way if all you are basing your opinion on is your friends comments

well it could be possible. That if what his friend said is correct (which I'd agree with what his friend said more or less), it wouldn't be possible for him to include it in his top tier. Which makes sense kinda.

Granted... if someone told me to watch an anime about collecting space debris and a Naive young lady, and a hotheaded trash collector. And that this would be my favorite anime.

I would think they're crazy. And yet... the anime I roughly described is my favorite anime "planetes".

So i agree with you in a really convolvoluted way :P And Monster is in my top 10 despite the flaws I agreed with. :P

Around the Network
ishiki said:

well it could be possible. That if what his friend said is correct (which I'd agree with what his friend said more or less), it wouldn't be possible for him to include it in his top tier. Which makes sense kinda.

Granted... if someone told me to watch an anime about collecting space debris and a Naive young lady, and a hotheaded trash collector. And that this would be my favorite anime.

I would think they're crazy. And yet... the anime I roughly described is my favorite anime "planetes".

So i agree with you in a really convolvoluted way :P And Monster is in my top 10 despite the flaws I agreed with. :P

yea, Monster isn't exactly an "easy to get" series (and quite different to other anime), which is why I think you really have to watch it in order to judge it

and planetes is an excellent anime/manga, easily one of my favorites :)

Lafiel said:
outlawauron said:

I'm going to watch it at some point, but hearing from friends that have, I don't see how it can be even be mentioned with that title. He said that it was a good and engaging show but towards the end, it really just drug along. Not just for an episode, but for the last 15 or so.

sry, but I don't see how you can judge it that way if all you are basing your opinion on is your friends comments

I don't have a 'set in stone' opinion about it. From the very little I've seen and from what I've heard, it has too many issues to be considered in that top tier of anime. Just from what I've gathered. Again, I'm going to watch it at some point, but I generally trust most of the people I talk to about these sorts of things.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
Lafiel said:
outlawauron said:

I don't have a 'set in stone' opinion about it. From the very little I've seen and from what I've heard, it has too many issues to be considered in that top tier of anime. Just from what I've gathered. Again, I'm going to watch it at some point, but I generally trust most of the people I talk to about these sorts of things.

Fair enough..... hopefully your schema of things change after watching it.

I was wondering why is Outlaw star so under-appreciated! I pretty much see it in the same vein as Cowboy Bebop (Just started re-watching both of these animes)

"Life is but a gentle death. Fate is but a sickness that results in extinction and in the midst of all the uncertainty, lies resolve."

I agree with you on Outlaw Star. It's magnificient. That's were half of my username comes from. Quite an excellent show and it belongs in my top 5 of all time.

Around the Network
outlawauron said:

I agree with you on Outlaw Star. It's magnificient. That's were half of my username comes from. Quite an excellent show and it belongs in my top 5 of all time.

The infamous episode 16 was actually aired here in Toonami uncut ~.-

"Life is but a gentle death. Fate is but a sickness that results in extinction and in the midst of all the uncertainty, lies resolve."

I remember when it aired on the late night Toonami runs. Rather surprised what was cut out of the shows.

Kamal you got a " Best Anime Ever" like every week

outlawauron said:

Agreed Ive watched outlaw star like 5 seperate times. I deem it as where my love for sci fi animes/games came from.

Xxain said:

Kamal you got a " Best Anime Ever" like every week

You just gave me a great idea for a thread ^.^

Should it be about Berserk or Fist of the North Star?