By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PSP has passed GBA in Japan!

According Media Create

Congrats to PSP! Really who would have thought at the start of this gen that you will lose handheld race in Japan despite selling over 15 million. This gen really has been weird. =P

Around the Network

Who would have thought that both new handhelds would be able to do this?!?  The handheld market is a monster.  Good timing too, because the 3DS is about to crush everything.

Nice work PSP.

I lol'ed at the picture!

Great for psp indeed, But to be fair gba was cut short by the ds releasing just 3 years after it 

hallowedbeeddie said:

Great for psp indeed, But to be fair gba was cut short by the ds releasing just 3 years after it 

That's good point but you must also remember that GBA had no competition at all. PSP has had DS and rising smartphone game market.

Around the Network

It just goes to show that yes the DS is smashing the psp but the psp has still been a huge succses for sony

Yeah i know my spelling sucks but im dysgraphic so live with it :3    

---------------------------------------------------Bets--------------------------------------------------

Conegamer - I say that the PS3 will beat the DS next week in Japan  (for hardware sales) Forfeit is control over others avatar for 1 week.

I couldn't get pass the picture

ot: BANZAI!!!!

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

DS will outsell GB soon and will become the best selling gaming HW ever in Japan.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Cool... I like the PSP a lot.

Of course a large part of that is based on the fact that handhelds are the only ones who seem to get collectable card game releases that are any good.

I like card games, but I ain't spending craptons of money on the real thing.

Nintendogamer said:

DS will outsell GB soon and will become the best selling gaming HW ever in Japan.

The difference is about 1 million. The record could be broken by the next 3 months.