By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Capcom - Monster Hunter 3 PS3 to Wii switch is no big deal

Faxanadu said:
Xiru said:
Faxanadu said:
RolStoppable said:
ckmlb said:
Not a big deal except PS3 graphics versus something that'll look like the PS2 MH games.

Just quoting you, because it's popular.

most quoted single statement ever.

as far as graphics, I think like with any new system, 1st generation graphics dont look as good as games after some years. therefore, the graphics will look much better on wii in 2 years and no one will compare with ps2 anymore.

This would be true if the Wii had new hardware. But it is using hardware very similar to the PS2. The reason 1st gen games look inferior is because developers don't really know how to code it yet. The Wii's technology is pretty dated so I believe it will always look like PS2.

you have so lost me there. The wii using a technology similar to the emotion engine? sorry? care to explain?

yeah, yeah. the wii is similar to emotion. That's why it's a bitch to program for and developers are pissing and moaning about the difficulty of making their games look good on the Wii. I mean, look at Cruisin. The only explanation for the N64 level graphics is that it was almost impossible for Midway developers to program on the Wii and after a huge amount of effort, they just gave up and released what they had.

Around the Network
rocketpig said:
naznatips said:
rocketpig said:
Wow, everybody jumping on Ck for that one... Anyway, I don't mind Capcom doing this. IMO, they're approaching this split platform problem this generation more intelligently than any other company around.

Got a game where motion controls might take precedence over graphics? Is the game also slightly more casual? Put it on the Wii. Put your other more hardcore games on PS3/360.

It makes far too much sense for anyone to complain about.

Wow, did I just see someone call Monster Hunter casual?  You sir don't know what hardcore is till you've played Monster Hunter.  One of the most difficult games currently on the market.  

Also, it seems Capcom has a multi-platform strategy, which is smart.  They aren't ignoring any one platform.  I respect them for that, and I wish more developers actually focused on developing quality titles of varrying genres across all platforms.

Hahah, no. I implied that Capcom is taking more of their casual games to Wii, not that it means Monster Hunter is casual because it's on the Wii.

I should have mentioned return vs. investment also. Capcom probably felt that it would be much easier to recoup the money on a limited market game like Monster Hunter on the Wii over the PS3/360.

Oh?  And what casual games would those be?  Resident Evil 4, Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles, Monster Hunter 3, Okami, and Zack & Wiki represent their major efforts on the Wii so far.  None of those (least of all the insanely challenging Zack & Wiki) could be classified as casual.  

totalwar23 said:
Faxanadu said:
Xiru said:
Faxanadu said:
RolStoppable said:
ckmlb said:
Not a big deal except PS3 graphics versus something that'll look like the PS2 MH games.

Just quoting you, because it's popular.

most quoted single statement ever.

as far as graphics, I think like with any new system, 1st generation graphics dont look as good as games after some years. therefore, the graphics will look much better on wii in 2 years and no one will compare with ps2 anymore.

This would be true if the Wii had new hardware. But it is using hardware very similar to the PS2. The reason 1st gen games look inferior is because developers don't really know how to code it yet. The Wii's technology is pretty dated so I believe it will always look like PS2.

you have so lost me there. The wii using a technology similar to the emotion engine? sorry? care to explain?

yeah, yeah. the wii is similar to emotion. That's why it's a bitch to program for and developers are pissing and moaning about the difficulty of making their games look good on the Wii. I mean, look at Cruisin. The only explanation for the N64 level graphics is that it was almost impossible for Midway developers to program on the Wii and after a huge amount of effort, they just gave up and released what they had.

Hahahahahaha! I like you, you're funny.

RolStoppable said:
OBJECTION!!!

You forgot Okami in your list.

oh no, casualness of list totally confirmed. 

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

RolStoppable said:
OBJECTION!!!

You forgot Okami in your list.

Added. ^_^

Around the Network

Wii isn't significantly more powerful than Xbox.

Spongebob said:
Wii isn't significantly more powerful than Xbox.

That really depends on what you consider "power."  The Wii's CPU and GPU clock only slightly higher than the Xbox, but its texture memory and framebuffer capabilities are much better.

We don't know what's in the Wii so we can only go by games on the systems. If the Wii is significantly more powerful why do almost all cross platform games look better on the Xbox? Also N'Gai Croal wrote an article in which he investigated this very issue and summed it up by saying they're close.

ckmlb said:

So Capcom is putting it on the DS?  I guess that makes sense.  And anyway, the DS is a much more popular system than the PS2 ever was.

currently playing: Desktop Tower Defense (PC), Puzzle Quest (DS), Trauma Center New Blood (Wii), Guitar Hero III (Wii), Ghost Squad (Wii), Actraiser (SNES), Donkey Kong County (SNES), The Legend of Zelda (NES), Kirby's Adventure (NES)

will play next: Paper Mario (N64), Golden Axe II (Sega), NiGHTS (Wii)

Join the Ron Paul RLOVEution, support Ron Paul for president in the 2008 Republican presidential primary! http://www.ronpaul2008.com

You people are bad in reading between the lines.
So, when someone (Yojimbo?) said, that losing MH3 was a big loss for PS3, it propably was of course, but looks like it's nothing compared to what Capcom says it's losing. It looks like games developed for 360 or PS3 will be on both platforms (and some may be on Wii too), but games developed for Wii will mostly be exclusives.

About the Wiis technology being similar with PS2, you are comparing the wrong (non-Nintendo) console. It's actually a lot more similar to 360.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.