By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Happy Diwali All!

Happy Diwali!

Here where I live the Sikh's are celebrating it. Their was a parade and tons of festivities. Though I have not participated in any. I did consider going out and buying Samosa and Jalabi but didn't want to get stuck in the crowds of people their celebrating.

My cities gone nuts apparently the temples are giving out free food and stuff. Should check it out. It lasts the whole week right? Or did it just end?

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Around the Network
Joelcool7 said:

My cities gone nuts apparently the temples are giving out free food and stuff. Should check it out. It lasts the whole week right? Or did it just end?

It's 5 days long but the first few days and the last day are generally the most celebrated. We aren't the most athletic folk so it's generally a blowout at the start, a few days to recoup and a final day blowout. :P

my gf is hindu. Her mum complained she forgot to mention Happy Diwali to her dad lol.

Happy Diwali!

Cobretti2 said:

my gf is hindu. Her mum complained she forgot to mention Happy Diwali to her dad lol.

Haha. Yea.  Brown parents can be pretty nuts. I've got first hand experience. ^_^

Around the Network

Happy Diwali :D

EDIT: I'm not a hindu, but wishing well for others is never bad.

Happy Diwali...guess that makes two hindus on vgcharts :)

Rainbird said:

Agreed. I get quite swept up in the Christmas spirit too! I just love the togetherness and spirit of it all.

And Thanks! (for the wishes and the XBL add )

priteshmodi said:
Rainbird said:

Agreed. I get quite swept up in the Christmas spirit too! I just love the togetherness and spirit of it all.

And Thanks! (for the wishes and the XBL add )

*high five*

Ah yes, Shubh Divali. It's actually spelt with a 'V' where I am.

After this weekend I need to take a little break from Indian food lol.