By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - MS kinect commercials purposely misleading?

Well after seeing several of their commercials far more times then I would of wanted I'm pretty sure MS is trying to give the impression that kinect will work for any game to the people that don't know any better, it's not like this is the first time MS has made misleading commercials, so yeah I really hope people don't get conned by them 

Around the Network

what do you mean? which commercials? and what are ms saying?

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

theonewhoisme said:

Well after seeing several of their commercials far more times then I would of wanted I'm pretty sure MS is trying to give the impression that kinect will work for any game to the people that don't know any better, it's not like this is the first time MS has made misleading commercials, so yeah I really hope people don't get conned by them 

Oh really?  How do you reckon?

Sure seems to me like they are only showing Kinect games and features.

/thread

nightsurge said:
theonewhoisme said:

/thread

None of the commercials I've seen have shown any features or games for kinect, just people jumping around and then saying you are the controller 

theonewhoisme said:
nightsurge said:
theonewhoisme said:

/thread

None of the commercials I've seen have shown any features or games for kinect, just people jumping around and then saying you are the controller 

That would be misleading because...

Are you saying that you don't jump around and you are not the controller with Kinect?

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Around the Network
smbu2000 said:
theonewhoisme said:
nightsurge said:
theonewhoisme said:

/thread

Are you saying that you don't jump around and you are not the controller with Kinect?

no it's misleading because it doesn't specify in anyway that there is a very limit selection of games that you can be the controller for, I said misleading not lying, go look up the words in the dictionary 

You need to pay better attention then.  Unless you had a cut down version of the commercial, all of them I have seen showed Kinect gameplay footage in them at some point.

No where does it say or even try to imply Kinect works with every game.

theonewhoisme said:

there is a very limit selection of games that you can be the controller for

There is no limit. But some genres might be really shitty on the Kinect.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

theonewhoisme said:
smbu2000 said:

no it's misleading because it doesn't specify in anyway that there is a very limit selection of games that you can be the controller for, I said misleading not lying, go look up the words in the dictionary 

PSMove comercials didn't say they had a limited selection of games.

WM Plus comercials didn't say it had a limited selection of games.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

nightsurge said:

You need to pay better attention then.  Unless you had a cut down version of the commercial, all of them I have seen showed Kinect gameplay footage in them at some point.

No where does it say or even try to imply Kinect works with every game.

None of them have shown any footage at all, and nowhere does it imply it doesn't either, which one is someone who isn't familiar with it going to assume?