By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - MS kinect commercials purposely misleading?

Mr Puggsly said:
theonewhoisme said:

there is a very limit selection of games that you can be the controller for

There is no limit. But some genres might be really shitty on the Kinect.

see what I mean already one person who got the wrong idea, thinking that all games will work with kienct 

Around the Network
theonewhoisme said:
Mr Puggsly said:
theonewhoisme said:

see what I mean already one person who got the wrong idea, thinking that all games will work with kienct 

no, there is just more assumptions by posters.

You stated that there is a very limited selection of games (as in any game released prior to kinect won't magically work with kinect)

Mr Puggsly stated that any genre could work, but it might be crappy. He never stated that all games do work with kinect, you just assumed it yourself.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

theonewhoisme said:
nightsurge said:

You need to pay better attention then.  Unless you had a cut down version of the commercial, all of them I have seen showed Kinect gameplay footage in them at some point.

No where does it say or even try to imply Kinect works with every game.

None of them have shown any footage at all, and nowhere does it imply it doesn't either, which one is someone who isn't familiar with it going to assume?

They're going to go to the store and see all the 360 games that come in purple boxes that say Kinetic on them. Then they'll know that they work with Kinect. MS changed the color of the game boxes to make it easier to identify Kinect games vs. regular 360 games (still in the green cases and do not say Kinect on them).

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

nordlead said:
theonewhoisme said:
smbu2000 said:

That would be misleading because...

Are you saying that you don't jump around and you are not the controller with Kinect?

no it's misleading because it doesn't specify in anyway that there is a very limit selection of games that you can be the controller for, I said misleading not lying, go look up the words in the dictionary 

PSMove comercials didn't say they had a limited selection of games.

WM Plus comercials didn't say it had a limited selection of games.

True but they showed gameplay footage atleast and don't have any phrases that would give people the completely wrong idea 

smbu2000 said:
theonewhoisme said:
nightsurge said:

You need to pay better attention then.  Unless you had a cut down version of the commercial, all of them I have seen showed Kinect gameplay footage in them at some point.

None of them have shown any footage at all, and nowhere does it imply it doesn't either, which one is someone who isn't familiar with it going to assume?

They're going to go to the store and see all the 360 games that come in purple boxes that say Kinetic on them. Then they'll know that they work with Kinect. MS changed the color of the game boxes to make it easier to identify Kinect games vs. regular 360 games (still in the green cases and do not say Kinect on them).

Thats of course only after they already bought the thing, possibly under a false assumption 

Around the Network
theonewhoisme said:
smbu2000 said:
theonewhoisme said:
nightsurge said:

Thats of course only after they already bought the thing, possibly under a false assumption 

what do you suggest than?

nordlead said:
theonewhoisme said:
Mr Puggsly said:
theonewhoisme said:

You stated that there is a very limited selection of games (as in any game released prior to kinect won't magically work with kinect)

Mr Puggsly stated that any genre could work, but it might be crappy. He never stated that all games do work with kinect, you just assumed it yourself.

don't speak for other people

Ricoswuave38 said:
theonewhoisme said:
smbu2000 said:
theonewhoisme said:
nightsurge said:

Would I suggest for what, that strategy is perfect, people make a false assumption based on a misleading statement in a commercial and then buy the thing, and everyone defends MS for it because they didn't actually lie, they just left out enough information and said something in the perfect way 

theonewhoisme said:
Ricoswuave38 said:
theonewhoisme said:
smbu2000 said:
theonewhoisme said:
nightsurge said:

Would I suggest for what, that strategy is perfect, people make a false assumption based on a misleading statement in a commercial and then buy the thing, and everyone defends MS for it because they didn't actually lie, they just left out enough information and said something in the perfect way 

Please go back under the bridge from where you came.

theonewhoisme said:
nordlead said:
theonewhoisme said:

don't speak for other people

but wait, you did when you said that he thinks that all games will work with kinect. How come it is ok for you, but not ok for me?

Oh, thats right, you are just trying to find whatever you can so you can troll Microsoft.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)