By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - White Knight Chronicles

And if your only attack on a point of criticism is that of generalization the criticism to essentially encompass all games, you've essentially just negated the very point of trying compare games in any way to begin with, making any discussion on the matter outside of shameless pandering, moot. Let us avoid such tricks of rhetoric and semantics and just wait for the game to come out before making too many predictions of whether it will be good or bad.

The game will either be:

A. Good, and sell an decent number of copies.

B. Good, and sell an underwhelming number of copies.

C. Mediocre, and sell a dissapointing number of copies.

This is assuming of course that the PS3's software attatch rate don't pick up, at this rate I doesn't expect to see too many of its exclusives outside of the unquestionable MGS4, GT5, GOW3 or FFXIII do terribly well.

Genre plays a big part in this too, is this a genre that will attract a large amount of the PS3's user base? I have no clue.

Around the Network

I don`t think it will sell very good.
It will sell on average.. maybe around 100-150k in Japan, 100k usa, and same in europe.
That is first week sales, but it will sell over 1 mln. because till FFXIII, this and ES will be the only GOOD jrpg on ps3. =)
Disgaea 3, well this is more tactical game. :)
EA - pretty average jrpg.

So, WKS is a choice for 1st part 2008.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Girl Gamer Elite said:

And if your only attack on a point of criticism is that of generalization the criticism to essentially encompass all games, you've essentially just negated the very point of trying compare games in any way to begin with, making any discussion on the matter outside of shameless pandering, moot. Let us avoid such tricks of rhetoric and semantics and just wait for the game to come out before making too many predictions of whether it will be good or bad.

The game will either be:

A. Good, and sell an decent number of copies.

B. Good, and sell an underwhelming number of copies.

C. Mediocre, and sell a dissapointing number of copies.

This is assuming of course that the PS3's software attatch rate don't pick up, at this rate I doesn't expect to see too many of its exclusives outside of the unquestionable MGS4, GT5, GOW3 or FFXIII do terribly well.

Genre plays a big part in this too, is this a genre that will attract a large amount of the PS3's user base? I have no clue.

The track record of the developer says it will most likely be a good game.  Seeing a demo or a few trailers is not going to be indicative of the gameplay for the entire game.

Also, sales have nothing to do with the topic at hand.

@ Parokki )

it can't be a good game without GATTAI :P , but for some special attack they might be able to combine the mechs lol

It'll be a good game, I'm sure. As for leaving the other characters useless; the same elements are found in other praised titles as well, amd that type of summoning/morphing is very common in JRPG's.

Around the Network

Double post, my cat did it...

Wow it's the first time i see these trailers and this game is, as of now, my most anticipated game of 2008! It looks really promising and i'm much more interested in this than FFXIII.

@ gamingdevil )

and WKC is pretty certain to really release in 2008 , while FF XIII might end up as a 2009 release

The comparison between this and power rangers is pretty good.

If only one could replace the white knight giant with the Megazord...

OnE3nD said:

At first after seeing the trailer and the gameplay I was totally BLOWN AWAY but then I saw a three part gameplay and I realized...........................the battles are gonna be really repetitive. I mean seriously this is one of the main reasons I bought a Ps3 was for a great RPG but it seems like im gonna be getting a Power Rangers game packed like Final Fantasy.

1.You'll be fighting little guys whooping ***.

2.Big giant guy comes out of nowhere.

3.The big guy beats you up for a second.

4.POWER RANGERS MORPH.

5.You get big and kill him and your weaker characters just sit there useless.

This is my opinion so Sony RPG fanboys don't come to kill me this is one of my most anticipated RPG's next year but it looks like its going to be really repetitive and have a very cliched story on top of it.

Discuss...put fanboyism aside.

I'm really looking forward to White Knight; I think it'll be a great RPG and yet another great game to add to the PS3's library.